HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2007, 09:43 PM
Joined Jun 2007
1 Posts
Discussion
Electronio scs for Noobies

I'm new to RC flight (i come from an RC electric car background). I went down to my local hobby shop and got myself a Blade CX2 helicopter, but I want to try my hand at fixed-wing aircraft without spending too much money. I'm very hands-on, so I'd love to try my hand at building foamies, where I think I can learn a lot about flight.

My problem is that I don't want to spend a bunch of money on electronics until I know I'll like fixed-wing flight. Is there any way I can use some of the electronics out of my CX2 for a fixed-wing? I know the CX2's 4in1 applies corrective input based on its gyroscope, but I think turning the gain all the way down should entirely turn this off. This is the only problem I can think of.

Also, being a pre-noob (noobs have an airplane already, I don't), I don't know anything about motors and props for aircraft. Would the motors in the CX2 be adaptable to fixed-wing, and if so, what kind of prop would be best suited? My initial thoughts are that these motors might be too big for a foamie.

Let me know if this scheme of mine is ridiculous (I'd appreciate it). If someone could point me to some cheap, decent quality electronics to use for a noob, I'd appreciate that too.

edit: pardon the typo in the title. If a mod could change it to "Electronics for Noobies" that would be splendid.
batteryacid is offline Find More Posts by batteryacid
Last edited by batteryacid; Jun 25, 2007 at 09:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
feel no remorse
underground
Joined Jun 2004
1,184 Posts
try here https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...e/uh_index.asp
youth must fly is offline Find More Posts by youth must fly
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:42 PM
Missouri, near St. Louis
Joined Sep 2004
299 Posts
You're best bet is to leave the cx2 alone. Use the radio and get a micro reciever with matching crystal, cheap servos, esc and a little outrunner and some foam. Then start building. You could probably get all your needed electronics for about 40 or 50 bucks.
dooky is offline Find More Posts by dooky