HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 30, 2001, 02:43 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,473 Posts
Yes .

Spinning the backplate 180 will reverse the motor and keep your red wire as positive but then the timing is retarded so you will need to spin it another 70 degrees if you are advanced 35 degrees now. BTW, 35 degrees sounds like a lot. I would check the no load current at nuetral and advance the timing to get another 2.5 amps current draw.

Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2001, 01:59 AM
"Watch this!" SMACK!
Mountain View Moffett Fd, California, United States
Joined Apr 2001
1,048 Posts
Reversing a brushed motor

Hi,

I recently picked up a Trinity 13x4 D4 motor to put in my Voyager after reading James Wang's article in SE Modeler Magazine.

The motor currently runs clockwise and has the timing set to 35 degrees. To work in the Voyager, I need to reverse direction. I'd prefer to keep the + lead positive, so I'll have to reverse direction by rotating the endbell.

However, I'm a bit confused by what Wang says in the article. He says to, "...loosen the two motor screws and change the timing to -[negative]35 degrees..." However, this does not reverse the motor. Does he assume we're reversing the wires?

Another way to ask the question is whether rotating the endbell by 180 degrees on a stock motor is sufficient or if you also have to set the timing to -35 degrees.

--jim

jaggies is offline Find More Posts by jaggies