SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2011, 11:43 AM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
315 Posts
Hi Elmo -- If they're pretty close in size I wouldn't hesitate to adjust the servo tray a bit to fit the servos you want to use. The TS-11 is more servo than you need, though, in my view. My Seawind has basic 9g HXT900's all around and works great. I did, however, need to do a little bit of Dremeling to make them fit.

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 03:17 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,377 Posts
Can someone please tell me if this motor would have enough power to adequately fly this model with 3s 30c 1500 lipos?

http://www.exceedrc.com/63m14.html

Thank you for any advice! Ive got a three bladed prop for the motor already.
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:43 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post
Can someone please tell me if this motor would have enough power to adequately fly this model with 3s 30c 1500 lipos?

http://www.exceedrc.com/63m14.html

Thank you for any advice! Ive got a three bladed prop for the motor already.
This motor is too small.
McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:55 PM
Joined Sep 2006
590 Posts
I burned a similiar motor rated at 160 watts that I got from BP hobbies. I overstressed it trying to get good performance on a hot day. I won't use anything that isn't rated for at least 200 watts continuous duty. I also recommend at least a 1200 kv motor to get enough performance out of the small props that will fit this airframe.
bob93447 is offline Find More Posts by bob93447
Old Aug 05, 2011, 12:46 PM
United States, TX, Frisco
Joined Jan 2004
998 Posts
Found a new spot to fly out of and lov'n this bird. My first t/o had a little bit of a "submarine" splash (I forgot NOT to relax back pressure right after liftoff). Seemed ok but taxied back to be sure. Just as it got to the shore the motor started sputtering oddly. Turns out there was some water in the cockpit that shorted something. The ESC and rcvr are corrosionX'd, but it must have allowed some shorting somewhere on the batt connection. Once it dried out, all it good and it flies great. I now keep the plugs velcro'd on top of the batt vice the side.
eroeder is offline Find More Posts by eroeder
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Sep 2006
590 Posts
Has anyone measured the gauge of the motor wires supplied with the Seawind EP? They seem pretty small.
bob93447 is offline Find More Posts by bob93447
Old Aug 09, 2014, 09:06 AM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Seawind at Superland lake (2 min 31 sec)
sharonx is online now Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Aug 10, 2014, 08:34 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,137 Posts
Very nice video. How about a picture of the SeaWind showing how you set up your camera?

McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:31 AM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,924 Posts
Engine Mount Angle

I recently broke the engine mount plate on my Seawind (not sure how - hard landing).

Anyway I thought I had glued it all back on correctly but now the shaft has a little up tilt which from memory and standard tractor setups obviously isn't right.

Before I have another go at it would someone be so kind to detail or post a couple of pictures of the correct engine / prop shaft angles (both from the side and top would be great).

Thanks for any assistance!!
Goody63 is offline Find More Posts by Goody63
Old Aug 22, 2014, 02:30 PM
Halifax Electric Flyers Assoc
Halifax, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
315 Posts
Built-up a brand-new Seawind airframe a couple of weeks ago when the old one began to disintegrate. Too much abuse I guess. With the new one I've added a bunch more LEDs for evening flying at the lake:

SeaWind ep with lights (0 min 20 sec)

This is a combination of a Turnigy navigation set, two Lumifly strips in the wings, and a bunch of bright whites salvaged from an old LED patio umbrella light.

For the most part I tried to make the lighting indirect, so the white lights are generally aimed at the plane itself or embedded in the foam to diffuse them. You can see that I've got a light in the nose of the fuse and another in the motor pod, and the two Lumifly strips are pointed into the wing rather than outwards. I find a glowing plane is much easier to orient than a bunch of pinpoints of light.

The LED controls are inside the hollow pod on top of the wing. A tight fit with a lot of magnet wire going every which way.

I also did some toothpick and carbon fibre reinforcing of the fuse, motor mount and wing mount prior to flight, most of which I think is already shown in this thread. One I haven't seen before is a strip of CF embedded into the top of the motor pod, running back about 5 inches. I'm hoping with less flexing I'll get fewer prop strikes on the top of the wing from my frequently bouncy landings.

Dave
dghutt is offline Find More Posts by dghutt