HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2007, 11:35 AM
south carolina
Joined Jun 2007
30 Posts
Discussion
wild hawk duct taped?

hello again,

this post is concerning my harbor freight wild hawk. as stated in previous posts, i am using it as a trainer. also, as stated, i have really banged it up.

anyway, i used chrome duct tape instead of packing tape because thats what i had on hand. most of the nose is covered in duct tape (and glue of course). i used a total of around 2 feet of duct tape, which doesn't weight much more than packing tape. i haven't flown it since i taped it up. should i put weight in the back to balance the plane? if so, what should i use?

the cg seems to be almost in the same place as it was before.

thanks for any help!
barlowe is offline Find More Posts by barlowe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2007, 01:52 PM
Oldie but goodie
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Jun 2003
3,890 Posts
How much difference is "the CG is almost in the same place"?

An 1/8" either way (off from the factory CG) will most likely make little difference. More than that, and I would remove the duct tape and RE-repair your plane with some proper Foam safe adhesive.
Popsflyer is offline Find More Posts by Popsflyer