SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:00 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
I've just got the V2 templates now. Got to get those on CAD. The first run Yaks will be cut in the next few weeks. Trying to get some done for SEFF.
3Deranged is online now Find More Posts by 3Deranged
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:35 PM
Joined Oct 2009
20 Posts
Clik! XL

She's big and pink but she don't stink !!
ltk999 is offline Find More Posts by ltk999
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:29 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltk999 View Post
She's big and pink but she don't stink !!
Sweet! Pink gets you high as a kite
KatManDEW is offline Find More Posts by KatManDEW
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:04 AM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
Very nice Itk999! Pink is very visible, nothing wrong with being able to make out your plane in flight. Bound to be a chick magnet[PHP][/PHP]
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:04 AM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
Congrats Private Hilson and all servicemen and women that went thru boot camp at Ft. Jackson SC!!! Heather made it there for the ceremonies and snapped some pics. I'm sure he's jonesing for his planes and I'll make sure to have them charged and standing @ attention on the runway when he gets home on leave. Godspeed dude!
Last edited by 3Deranged; Mar 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 02:59 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,228 Posts
Congrats Blake! and a big THANK YOU for your service to our country.

Mike
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:04 PM
TEAM FUTABA
Ohio
Joined Dec 2002
330 Posts
Blake, Thank you for help keep America a free country.

Greg
kitman is offline Find More Posts by kitman
Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:49 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
Way to go Blake! Thanks for your service.

Maiden today was absolutely wonderful, except for the wet blanket provided by the #@!#%!%^! incessant wind

This thing hovers so well it's like cheating. I kept thinking, "OK. Any second now I'm gonna have to move the sticks to hold it in this hover....."
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
Glad you had a good maiden. Haven't had a bad maiden yet with one of these. Yeah, really unstable platform-eh? Walls are pivotal not arcing-who needs that? No wing rocking harriers and elevators-where's the fun there?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:30 PM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. Blake can use all the positive comments now as he's not had a TX in his hands for the longest time. I'll try and have his planes standing @ attention when he gets back on leave so he can rip it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitman View Post
Blake, Thank you for help keep America a free country.

Greg
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:58 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
I didn't try it with my new baby in the wind today, but a club mate has one that I cut out, and his does the best "elevator", I think it's called, that I've ever seen, in any video or anywhere. Just get it up high and chop the throttle and pull back on the elevator, and it floats down perfectly horizontal, as if it's riding down on an elevator It's amazing.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:22 PM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
Don't think we've bothered to video that manuever-it's just too easy.
But it's one of my favorites. Course pattern smoothness added to 3D is this planes forte-love watching pattern guys breathing over Blakes shoulder when he flies it after a pattern meet. They usually hate foamies. Had a customer in the store(pattern pilot) who watched a Clik-X pattern vid and was asking if it was a full fuse 2m plane. I just laughed and said that's next and when he found out it was a flat foamie his mouth fell open. Course he wants one too LOL
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:41 PM
FASST flyer
USA, OH, Newark
Joined Sep 2001
3,563 Posts
One would certainly think that a plane that performed both pattern and 3D well, would be the holy grail. And both the indoor and outdoor Click's do both pattern and 3D very well.

My Click-X hung on the prop so well today that it was unnerving. I had to move the sticks after awhile to make sure it wasn't stuck up there in the sky
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:13 AM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
Stuck in the sky LOL. My favorite comment from a rank beginner(2nd flight doing loops and rolls) was " Hey, this plane flies too straight". I wouldn't consider it to be a total 3D animal but if you want smooth clean 3D or just pattern it will do both in one flight without moving the battery. After having fooled with them for a couple of years now I just can't seem to get away from them. A team Futaba pattern pilot has one of mine and he loves being able to go out in his backyard and practice when not being able to make the flying field. Guess that's my favorite part, having the versatilty to do whatever strikes you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatManDEW View Post
One would certainly think that a plane that performed both pattern and 3D well, would be the holy grail. And both the indoor and outdoor Click's do both pattern and 3D very well.

My Click-X hung on the prop so well today that it was unnerving. I had to move the sticks after awhile to make sure it wasn't stuck up there in the sky
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:31 AM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2010
926 Posts
Congrats on the successful maiden Kat! I am waiting for a triac so that I can finish the power supply for a hot wire foam cutter I am building. With a little research, I found with the right equipment, I could easily slice 1" blue foam into 1/2" thickness (two parts for the price of one ).

I agree this plane looks like it could be a "holy grail" for combining pattern and 3D. Actually, what makes it so is that not only does it look like it flies both so extremely well at a very slow pace, it is also an inexpensive, fast easy build, and somewhat rugged and easily repairable airframe. It's the total package that makes it a holy grail!

Can't wait to try a controlled "elevator". Did an uncontrolled one once when I literally lost an engine due to a midair.

SpadCat
SpadCat2000 is online now Find More Posts by SpadCat2000