SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:02 PM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Deranged View Post
Just added a new counter-rotating setup to my Vizion to see what happens. Try and post results and vid later...
Looks really good.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:22 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,186 Posts
So far sucko! The prop adapter appears to be bent and the rear prop needs to be adjusted better. Lots of vibration-booo!!! Need to get it straightened out before any flying is attempted. Otherwise it's coming back off and the kick butt Tiger motor is going back on.
3Deranged is offline Find More Posts by 3Deranged
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:41 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
had to steal the microdan off the 42 Vizion for another plane so decided to throw my a30-16m on it with a 12x5 xoar. I'm glad I did. This really changed the plane alot. Power is perfect and the extra 2 ounces helped too (26.5 AUW). CC25 set for med. throttle response and 40% brake has produced a setup that I cant see any need to improve. Dead calm wind this morning and the thing was just amazing. Also used rubber gromets on the engine mount which seemed to keep the noise down. all I can hear is the prop usually
Also am in the middle of machining pulleys for the next plane (Yes J, I am making you a set). I have a feeling these will improve control feel in a very positive way. We'll see
bill clark is offline Find More Posts by bill clark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D printing small parts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:03 PM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,186 Posts
42" Vizion seems to like the AUW @ around 29oz or so. As usual excellent work on the horns. Working on Vizion Pro and Yak 55m Mk II . Oh yeah and forgot the E-lluzion pattern bipe, Techone Blue Fox, and a dozen other projects LOL You may as well make a second set or the person who's name shall not be spoken will want some too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill clark View Post
had to steal the microdan off the 42 Vizion for another plane so decided to throw my a30-16m on it with a 12x5 xoar. I'm glad I did. This really changed the plane alot. Power is perfect and the extra 2 ounces helped too (26.5 AUW). CC25 set for med. throttle response and 40% brake has produced a setup that I cant see any need to improve. Dead calm wind this morning and the thing was just amazing. Also used rubber gromets on the engine mount which seemed to keep the noise down. all I can hear is the prop usually
Also am in the middle of machining pulleys for the next plane (Yes J, I am making you a set). I have a feeling these will improve control feel in a very positive way. We'll see
Old Feb 26, 2013, 06:52 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
only making 2 complete sets so you may have to flip for it. I plan to see if these need any tweaks then make a bunch to sell. when is the laser guy gunna cut foam?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:13 AM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,186 Posts
Should be the next couple of weeks. Get me some foam if you want some cut. Call me..
Old Mar 28, 2013, 09:02 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
No time to meticulously carve out a 4oz Vizion so I had to settle for this. Building a contra drive with carbon props for it too. going to need to find a good pilot to evaluate it. hmmmm.........
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:47 AM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Spectacular crash and burn!

Turning Trix test flight and Incineration (3 min 8 sec)
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Apr 01, 2013, 02:49 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Hey Jason, you can buy Areogel on eBay! Of course at that price it would cost a fortune to make a plane. But maybe some day the price will drop low enough. Just think, in the future maybe Graves will be selling this stuff by the sheet like Depron.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3x1-3x0-5-...873#vi-content
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:24 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
Landing gear, pulley linkage and new foam
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post26354932
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:05 AM
USA, OH, Olmsted Falls
Joined Feb 2007
880 Posts
Are any kits available?

/=
tele1974 is offline Find More Posts by tele1974
Old Oct 13, 2013, 08:25 AM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
Aerokinetics (3dearanged) is in the process of installing the machinery to produce these designs in house. Don't know exactly when kits will be available but it should be in the very near future
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2013, 01:09 PM
Hilson87
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Oct 2006
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1974 View Post
Are any kits available?

/=
Yah I second this! This Jason guy is taking forever! And bill wow you have way to many trick components! You have taken the knowledge of what Jason and I learned and have just taken it to a new level of craft. Beautiful stuff. Sure wish I was cool enough to have that kind of equipment. Lol
Hilson87 is offline Find More Posts by Hilson87
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ozone Shuttle Pro Review
Old Oct 15, 2013, 08:32 PM
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,186 Posts
Unless you would like to drop 20k on everyone elses' pleasure then be my quest! Investing in the RC industry at this point in our economy is probably not the smartest move I've ever made but I've tried to have my designs cut out by no less that 4 cnc operations and they couldn't handle it. So...if you can't find anyone to do it then you've got to do it yourself! I'm pouring the concrete tommorrow for my building and the machine will be delivered by the end of the month so it will take a couple of weeks to get the building done, electricity hooked up and the machine calibrated and running properly. Everyone wants the bread but no one wants to help pick the wheat. [QUOTE=Hilson87;26368719]Yah I second this! This Jason guy is taking forever!]
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:34 PM
Half way there
USA, FL, Ocoee
Joined Sep 2008
1,206 Posts
Alright boys, enough of the bickering. Cant have the CEO and the chief test pilot going at each others throats just yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilson87 View Post
You have taken the knowledge of what Jason and I learned and have just taken it to a new level of craft.
Just trying to apply my abilities to make things better. the irony is overall I haven't contributed in a way that improved anything. its simply my obsessive nature running amuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilson87 View Post
Sure wish I was cool enough to have that kind of equipment. Lol
your still young, once you sink 25 years into your chosen path you will be cool too
RCG Plus Member