HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 06:10 PM
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Dec 2004
188 Posts
I'll say it again and again and again and ag-----and a----

The Tower Pro 2409-12T with a GWS 9 X 5 HD prop and a 2200 mah 3S lipo pack is a hard combination to beat !!!!!!!!! Straight up, or fly slow --either one. You cannot beat the combination for price / performance. Headsuprc supplies the motor for about 12 dollars. -- Wears like iron !!

You wiall thank me forever !!

Pete
Pete2 is offline Find More Posts by Pete2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2009, 05:00 PM
United States, NE, Hebron
Joined Nov 2008
997 Posts
hard to beat this one also i have its bigger brother in my fw 190 with an apc 9x7.5 prop. this should give you all you want drawing just over 20 amps or so with the 3s and speed above 60 according to motorcalc. it will be my next motor for these birds..

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...r_(Eq_AXi_2808)
57sailplane is offline Find More Posts by 57sailplane
Old Mar 08, 2009, 05:34 PM
Pula, Croatia
Joined Jan 2009
37 Posts
p-40

Hi!
I'm flying my p-40 but the problem is the plane must have over 730g!
I have this motor http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...utrunner_Motor,
turnigy 25 esc and zippy 2.200mah!
P-40 has cca 730g but with lower battery the landing is a little bit difficult becouse you must have a certain speed on landing or you gonna have stall!
p-40 with this motor is bullet and you can fly about 12-14min!
Highly reccomended plane!

few pics..
marko_pu is offline Find More Posts by marko_pu
Old Mar 08, 2009, 05:36 PM
Pula, Croatia
Joined Jan 2009
37 Posts
p-40

after this crash is flying again!
excellent plane! I like foamies :-))
Old Mar 09, 2009, 04:50 AM
UK
Joined Dec 2002
206 Posts
What happened, looked like a good thump

nick
nickthefarrow is offline Find More Posts by nickthefarrow
Old Mar 10, 2009, 01:46 PM
Pula, Croatia
Joined Jan 2009
37 Posts
p-40

p-40 is an excellent flyer! I ordered new one and FW-190!
I hope to get them soon!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 02:00 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Parts??

Any place selling Parts, Stocking parts for this one??
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Mar 10, 2009, 02:03 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,250 Posts
www.caliberhobby.com is the GWSUSA outlet (IIRC)

http://www.caliberhobby.com/gws40_parts.html

EPO and EPS are both $60.00. I love the EPO FW190. The foam is denser, stronger and glues by CA without melting. I dropped a large screwdriver off my table and it bounced off the wing of the EPO bird. The same kind of impact would have gouged or broken an EPS wing. The weight penalty is minimal and the toughness of the EPO will more than makeup for an ounce or two of difference. I fly both my P-40(EPS) and the FW 190(EPO) on ~300 watts. Between the two, the 190 EPO flies much better, due to zero repairs needed and zero glue/epoxy after the initial build.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
Joined Nov 2008
997 Posts
hey

jimnm,

have you found a paint that sticks to the epo. if so could you post pics and tell us what it is. thanks andrew k
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:49 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57sailplane
hey

jimnm,

have you found a paint that sticks to the epo. if so could you post pics and tell us what it is. thanks andrew k
I have found that both enamel paints, like Humbrol Enamel, and lacquers stick to EPO well.

There are also Plastic Primers, used to paint plastic auto trim, that will make a bond between EPO and Acrylic Craft Paints. Tamiya have a plastics primer and Multiplex have one as well but I have not yet tried the Multiplex primer

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:46 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,250 Posts
Andrew - the paint I used was Testors Model Master. Tape will lift it, but I did not overspray (yet) with WBPU. I still have not put the stickers on yet - my FW is still flying in it's underware. Flat grey/blue top and battle ship grey belly. That's not what I would call a high visibility scheme
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:29 PM
Bethlehem, Pa
Joined Jun 2004
180 Posts
Spinner Adaptor

I am just about to mount up the motor and I have a question I hope sombody can help me out with. I purchased a 3" Great Planes spinner for the P-40, I have a TP 2409 and want to adapt the spinner to it. Can anybody point me to an adaptor that I can use?

Thanks, Gary
basha53 is offline Find More Posts by basha53
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:10 PM
Joined Sep 2006
435 Posts
Re - Spinner Adapter

I had the same problem and wanted to mount a GP 3" spinner with aluminum back. I could not find an adapter long enough for this.

I tried an adapter that mounted on the shaft, but this didn't work well for me. (something like this: http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?cPath=36_61&products_id=2360&osCs id=0293fe585f8d29e9f8ddb8a1f00f1ab4). I couldn't get this to work w/o vibration, though I realize now that I may have had a bent shaft.

I ended up machining my own adapter with sufficient length to do the job. I made it to mount on the back of the engine. The first think I have ever made on my Unimat DB200.

This worked like a charm.

Bear in mind that the 3" spinner adds significant weight, and you will have to add ALOT of weight to the tail. (about 1/2 a stick of GWS clay! if using a 3S 2100 mah motor)

Also note that I think the added weight IMPROVES the flying characteristics of this plane. My landings are much smoother with the added 3" spinner and weight on the tail. I still have practically unlimited vertical with the EPYAYA high-performance configuration.

Good luck.
JohnAsaPrice is offline Find More Posts by JohnAsaPrice
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JohnAsaPrice; Mar 18, 2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: more detail about weight
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:38 PM
Joined Nov 2008
997 Posts
this is what i use. they have a few differant shaft sizes. i can put either plastic or aluminum backed spinners on. the only thing is, is that you have to get proper motor mounting or you will have a big space between spinner and fuselage.

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=1664
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:38 AM
UK
Joined Dec 2002
206 Posts
Hi JohnAsaPrice

I have just completed my p40 and am running with ~250 watts and its OK, but it does seem to be pitched around by any wind and lacks any real speed. I'd be interested to know the weight, power/motor/prop and cog you are running with. I feel this could me a mean machine but mine just does'nt feel like it atm!

Thanks

nick
nickthefarrow is offline Find More Posts by nickthefarrow