HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2007, 07:08 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIFlyin'Ace
kensp,
Wow, a kit-bashed Se5.
What did you use for the Fuselage?
I've been following his build thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732128
Roger Lombard is online now Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2007, 08:11 AM
Flyboy
Annapolis, Md
Joined Oct 2004
735 Posts
Who is selling GWS three bladed DD props now?

Bill
Bill Lesko is offline Find More Posts by Bill Lesko
Old Sep 07, 2007, 11:13 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,640 Posts
Bill,

Would you visit www.epyaya.com or www.caliberhobby.com for buying GWS 3 bladed props. if they do not stock them, just contact service@gwsus.com or info@granddistribution.com seeking more dealers informations.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Sep 07, 2007, 03:55 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIFlyin'Ace
kensp,
Wow, a kit-bashed Se5.
What did you use for the Fuselage?
In the words of the news boy standing on the corner "READ ALL ABOUT IT" in this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=732128

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Sep 07, 2007, 04:01 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,046 Posts
Roger, the Hurricane needs your vote here!
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Sep 07, 2007, 04:41 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Bill,

Would you visit www.epyaya.com or www.caliberhobby.com for buying GWS 3 bladed props. if they do not stock them, just contact service@gwsus.com or info@granddistribution.com seeking more dealers informations.

Chen
I just bought a NPS P-40 from Epyaya.com and specifically requested they send the new 10x6DD 3 blader with it. The written note I got with the kit from George Sechrist (Epyaya.com) says, and I quote, "GWS has not produced the 3 bladed 10x6 prop. The only 3-bladed props we have available are 9x7, 9x5, 8x4". They sent me the 9x7, a flimsy slo-fly prop and totally inadequate for my P-40.

Is there no end to this parts merry-go-round? Even the sources GWS says to contact for the parts don't know about them. So how about it GWS, will you set up a web order service directly to GWS_USA (or somewhere) that DOES know about parts being prodcued and DOES stock them or can quickly get them for us?. Trying to get parts via email exchange is just too inefficient and slow.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Sep 07, 2007, 04:46 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,614 Posts
Control surface throws

Those of you flying the GWS-40, do the control surface ranges (upper and lower angular deflections) given in the manual work out well for high and low rates on your TX?

The deflection measurements (in mm) shown in the manual must be in error... I think the arrow should show the total throw distance from side to side or top to bottom, not from neutral point. Or the throw distance should be halved.
Old Sep 07, 2007, 07:10 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Those of you flying the GWS-40, do the control surface ranges (upper and lower angular deflections) given in the manual work out well for high and low rates on your TX?

The deflection measurements (in mm) shown in the manual must be in error... I think the arrow should show the total throw distance from side to side or top to bottom, not from neutral point. Or the throw distance should be halved.
Tom

It looks like the measurements for the elevator and rudder have been reversed in the manual.

The control throws on my GWS-40 are:-

Control surface....High rate.......Medium rate......Low rate

Aileron...............17 mm...........14 mm.............11 mm

Elevator.............9 mm.............8 mm..............7 mm

Rudder...............29 mm............24 mm............17 mm

These throws are measured each way from the center position, i.e the Elevator moves 7mm up from center and 7 mm down from the center.

Ken

Ken
Old Sep 07, 2007, 07:17 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
I just bought a NPS P-40 from Epyaya.com and specifically requested they send the new 10x6DD 3 blader with it. The written note I got with the kit from George Sechrist (Epyaya.com) says, and I quote, "GWS has not produced the 3 bladed 10x6 prop. The only 3-bladed props we have available are 9x7, 9x5, 8x4". They sent me the 9x7, a flimsy slo-fly prop and totally inadequate for my P-40.
Tom

Send them copies of these photos of GWS 10 x 6 x 3 blade propellers fitted to my GWS-190, my GWS AT-6 and to my GWS-40. I have a total of eight left hand rotation and one right hand rotation GWS 10 x 6 x 3 blade propellers at the moment.

Also refer them to this post in this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=626

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Sep 07, 2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Add ohotos
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:18 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Tom

It looks like the measurements for the elevator and rudder have been reversed in the manual.

The control throws on my GWS-40 are:-

Control surface....High rate.......Medium rate......Low rate

Aileron...............17 mm...........14 mm.............11 mm

Elevator.............9 mm.............8 mm..............7 mm

Rudder...............29 mm............24 mm............17 mm

These throws are measured each way from the center position, i.e the Elevator moves 7mm up from center and 7 mm down from the center.

Ken

Ken
Thanks, Ken. I normally use triple rates as well, so this will be very helpful.
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:25 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
16,614 Posts
Quote:
Tom

Send them copies of these photos of GWS 10 x 6 x 3 blade propellers fitted to my GWS-190, my GWS AT-6 and to my GWS-40. I have a total of eight left hand rotation and one right hand rotation GWS 10 x 6 x 3 blade propellers at the moment.

Also refer them to this post in this thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=626

Ken
I thought it was ironic that one of the sources named by GWS for us to buy parts has never heard of these props, and they even told me when I ordered my NPS P-40 kit that GWS doesn't ship NPS kits to them... they have to break down a full kit (with motor) in order to create the NPS one! I also thought the full powered kit came with a GWS 10x6 3-blade prop, so they would have one to give me. MAybe that was just for the EB kits?

Epyaya.com is one of the key GWS vendors in the US now, and usually has GWS stuff before many of the other web stores.

Is it any wonder GWS sales in the US are not meeting Mr Lin's expectations?
Old Sep 07, 2007, 11:27 PM
hotrod builder
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2007
1,154 Posts
Tom Frank
Epyaya doesn't have any 10 inch 3 bladed props...why? GWS USA has not delivered any yet...(I was there at epyaya today)
I have a real funny feeling that caliberhobby IS GWS USA
Notice how there is no address anywhere on the website...and all they stock is GWS and grand distribution parts?
Something smells funny to me
usmc_VTOL_mech is offline Find More Posts by usmc_VTOL_mech
Old Sep 08, 2007, 12:09 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_VTOL_mech
Tom Frank
Epyaya doesn't have any 10 inch 3 bladed props...why? GWS USA has not delivered any yet...(I was there at epyaya today)
I have a real funny feeling that caliberhobby IS GWS USA
Notice how there is no address anywhere on the website...and all they stock is GWS and grand distribution parts?
Something smells funny to me
To me too.

For the last three years on this forum there have been calls for GWS to sell on line as a service to loyal customers. GWS has always stated that their retailers would not like it so they have not done so.

Now you are saying, without giving any evidence to back your claim, that, GWS has in fact started an online outlet in the USA and you are complaining that GWS has done so.

I buy from many web site that have no indication of where their warehouse is located. I am not interested in where these companies are located, only in their ability to deliver what I want.

Ken.
Old Sep 08, 2007, 12:10 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,295 Posts
caliberhobby IS NOT GWS USA?
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Sep 08, 2007, 12:30 AM
The art of Crashing
Joined Dec 2006
590 Posts
Quote:
To me too.

For the last three years on this forum there have been calls for GWS to sell on line as a service to loyal customers. GWS has always stated that their retailers would not like it so they have not done so.
In a way, their lonely bird program is doing just that. But it's understandable for them to do so, if retailers aren't getting GWS products to the public.

Quote:
Now you are saying, without giving any evidence to back your claim, that, GWS has in fact started an online outlet in the USA and you are complaining that GWS has done so.
He is stating a "hunch", he never stated it as a "fact". You took it out of context.
The Bandit is offline Find More Posts by The Bandit