Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 01, 2007, 08:20 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
Funny thing is, it's correct in my printed manual. I will email Ray about this.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2007, 08:30 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
Just sent an email to Ray about this.

Pat
Old Sep 01, 2007, 08:36 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
OK guys, here's what happened. The manual was supposed to say 50 mm, but the type setter mistook the 5 for a 9, and it was printed as 90 mm. The proof reader fell asleep and missed the error, which got photocopied and put on the GWS web site before the EB's got hold of it. Then the truth came out once the EBs got them... the page with the 90 mm CG location was removed from the manuals until correct ones could be printed, but someone forgot to put a typed errata page in the kits just shipped without the manual page showing the CG. Is all very logical
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Sep 01, 2007, 09:11 PM
hotrod builder
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2007
1,154 Posts
Ok so now I am all bamboozled
What should I set my CG at for????
usmc_VTOL_mech is offline Find More Posts by usmc_VTOL_mech
Old Sep 01, 2007, 10:13 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
OK guys, here's what happened. The manual was supposed to say 50 mm, but the type setter mistook the 5 for a 9, and it was printed as 90 mm. The proof reader fell asleep and missed the error, which got photocopied and put on the GWS web site before the EB's got hold of it. Then the truth came out once the EBs got them... the page with the 90 mm CG location was removed from the manuals until correct ones could be printed, but someone forgot to put a typed errata page in the kits just shipped without the manual page showing the CG. Is all very logical
Wrong Frank.

The Draft Copy that I received, by email, before the manual was printed says 90 mm + or - 5 mm and the printed manual in my Early Bird kit kit says 55 mm + or - 5 mm. So there was and error in the draft that was corrected before the manual was printed. My printed manual was one of the very first ones printed and it contains page 10 showing the correct CG position.

It is obvious that the copy on the web site is the draft manual. I think that you will find that Ray will quickly correct this error on the web site.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Sep 02, 2007, 12:52 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Wrong Frank.

The Draft Copy that I received, by email, before the manual was printed says 90 mm + or - 5 mm and the printed manual in my Early Bird kit kit says 55 mm + or - 5 mm. So there was and error in the draft that was corrected before the manual was printed. My printed manual was one of the very first ones printed and it contains page 10 showing the correct CG position.

It is obvious that the copy on the web site is the draft manual. I think that you will find that Ray will quickly correct this error on the web site.

Ken
Gee SP (or can I call you Ken ), I guess you couldn't tell from all the smilies at the end of my post this was all a fabricated, tongue-in-cheek jab at GWS for 1) not correcting their web site manual in a timely manner, and 2) for sending out a kit(s) with the manual missing the CG page altogether without any other errata page included? This is just sloppy work... deserving of a jab... something that could have and should have been fixed during the EB process if they had paid attention.

It may be obvious to you that the web site manual is incorrect, but what about the person who reported several posts back (who wasn't an EB) who didn't get any info in his kit on the CG whatsoever. The only info available from GWS is what's on their web site.

Maybe that one kit with no CG info was an anomaly... I'll know in a few days when I get mine.
Old Sep 02, 2007, 01:47 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank

It may be obvious to you that the web site manual is incorrect, but what about the person who reported several posts back (who wasn't an EB) who didn't get any info in his kit on the CG whatsoever. The only info available from GWS is what's on their web site.

Maybe that one kit with no CG info was an anomaly... I'll know in a few days when I get mine.
Tom

I received the fifth kit that was delivered outside Taiwan and it was one of the first batch of kits. My kit manual contained Page 10 with the correct CG information, so the only way anyone in the Western World would not have got the correct CG information is if the kit he purchased did not have a manual. It is quite possible that because the the information was not printed in large bold red print that that person did not see the information. GWS should note this for future manuals

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Sep 02, 2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2007, 02:02 AM
Sky shepherd
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
but the EB manuals are correct right?
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Old Sep 02, 2007, 02:27 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Tom

My kit manual contained Page 10 with the correct CG information, so the only way anyone in the Western World would not have got the correct CG information is if the kit he purchased did not have a manual. It is quite possible that because the the information was not printed in large bold red print that that person did not see the information. GWS should note this for future manuals

Ken
Ken, did you miss post #536 where usmc_VTOL_mech said his kit came with a manual, but it was missing page 10... entirely possible (anywhere in the world), no?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that! Let's hope that was a one-off error, and the rest of the kits are complete, like yours
Old Sep 02, 2007, 06:38 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH-1H
but the EB manuals are correct right?
My formula gives an answer of 57 mm from the LE on the MAC. When this position is transfered to the center chord then the measurement is 67 mm from the LE. So 50-60 mm from the LE at the center is a nice conservative range of CG positions.

I have flown my GWS-40 with CG positions at both 55 mm from the LE and 60 mm from the LE.

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Sep 02, 2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2007, 12:00 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,109 Posts
I'm flying with a CG forward of 50mm.

Pat
Old Sep 02, 2007, 12:12 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,343 Posts
Mine is being flown at about 50mm also!
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Sep 02, 2007, 11:37 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,662 Posts
Hi Friends,

Thank you for your remindings and words.

The regular batch P-40's come with correct manual, while some
manuals might have not been with complete pages. And we're
trying to correct the online manual as soon as possible.

Thank you all again.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Sep 03, 2007, 12:48 AM
hotrod builder
Joined Jun 2007
1,154 Posts
Ok for those that missed it ...here is my maiden report
IT FLIES BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROG off a dirt strip and rised gracefully into the air
Very quick with the e-flite 480
Verticle is awesome!
Not unlimited but it just keeps going up and up with an 11x7 prop
Inverted flight is great....just a tad of down to keep her level..(I like my planes a bit nose heavy)
Loops...about 70 foot round powering all the way thru
Landing is very very nice and easy...though not as "floaty" as the FW-190
or the t-6
it flies with lots of authority...point it somewhere and that is where it goes
Winds today were about 25 MPH and HOT...108 Degrees
Cg set at 50 MM with a slight of nosedown attitude when balanced inverted
One complaint.....5 minutes out in the sun on the runway turned my canopy and motor cowling into butter...one side of the canopy started curling in and the top of the motor cowling is all deformed
I am usually very very careful about the sun but this was ridiculous
8 to 8 1/2 minute flights....will be longer without fighting the wind
Great aircraft GWS!
I will be purchasing another soon
Old Sep 03, 2007, 12:53 AM
hotrod builder
Joined Jun 2007
1,154 Posts
Oh and KenSP.....

Quote:
so the only way anyone in the Western World would not have got the correct CG information is if the kit he purchased did not have a manual. It is quite possible that because the the information was not printed in large bold red print that that person did not see the information.
My kit has a manual and NO WHERE in it is cg locations OR control throw settings
So....I got one WITH a manual and not the required page in it for cg or control throws...my manual goes directly from page 8 to page 11...on both sides of the manual...the english side and the asian side...the entire manual was stapled together without that complete page
Cory