Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:07 PM
NW Victoria Australia
Joined Sep 2003
482 Posts
My Box of bits arrived this morning in a partly opened state with the end of the inside box badly crushed, fortunately there is enough space in the box that nothing got damaged.

Dissapointed though, no P38 props or cowls as requested, email to May coming up !
Bthree is offline Find More Posts by Bthree
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:11 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
I don't see how thats going to work with my collet adapter Ken.

The shaft diameter of the adapter is well larger then that black rubber spinners insert.

Also with 450+W I think I need something a little more secure.

Tommy D
Tommy

These photos show the solution I used on the 8 mm shaft on the adaptor for my Formosa II.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:35 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,693 Posts
I like that they put the spring-twist in the main gear. Is this the first GWS kit with that? Too bad they didn't do that on my T-6. Is it in the tailwheel?...it's probably even more useful there (can't quite tell from those photos).
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini-warbird retract mod
Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:52 PM
Joined Aug 2006
1,551 Posts
The 190 has the spring.
Fokker Ace is offline Find More Posts by Fokker Ace
Old Jul 15, 2007, 08:18 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,343 Posts
painting

Hey I just airbrushed the base coat of green of now she is looking nice.
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jul 15, 2007, 09:38 PM
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Jul 2007
1 Posts
P-40n Warhawk

The pink plane made in 1944 three and a half months before Curtis stopped production. They were produced for the "Fly Girls" that flew in WWII. Its a Curtis P-40N Warhawk. Its one of my personal favs because its different.
FlyGirl#1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyGirl#1
Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:20 PM
Sky shepherd
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGirl#1
The pink plane made in 1944 three and a half months before Curtis stopped production. They were produced for the "Fly Girls" that flew in WWII. Its a Curtis P-40N Warhawk. Its one of my personal favs because its different.

This one?
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Old Jul 15, 2007, 10:29 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Pink one may be good to put on a Kitty Cat!

Lady will love that.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:38 AM
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
There you go!

I must admit to being tempted. But only for the novelty, not 'cos I like pink
This aircraft is owned by a Ms Parish in the US. Potted history below:

"... the existence of the plane came to the attention of Susan Delano Parish. Ms. Parish had flown AT-6 Texans as part of the Women’s Airforce Service Pilots during World War II...A second seat was installed behind the pilot, and Ms. Parish learned how to fly the aircraft from that position. She then flew the aircraft to Kalamazoo.

In 1977, the Warhawk was painted in its now-famous Libyan desert pink paint scheme. When she and her husband Pete Parish established the Kalamazoo Aviation History Museum in 1977, the Warhawk became one of the original aircraft in the collection. The aircraft was retired in 1993 and now hangs in the Atrium of the Air Zoo." Photos by Rob Dermo
Cheers

Ratty
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:43 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar Rat
There you go!

I must admit to being tempted. But only for the novelty, not 'cos I like pink
This aircraft is owned by a Ms Parish in the US. Potted history below:

"... the existence of the plane came to the attention of Susan Delano Parish. Ms. Parish had flown AT-6 Texans as part of the Women’s Airforce Service Pilots during World War II...A second seat was installed behind the pilot, and Ms. Parish learned how to fly the aircraft from that position. She then flew the aircraft to Kalamazoo.

In 1977, the Warhawk was painted in its now-famous Libyan desert pink paint scheme. When she and her husband Pete Parish established the Kalamazoo Aviation History Museum in 1977, the Warhawk became one of the original aircraft in the collection. The aircraft was retired in 1993 and now hangs in the Atrium of the Air Zoo." Photos by Rob Dermo
Cheers

Ratty
Hey Ratty, check your EMS number, mine moved in a single swoop from the sorting centre in China to Customs at the Parcelforce Hub in Coventry at 11.23 last night, and was out again two minutes later. Just long enough to write the duty ticket - not - I hope!!

Update: Its got to my regional depot and is on the van for delivery - great - just as work drags me away for four days! Be Friday earliest before I can start build.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Last edited by Roger Lombard; Jul 16, 2007 at 01:11 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:45 AM
Joined Jul 2002
6,343 Posts
more pictures

Here are some more pictures I love the basic Army version with the bight read spinner.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tallflyer; Jul 16, 2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:51 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,120 Posts
Robert,

Those are some nice painting skills you got there. She's a beaut so far. Now, just get rid of that ORANGE PROP!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 16, 2007, 01:45 AM
UK - in the middle somewhere
Joined May 2002
466 Posts
Thanks Roger,
Parcel Force says "Out for Delivery 0706" So, it is probably trundling its way past the River Avon as i type this - and, unusually, I am HOME! Good luck for the week chum!

Cheers

Ratty
Hangar Rat is offline Find More Posts by Hangar Rat
Old Jul 16, 2007, 01:50 AM
Joined Jul 2002
6,343 Posts
pictures

Decals make her look so amazing!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:18 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar Rat
Thanks Roger,
Parcel Force says "Out for Delivery 0706" So, it is probably trundling its way past the River Avon as i type this - and, unusually, I am HOME! Good luck for the week chum!

Cheers

Ratty
Mine hit the landing strip half an hour ago. Two bits of good news - parcel probably about as travel weary as I've seen but no damage to contents, and no bad news from customs either!!

Had everything out to check for damage and you just look at it all and say this is a LOT of stuff for the money. It probably looks even more spectacular value to us in the UK because of the current £/$ exchange rate. I was even led into asking my wife what she thought I might have paid for the pile (now how dangerous is that ? ) but more good news still - I was able to reassure her it was well less than half what she guessed (OK we skated lightly over the matter of shipping costs!! )

BTW Robert you're right - it looks great with the decals in place and I must say I like the scheme. May not be as complex as some but orientation shouldn't be an issue. Well done.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard