HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:37 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Hey guys, new to the thread and am slowly making my way through it. Just curious about the new supposedly EPO P40, looking at the foam it sure doesn't look like EPO but more like EPS. I've got plenty of EPO planes and even put it next to my EPO Dauntless and the foam definitely doesn't look/feel like EPO
Got the kit part# GWAEO028B from gwsprops.com, wouldn't mind hearing others thoughts....

cheers,
John
My EPO GWS-40 is definitely made from EPO foam because I can glue it with normal Super Glue. Normal Super Glue will dissolve EPS.

When I compare GWS EPO with Multipex Elapor Ii find that there is a big difference in the feel of the foam and the GWS EPO foam seems to have a better surface finish

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Dec 17, 2010 at 04:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:48 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Ken did you get just the plain white kit? did it come with any decals etc?
jbc is offline Find More Posts by jbc
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:01 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Ken did you get just the plain white kit? did it come with any decals etc?
My Kit was a plain white NPS (No Power System) kit and came with everything but Motor. ESC and Radio. This included Decals, Motor Mount and Undercarriage.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Dec 17, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
Sounds like exactly what I got except mine was painted but is EPS not EPO which was neglected to be put on the website, I guess lesson learned here is one must not 'assume'
Old Dec 17, 2010, 06:25 PM
Mission Viejo, CA
Joined Dec 2004
188 Posts
The 10 - 15 Size Main Electric Retracts by E-flite really add to the fun and enjoyment of the GWS P-40. I have taken some videos of the combination and have posted one of them here:
121310 P 40b (8 min 3 sec)

I took the video with my $12 camera which is attached to the bill of my hat.
Pete2 is offline Find More Posts by Pete2
Last edited by Pete2; Dec 17, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 02:07 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,890 Posts
Pilot Pics

I have had my Warhawk since 2008, and recently installed a pilot. Going for a "Walking dead squadron' motiv' with my war birds. These little fellas are prefect size, and I got them right after Halloween on sale for like a dollar a pack. There were only 2 packs left and I got them both. Can be found online though. Already sourced them on Ebay in case I run out.

I just cut their legs and arms off and glued them back on the way I needed them. Might reposition fingers so that he grabs the controls at some point.

Keep'm Flyin

Cub
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:16 PM
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Sep 2006
16 Posts
Replacement Canopy

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement canopy for the 40. I emailed caliberhobby as they seem to be the only one who stocks it, but they don't have any available. Thanks
intimidator_md is offline Find More Posts by intimidator_md
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:31 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
these guys might have one http://www.gwsprops.com/
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:54 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
JBC since you are I assume a good flier, you really don't need EPO. The EPS version is much lighter and a great flier. Mine's @ two years old and still going strong. getting ready to put some of those change sun rotaters in it.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Feb 01, 2011, 06:58 PM
jbc
WHO's your DADDY!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2009
5,488 Posts
LOL thanks for the vote of confidence however much I try not crash my planes, accidents do happen. I have the EPS version even though I wanted the EPO, but I'm not overly fussed, probably more annoyed as where I got it from, the site wasn't very clear as to which type of foam it was. My own fault really, I could've simply emailed before purchasing but like many....I rushed
I'm a glass half full guy and I look at it as well....atleast I don't have to paint it lol here I am pro EPO models and I actually have more EPS, go figure
Old Feb 01, 2011, 09:40 PM
2 Cor 5.21
Tennessee
Joined Jul 2009
775 Posts
John, mine's an EPO and the running joke around the home-drome is that it's a cinder block with wings.

Significantly heavier than GIUsedtoBe's P-40, and subsequently poorer performance. His definitely has better performance out of the same power/prop setup.

I recommend the EPS.

Jeff
JMAH is offline Find More Posts by JMAH
Old Feb 01, 2011, 10:07 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAH View Post
John, mine's an EPO and the running joke around the home-drome is that it's a cinder block with wings.

Significantly heavier than GIUsedtoBe's P-40, and subsequently poorer performance. His definitely has better performance out of the same power/prop setup.

I recommend the EPS.

Jeff
Yeah but you forgot to mention that yours is far superior in that all important category; bouncing capabilities!
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Feb 01, 2011, 10:31 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,202 Posts
Does anyone in the US need a replacement cowling/canopy/spinners/decal set for their P-40. I ordered the package a while back, but will never use it. Will let it go for cheap if anyone can use it.

They used to sell the package on Caliber for like $25, but they have broken it up now. I could do $15 shipped for the lot.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Feb 02, 2011, 03:57 PM
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Sep 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone in the US need a replacement cowling/canopy/spinners/decal set for their P-40. I ordered the package a while back, but will never use it. Will let it go for cheap if anyone can use it.

They used to sell the package on Caliber for like $25, but they have broken it up now. I could do $15 shipped for the lot.

Pat
YES I DO!!!!!! I will take them!
intimidator_md is offline Find More Posts by intimidator_md
Old Feb 02, 2011, 04:02 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator_md View Post
YES I DO!!!!!! I will take them!
You have a PM.