HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 06:33 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
No Scanner and no luck via Fax number 011 886 02 8692 6843

Called GWS in the USA and the Gal on the phone said she had never heard of the early bird program.

Perhaps a simple Web page designed for early Bird Customers would make ordering easier?

Tommy D <I hate numbers!>
May sent my invoice and Credit Card Authorization as Microsoft Word documents so it was easy, using Microsoft Word, to fill in the relevant details. I have a scanned signature in my data base, in the jpeg format, and so I simply inserted it into the authorization document as a jpeg picture. I then saved the modified document and attached the word file to my email.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Jun 28, 2007 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add text to clarify meaning
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2007, 06:50 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,066 Posts
Mine was a PDF file I do believe. No Sig on file anyways.

Figured faxing it would be easiest.... guess not!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Jun 28, 2007, 07:10 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
With the tech today, and how difficult country codes and area codes have become... I don't know how fax machines are still alive. I've emailed all my EB's in, smooth as butter. Although I don't keep scanned sigs on my HD's, I'm one of those secure info types I guess. I save my past CC docs to a thumbdrive or Zip disk and put it in the safe so that it's never always connected to an active computer.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Jun 28, 2007, 07:40 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
No Scanner and no luck via Fax number 011 886 02 8692 6843

Called GWS in the USA and the Gal on the phone said she had never heard of the early bird program.

Perhaps a simple Web page designed for early Bird Customers would make ordering easier?

Tommy D <I hate numbers!>
Should be +886 2 8692 6843, or +886 2 8692 6394.

Ray are in China factory now for training new sales staffs. FAX in China: +86 769 87639555.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:19 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze.45
Although I don't keep scanned sigs on my HD's, I'm one of those secure info types I guess. I save my past CC docs to a thumbdrive or Zip disk and put it in the safe so that it's never always connected to an active computer.

-Chris
I am thinking of doing exactly the same thing because USB drives are so cheap nowdays.

Ken
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:24 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
I am thinking of doing exactly the same thing because USB drives are so cheap nowdays.

Ken
That they are my friend. That they are. A simple 128MB one can hold a ton of JPG's and word docs also. One innovation I am definitely thankful for.

On another note...

You know, these EB's are adding up to a pretty expensive bill... but then again, there is a severe shortage of GWS models around the world. It seems like production has stopped on everything but EB's...

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:46 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Blaze

Because EMS postage from Taiwan for kits is the same price as surface mail postage within Australia I do not have to pay extra for the Early Bird kits. The other advantage is that my LHS just got the GWS-38 into stock and I have been flying mine for more than seven months.The Me 262, 190 and AT-6 are on the far distant horizen as far as hobby shops in Darwin are concerned.

Ken
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:12 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,638 Posts
Got my invoice from May. I was happy to see that they are able to stuff 4 of the 9050X3 props in my box as well!

These are in addition to the 1060X3 that will come with the P-40, and the 2 props for my P-38.

Happy camper!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:37 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Hi Friends,

I've just been told that the EB kits will be shipped from China this time, while the postage has been counted at the basis of shipping from Taiwan. We don't charge you for the difference, the cost of EMS in China is much expensive than what in Taiwan. We just want to ship these EB kits earlier.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:39 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,638 Posts
Chen,

Thank you, and thanks to all of the GWS staffs, for your dedication to this great hobby, and for listening to us modelers and giving us what we want!

May you continue to enjoy success as the leading producer of electric model kits!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jun 29, 2007, 12:11 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
Thank you Pat.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Jun 29, 2007, 05:02 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Because EMS postage from Taiwan for kits is the same price as surface mail postage within Australia I do not have to pay extra for the Early Bird kits.
Ken
This is not true, I have stated before and I will continue to do so, I can send a 2kg GWS kit to Darwin for AUD$20.00 which is around 15USD.

The reason Australian shops do not bother stocking the kits is because of people ordering them from overseas in order to save a couple of bucks.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 29, 2007, 05:29 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
This is not true, I have stated before and I will continue to do so, I can send a 2kg GWS kit to Darwin for AUD$20.00 which is around 15USD.

The reason Australian shops do not bother stocking the kits is because of people ordering them from overseas in order to save a couple of bucks.
20% less is not just a "couple of bucks". At the begining of this year a GWS Early Bird Me 262 plus EMS postage to Australia was the same price as your web sites price without postage added.

There is the added disadvantage that your kit with AUD $20 postage will tke 7 to 10 days to arrive here in Darwin whereas a kit posted by EMS from Taiwan, China or Japan takes 4 to 5 days.

Edit:- Here are the screen shots for a quote from the Australia Post web site. This quote is for a GWS-190 sized box, weighing 2 KG, to be posted from Extreme's post code to my post code here in Darwin. This quote is considerably in excess of AUD$20. It is not unknown here for persons recieving parcels, on which insuficient postage was paid, to be charged the difference between the incorect postage and the correct postage. So although Extreme pays AUD$20 for the postage, I could have to pay an excess postage fee of AUD$29.70 before the parcel will be delivered.

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Jun 29, 2007 at 06:56 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 07:12 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,726 Posts
aaaHAHAHAHA mate what a joke, NOONE not in the 17 years I have been in business, has EVER paid excess postage on ANY package I have sent, nor have I ever heard anyone complain that it has happened to them.

I have sent packages to Darwin just recently and they take 4 days on average, sometimes 5. Thats across the country, not the next state.

My 262 flew first time out of the box as did all the ones that I sent out, not to mention the ones built following the build threads that I and many others posted. We all know who's didnt

I am a defender of Australia and its business people, you are not. I will gladly pay 20% extra on an item worth only $70.00 if it means I both support, and get support from a fellow Aussie. I know and appreciate what the seller has gone through to be able to offer me the product. I am sure the Americans in here all appreciate loyalty to their own economy.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Jun 29, 2007, 07:16 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Dear EB members,

GWS-40 will ship out from GWS China this time. Extra cost of the shipping will be cover by my boss. Once I have a specific date. I will post here to let you know also.

Ray
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS