HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:03 PM
It flew...nearly!
Norway
Joined Apr 2006
1,941 Posts
Help!
Is there a help group for rc addicts out there?

I was cruising my favourite webshop looking to buy another EZ*. Suddenly I had bought an EZ*. AND a Multiplex Cularis with 2.6 meter wingspan!
I swear I had no idea how, it just seemed to jump into my basket and before I realised what had happened I had bought both models. Now they are on their way to me from Denmark and there is no way I can stop it happening.

Granted, I had been thinking about buying a Cularis, and it has featured in a couple of dreams with a nikon 7900 in a camera pod on it, taking pictures from unbelievably high altitudes. But I am certain there is no way I had decided to buy it, scouts honour!

I now have a major problem; MissDuck! has stated categorically that we do not have space for any more models. If I bought one single more model I would be sleeping outdoors from now on as my models would be stored in my bed. As mentioned,the Cularis has a wing span of 2.6 meters (thankfully the wings can be unjoined)! I don't know the first thing about sailplanes. Butterfly, crow landing, 4 servos in the wings alone I have enough problems with three servo total models. Why, oh why did I buy it??

So, how do I hide the fact from MissDuck! that two models will be arriving shortly and need the space she has reserved for her oversized jam jars which do a brilliant job of catching dust, and a zillion pillows which no-one uses but must be kept in storage at all costs? If a solution isn't forthcoming I will be homeless and sleeping under the wing of my Cularis...

And where can I get help so I can stop buying all these models willy nilly

I am placing my trust in you, my fellow forumers to help me out of the predicament I have innocently fallen into with some creative input.
When I think about it, you all owe me this, for it is your enthusiasm and skill that have landed me in this sorry state of addiction!

Cheers, only half-jokingly
matthew
Duck! is offline Find More Posts by Duck!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2005
583 Posts
Help for OBMD (Obsessive Compulsive Model Disorder)

There is no help my friend, only symphathy.
Zaviation is offline Find More Posts by Zaviation
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:22 PM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,836 Posts
Good Choice Matthew!

I just checked the Cularis out, and reckon you are on a winner! If you have half the fun I have had with my 2.5m ARTF electric sailplane (7th year of flying this season) you will have got your money's worth. I now hardly ever fly the Impulse without the camera on board.

Tell Miss Duck it will pay for itself within the year in AP commissions

But seriously, fix up a stout transport box and she will last you ages. (The glider that is! )

Make sure you have space between the folded prop tips and the leading edge to carry your camera side mounted, but point the lens forward enough to keep the wingtip out of view.

You could always say we made you buy it!

Cheers

Andrew
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:24 PM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
you could buy/build a shed?
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:25 PM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Find another Miss Duck...

...or better yet. No Miss Duck, no storage problems.
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:32 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,396 Posts
Your local hobby shop can help!!!!!!!!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined Jun 2007
60 Posts
Do what some members in my club do. Just crash a few to make room for a few more.
Mr. Gee Bee is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Gee Bee
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:00 PM
Melb. Australia
Joined Jul 2006
212 Posts
matthew

see post 127 on this page thenr read on

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...is#post7471696

cheers

andrew
jimmy sparks is offline Find More Posts by jimmy sparks
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:06 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
yea man I don't know either, I woke up this morning and this was on my table.
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Don't ask me! Still have 3 planes in the box and just ordered another and still have 7 planes I haven't even maidened yet! And at my age I shouldn't even be buying green bananas!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:16 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,441 Posts
Mathew, well what can I say, you could always send the Cularis to me to look after (and fly), hereís my E-Mail address: Cularisforgray@givitus.co.uk

Good luck with MissDuck and when it arrives donít forget to D U C K!!!!! Incoming Jam jars. Now is the time to use those pillows to good effect.

Your old friend (old being the operative word)

Gray.
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:30 PM
Back in black............
dodd city tx
Joined Sep 2005
2,059 Posts
just do what i always do. it goes alittle like this.

Honey I kow how you are always looking for something we can do together. well I bought you this plane and I will teach you to fly so we can go out and have fun flying together. This one is a trainer style plane so I bought it with you in mind . yada yada yada see I just love it when you are around and I was hoping we could spend more time together.

Mike
cars4fun2001 is offline Find More Posts by cars4fun2001
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:36 PM
hg1
San Luis Obispo, California
Joined May 2007
312 Posts
I know this song ... I used to be active on a guitar forum where guys were always trying to finesse $3000+ custom instruments without their wives noticing. The trick was to make certain that the total number of guitar cases never changed, so you would sell an old guitar and bring in the new guitar, and the difference might never be noted. Even if she noticed that something was different, you would just say that you've had that guitar for a while. Only problem is if the wife gets to know the UPS driver, she will catch on before long.
hg1 is offline Find More Posts by hg1
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:37 PM
Frequent Flyer
Kalamazoo, MI USA
Joined Aug 2003
2,892 Posts
Looks like you will be needing one of these!

Best of luck to you!
wattsup_kz is offline Find More Posts by wattsup_kz
Old Jun 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Yeah I used to have an extensive gun collection including several (legal) submachine guns and the wife could never figure how those suckers kept producing new guns when they were locked up in the safe in the garage! "Of course not honey I've had that gun for several years!"
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace