HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:49 AM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
Discussion
witch summer flyer ?

Last summer I bought a little plane from Raidentch for $35, and it was great!! I don't have it anymore, but I want to get another little plane just to play around with. What are your suggestions??? I don't want anymore airhogs planes, but just those cheap fun planes form Raidentch, and Hobbytron.
This is what i got- stunt piplane (2ch)

What inexpensive planes have you guys gotten?
flyin C is offline Find More Posts by flyin C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:51 AM
Joined Jun 2007
22 Posts
I know im not really helping here but did it do stunts?
brutenight22 is offline Find More Posts by brutenight22
Old Jun 19, 2007, 11:11 AM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
well, the picooz is great for those wayyy to hot days, and the sl is great at the beach and field, the aa bipe is perfect for my front yard, the radioshack starscream is like an aa but faster and looks cooler. So its up to you just please oh please stay away from the mini sl
mike
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Jun 19, 2007, 11:47 AM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutenight22
I know im not really helping here but did it do stunts?
Some what, if you let off the throttle, and hold the stick right, one prop spins and the plane enters a spiral dive, it looks cool. You give it throttle and it levels out perfectly. Its a great plane, and one that I wouldn't mind getting again.

I have a picco Z, its great fun until the main rotor blade broke on me
Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
Joined Jan 2007
88 Posts
it states charging time is 120 mins !! what is the run time ?
vinisterz is offline Find More Posts by vinisterz
Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:11 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
4-5 min. Its a great little plane. you don't have to worry about the battery, so I charge it the night before, so it ready to fly whenever I have time.

The bad thing though, is it has 2 throttle settings, on to give it level flight, and the other to gain altitude.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:50 PM
Dave (Sonic)
NJ
Joined Aug 2006
903 Posts
120 minutes of charging for a 5 minute flight!??!

That's got to be something other than a lipo setup...

The airhog planes fly fairly good...well, some of them but they all eat batteries.
also I don't like the mini storm launcher...but never tried the pricey big brother version.

as for suggestions
Picco Z chopper
Aero Ace jet
Aero Ace bipe

I wouldn't waste my money on the linked plane but that's just me and because of the charge time...
Storm Launchers I feel are a waste of money as the mini just has the hardest time getting off the ground.
moody07747 is offline Find More Posts by moody07747
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyKing FPV250 Speed Runs
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
Joined Jun 2005
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin C
Last summer I bought a little plane from Raidentch for $35, and it was great!! I don't have it anymore, but I want to get another little plane just to play around with. What are your suggestions??? I don't want anymore airhogs planes, but just those cheap fun planes form Raidentch, and Hobbytron.
This is what i got- stunt piplane (2ch)

What inexpensive planes have you guys gotten?
Why don't you want any Air Hog stuff. The AeroAces are great. Plus they have Lipo's. Which means 10+min of airtime on a 20-30min charge. Others have said the new megatech Avion is pretty good. I think i read it can be had at a lhs for $60. But it's infrared, so it'll limit outdoor flying.
churchrd is offline Find More Posts by churchrd
Old Jun 19, 2007, 07:14 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchrd
Why don't you want any Air Hog stuff. The AeroAces are great. Plus they have Lipo's. Which means 10+min of airtime on a 20-30min charge. Others have said the new megatech Avion is pretty good. I think i read it can be had at a lhs for $60. But it's infrared, so it'll limit outdoor flying.

I do have an AA, and this havoc heli, but I want something that looks different and don't want Aithogs stuff, I was amazed with the performance of my Stunt Biplane for being a cheap plane, I could fly it at the beach, and over my house. It has a little LED light on the bottom that I used for flying at night a few times. If I don't get any other suggestions, then I would be happy to get the stunt biplane again. I might be wrong on the runtime, as I flew it only last summer-but I like being able to charge my battery's with an outlet and charger, not my radio.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 04:01 AM
WA
Joined Jun 2007
236 Posts
starscream

Radioshack starscream - looks different than the AA. Turns without throttle so you can spiral dive it like yr stunt plane. Very fast and handles wind well.
hueyhog is offline Find More Posts by hueyhog
Old Jun 20, 2007, 08:40 PM
Joined Jun 2007
259 Posts
second that! my only plane, so i might be biased...its fast though, only use if ya got the space to fly!
Chimerus is offline Find More Posts by Chimerus
Old Jun 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
Strongsville, OH
Joined May 2007
2,415 Posts
hey flyin C,

i dont really know how to help you because i never recieved my good products from raidentech, i ordered 5 times and got 2 of my products, one i kept, it broke before i enjoed it, the second was defected so i send it back, never got it back. how was it for you? did you have throuble, all i wanna do is build some large scale rc bombers and bomb that place . Mars Explorer and the Top Flying EPP Foam Radio Remote Control R/C Airplane Crash Proof seem good, idk.
ihor14448 is offline Find More Posts by ihor14448
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:12 PM
Dam,I done spilt my drink
Peoria Il
Joined Jun 2007
1,288 Posts
Whats wrong with msl? just takes a little getting used too. I can fly mine in circles around an AA. Big SL was an underpowered fragile piece of crud. MXPV isnt bad either. there again full sized one I hated.
spektrumdss is offline Find More Posts by spektrumdss
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:10 PM
Strongsville, OH
Joined May 2007
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektrumdss
Whats wrong with msl? just takes a little getting used too. I can fly mine in circles around an AA. Big SL was an underpowered fragile piece of crud. MXPV isnt bad either. there again full sized one I hated.
why is the original SL underpowered, i just ordered one and i dont want that happening
ihor14448 is offline Find More Posts by ihor14448
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:11 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
I returned my SM after the second flight, always dipped to the left, and not much control at all.