HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:38 AM
slow but inefficient
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
Hi Flyparty -

Thanks for the offer. I can manage just fine; I have lot's of 1/8" plywood. I'm trying to figure out how to mount my motor (HiMax HC2812-0850) which is front or stick mounted and has no provision for mounting against a firewall. Anyone have any ideas?
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:42 AM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhoo
Movie

Mine black eagle flew!
2S700 on 400xt spinning 11x5 folder. Hot glue construction. Bone stock.
Well done that Flyer .....

I like that video ..... give us more .....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:06 AM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,272 Posts
I bought my eagle last year from eflypower. Not sure if its a knock off. It did have the plastic motor mount. I had my eye on thier epp Pitts but since this story has surfaced I'll take my business elsewhere. I did have to replace the plastic mount after about 5 flights. Found numerous cracks accounting for a severe right yaw problem.

Flyparty, its your design and you deserve credit for a great plane. Do you have anything else on the drawing board?
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:07 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Williams
Hi Flyparty -

Thanks for the offer. I can manage just fine; I have lot's of 1/8" plywood. I'm trying to figure out how to mount my motor (HiMax HC2812-0850) which is front or stick mounted and has no provision for mounting against a firewall. Anyone have any ideas?
Hi Ron,

You should be able to backplate mount the HiMax motor. You should have recieved an "X" mount with the motor in their accessory package. You just need to reverse the shaft.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:16 PM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
G'day,

While not an EEP Eagle question directly, I'll ask here due to so many Eagle flight videos.
My wife used her camera's video function to film my Eagle flight but, due only having an LCD screen instead of a "look thru" view finder she had a most difficult time being able to see if the Eagle was in the view screen or not. ( it was there about half the time).
Looking at video recorders, I've noticed there are not too many with view finders. LCD view screens seem to be the future.

So, what do you guys use to get such great videos of your Eagle?

Cheers

bob
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:38 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorSpan
G'day,

While not an EEP Eagle question directly, I'll ask here due to so many Eagle flight videos.
My wife used her camera's video function to film my Eagle flight but, due only having an LCD screen instead of a "look thru" view finder she had a most difficult time being able to see if the Eagle was in the view screen or not. ( it was there about half the time).
Looking at video recorders, I've noticed there are not too many with view finders. LCD view screens seem to be the future.

So, what do you guys use to get such great videos of your Eagle?

Cheers

bob
How about this ......

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4654/dsc00001js4.jpg

and here's a video I made with it (not my Eagle yet but one day soon) ....

Easy Star Slow Flying 11th Jan 2008 (full version) (8 min 27 sec)

edit - spelling
Last edited by hobie14; Mar 14, 2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 05:51 PM
slow but inefficient
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Hi Ron,

You should be able to backplate mount the HiMax motor. You should have recieved an "X" mount with the motor in their accessory package. You just need to reverse the shaft.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Hi Azarr -

I stared at the motor for a while and realized just what you recommended. Set up the drill press to push the shaft through and I'm all set.

Missed you at the WRAMs show although you didn't miss anything - it was a bust on Friday with more exhibitors than visitors. I hope it was better on Saturday. Dave Thacker looked bored.

Thanks for the response.

Ron
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:45 PM
Fly by grace
Canada
Joined Aug 2004
899 Posts
Quote:
... due only having an LCD screen instead of a "look thru" view finder she had a most difficult time being able to see if the Eagle was in the view screen or not. bob
Bob, you can use some paper card to form a shroud to shade the LCD screen from sunlight.

I took my video by simply taping my digi cam to the back of my TX. While I fly, I simply points the TX to the plane and that's it.

Ronald
rkhoo is offline Find More Posts by rkhoo
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:11 PM
TAIWAN
Joined Dec 2003
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead
I bought my eagle last year from eflypower. Not sure if its a knock off. It did have the plastic motor mount. I had my eye on thier epp Pitts but since this story has surfaced I'll take my business elsewhere. I did have to replace the plastic mount after about 5 flights. Found numerous cracks accounting for a severe right yaw problem.

Flyparty, its your design and you deserve credit for a great plane. Do you have anything else on the drawing board?
Besides the EPP Eagle, the EPP Pitts is also my design .I used to manufacture the EPP Pitts also, but due to the complexity of the design and I am working on my thesis for my Masters Degree, I just could not find the time to do it anymore. I plan to resume the production of the EPP Pitts when I have more free time.
Other than the Pitts, I am also designing this Fly-X, which is still at the testing phase.

rkhoo,
It is a wonderful video. I wish I could fly the aircraft in the snow, but I have never seen snow before... Taiwan is too warm!!!

here is the link to my Fly-X video
Fly X (1 min 21 sec)
FLYPARTY is offline Find More Posts by FLYPARTY
Last edited by FLYPARTY; Feb 25, 2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:35 PM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
2,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhoo
Bob, you can use some paper card to form a shroud to shade the LCD screen from sunlight.

I took my video by simply taping my digi cam to the back of my TX. While I fly, I simply points the TX to the plane and that's it.

Ronald
Thats a good idea. Without a view finder all you can do is make the best use of the LCD screen. Off course, also take lots of footage so you can edit out the rough stuff. I have found using a view finder much easier as the camera can sort of form part of your body and you can track fast moving objects more accurately.

KiwiKid
KiwiKid is online now Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ModelAero Polaris Ultra
Old Feb 25, 2008, 06:33 AM
It Wasn't Me!!!!
Joined Feb 2005
821 Posts
Maiden Flight

I had ordered and recieved my EPP Eagle and was assembeling it last week while reading through this thread. I was so busy trying to get it ready for the maiden this weekend that I did not join in until now.
The assembly was straight forward and fast using HUH Por adhesive, followed by some hot glue at mostly all of the seams.
I used a spectrum AR6100 rcvr, 2 HS55 servos, GWS 15A ESC, GWS M003 outunner, GWS 0950HD prop, and Apex 1350 3S Lipo.
AUW is 18.1 oz, but that will change as soon as I start adding the paint.
The control surfaces were set to neutral and after advancing the throttle to 50% a slight toss and my bird flew straight out of my hand. She gently climbed for a few moments and I advanced the throttle slowly to 100% at which time she took a nose up attitude and rapidly climbed skyward.
This setup has enough power to ascend verticaly and hover.
I flew her around for several minutes doing many manuvers to get the feel for the bird, then I settled into a chair and flew around at 200' agl with 45% throttle. I brought her back down to the deck and did some slow figure eights and buzzed some club members in their cars as they were driving in to the field.
She is a slow and gentle flyer and it was quite relaxing to just keep her floating around for 30 minutes. A second flight proved just as enjoyable for an additional 30 minutes. The batteties were barely warm and there was a 5-10 mph wind which had little effect on the bird. At one point at alltitude I reduced throttle to 0 and she continued to climb for several minutes.
Once painted this will be the ultimate servailance platform for my downlinked video camera.
I have attached some photos for your viewing enjoyment.
Thanks Flyparty for the wonderful design.
C-YA RL
InspectorGadget is offline Find More Posts by InspectorGadget
Last edited by InspectorGadget; Feb 25, 2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:53 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
G'day,

Thx for the camera/video suggestions. I thought of the makeshift hood for the LCD and if it were my camera I would have already done that, but my wife is just not into gadgets.

Hobie14,

That's a novel solution and seems to work well excepted for zooming in and out. Seeing your flying site brought back memories of living and flying in England; good time those were.

Cheers

Bob
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
Old Feb 25, 2008, 01:24 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
G'day,

Thx for the camera/video suggestions. I thought of the makeshift hood for the LCD and if it were my camera I would have already done that, but my wife is just not into gadgets.

Hobie14,

That's a novel solution and seems to work well excepted for zooming in and out. Seeing your flying site brought back memories of living and flying in England; good time those were.

Cheers

Bob
Yes ..... zooming would be a significant challenge ....

The safety helmet cost me 5 Euro's ...... a bit of foam and a plastic bolt and away I go .......

I have to confess it's been a long time since I was in the U.K. ..... 12 years I think ......
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:21 PM
Joined Sep 2006
2 Posts
statement response to FLYPARTY re EPP Eagle

First of all, I would like to say EPP Eagle indeed is a great plane and fun to fly.

That's why we contacted FLYPARTY around June 2007 and agreed to translate his Chinese manual of Eagle and Pitts kit to English version and to promote his Eagle and Pitts as much as we can. And because it is such great plane and through our promotion and our customers' great feedback on RC Groups, EPP eagle has become well known very quickly.

This is when other distributors become interested to sell this plane. Eflypower had been asked to raise the selling price so other FLYPARTY's other distributor can earn more profit. And FLYPARTY first increased the supply price to us and then stopped supplying to us at all as we do not wish to get into Price war.

As for so called pirated version of Eagle kit claimed by FLYPARTY, the truth is, the Eagle was developed by a team of enthusiasts not solely owned. We have contacted one of the developers and he agrees to supply EflyPower with improved version of EPP Eagle and other designs. And yes, its up to customers to decide where to buy and support their favourite suppliers.

We just wish to clarify that our Eagle kit and amount other products are all legally acquired . As we stated since 2004, though we have a commerical website, our intention is to promote R/C fly to be as easily accessible and affordable as possible. We also encourage every pilot to share your experience and knowledge to make R/C fly an enjoyable and fun leisure. Even though there were some vicious asperse towards Eflypower due to business compeition over the years, we still believe and will continue to provide best competitive prices and services to all of you.

We regret that this partnership no longer work out with FLYPARTY. We do hope to see him sucessfully develop more great designs soon.
eflypower is offline Find More Posts by eflypower
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:37 AM
It Wasn't Me!!!!
Joined Feb 2005
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflypower
As for so called pirated version of Eagle kit claimed by FLYPARTY, the truth is, the Eagle was developed by a team of enthusiasts not solely owned. We have contacted one of the developers and he agrees to supply EflyPower with improved version of EPP Eagle and other designs.
If this is truley the case, then what is the developers name and are there any patents pending?
Lets hear from the person who developed this "improved" version and maybe he can tell us how he "developed" this kit.
You can claim just about anything now days, but how do you explain the fact that your "version" is a copy of FLYPARTY's EPP Eagle.
Thanks C-YA RL
InspectorGadget is offline Find More Posts by InspectorGadget