Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:10 PM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchit
Would someone be kind enough to show how the v tail actually glues to the rear of the fuselage. Noticed that the v tail halves are not cut so they join at an angle, presume I just join at roughly 120degs. Does this then just sit on the back of the fuselage. I cant see from the instructions how far back should go. Any help appreciated.
You should have a length of triangular section foam ...... this is glued to the fuse and the V tail halves and creates the correct angle ...... this 3 pc assembly is located on the Fuse - just behind the wing ....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,373 Posts
Thanks hobie, much appreciated. Done that. Only got elbow pieces (2 long flat triangular pieces) left. Where do they go? Leading edge? Think I need a picture for this one.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Last edited by DominicM; Feb 17, 2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 02:49 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Thanks hobie, much appreciated. Done that. Only got elbow pieces (2 long flat triangular pieces) left. Where do they go? Leading edge? Think I need a picture for this one.
yep .... leading edge ..... see photo's on thread etc to see them .... will see if I can find one ....

here you go ....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...14&postcount=2

Don't forget the CF on front and back of wing to protect edge from rubber bands ....
Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,373 Posts
Awesome thanks. I did have a quick look but couldnt see an Eagle with them attached. Thanks again.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Feb 17, 2008, 03:24 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Awesome thanks. I did have a quick look but couldnt see an Eagle with them attached. Thanks again.
O-key-doke ....
Old Feb 17, 2008, 05:24 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,434 Posts
Next gen Eagle?

http://roboswift.nl/
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
Old Feb 18, 2008, 03:24 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,756 Posts
The roboswift is cool but they've skimped on the tail. It should fan out for low speed manouvering, take offs and landings, and fold in for fast flying.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Feb 18, 2008, 03:56 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPFlyer
Next gen Eagle?

http://roboswift.nl/
I would guess if the 2 foward cams are positioned right they would give a nice 3d depth of field through the visor. That would be cool.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:05 AM
slow but inefficient
Riverhead NY USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,097 Posts
Ordered a Eagle on Sunday night, received it this (Wednesday) morning. Unbelievable.
Ron Williams is offline Find More Posts by Ron Williams
Old Feb 20, 2008, 03:12 PM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2005
3,396 Posts
that roboswift design is somethign like iv been working on for awhile in design form, useing hinged wings to control the wing area thus changing the lift on one side or the other.. i may still try to build it..
mike
pitviper51 is offline Find More Posts by pitviper51
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:41 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,756 Posts
Mike,

I've been thinking of doing the same thing for a while now. The big problem is controlling it all from a normal two stick transmitter. I think a flaps control is definitely needed to get it anywhere near right, and probably a custom made servo mixer. It might be a long time before I get round to doing anything about it, if ever.

I've noticed gulls in flight fold their tails right in, except for manouvering at low speed, so they become more or less a flying wing - tail movement doesn't seem to be needed then. They probably just move it very slightly, but you could get by without moving it at all for fast flight.

All birds seem to increase their over all wing area and fan out the tail at low speed. If you watch pidgeons take off, the tail is fanned right out and tilted to do most of the steering. They also do a high dihedral glide, to lose altitude quickly, epecially when it's windy.

Getting all those things to work from a normal r/c transmitter could be the hardest part. I guess the thing to do is identify the main things you want to copy, and try to simplify it a bit.

The simplest thing would be to just have something like a jointed paper dart with each wing folding or spreading out to work as an elevon, I guess. Each wing could be two triangles meeting at the nose, with a hinge line along the fuselage, and another at the join of the two sections. Ideally, there'd be a servo for each section, but just one folding the whole wing would do.

Getting something like authentic tail movements would be nice though. The v-tail is not the way it works, of course, because it actually reduces the tail area for up elevator. You'd really need at least four servos, just to get the tail right, but two servos controlling the edges of a fan would be a good start - lifting up and fanning out both sides for elevator, or one more than the other for rudder.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:43 AM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
1,996 Posts
Its a murky old world we inhabit where it doesn't take long for things to turn to custard : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822632
KiwiKid is offline Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Jazilla 3.2m flying wing
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:02 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,434 Posts
Man, that bites!
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
Old Feb 23, 2008, 10:58 AM
Colorado
Joined Nov 2004
268 Posts
G'day,

I guess the fully explains why the CNC Eagle and combo CNC Eagle are the only two kits at Efly having free post to just about any where.

Cheers
SeniorSpan is offline Find More Posts by SeniorSpan
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:14 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,756 Posts
Will the real EPP Eagle please stand up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyparty in that other thread
eFlyPower is no longer my distributor and I have requested them to remove the photos and videos from their website to protect the consumer's right and my invention. The only product that I manufacture at this point is the EPP Eagle kits/ARFs, listed on eBay http://stores.ebay.com/EPP-EAGLE and http://www.freewebs.com/eppeagle/. We have also registered a trademark for the EPP Eagle--THE RC RAPTOR.
I hope people will support Flyparty by ordering the real thing, directly from him. I think the fact that Mike Huang of eflypower has switched from selling the real thing to selling a poor quality clone, using lower quality materials, is totally reprehensible - especially since he's using Flyparty's original photos and footage of the real thing to promote them, and selling them under the original name so no one was aware there was a difference.