HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2007, 04:05 PM
Old F-4 Crewchief
Schertz, Texas, United States
Joined May 2004
1,273 Posts
RCminh,
Thanks for posting the pics. Looks simple to build. Still not sure if I want to spend the money on one. I guess the costly shipping is giving me second thoughts. Would still like to hear how yours turns out.
Rick
fuzzyhead is online now Find More Posts by fuzzyhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2007, 02:40 AM
If it flys I can crash it!!!
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
G'day wmcneal,
Hows the EPP Eagle comin' along? Mine arrived today(along with an EPP Pitts), can't wait to put it together! Any tips?

Regards Paul.
scatcat1 is offline Find More Posts by scatcat1
Old Sep 05, 2007, 03:36 AM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
I haven't started it yet. I'm still working on another project I started several weeks ago.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
Old Sep 05, 2007, 04:15 AM
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
No prob, starting mine tonight, a mate flew at our local park and had 12 hawks following him around. I will be mounting a 5 in 1 cam facing backwards to try and catch a few feathered friends in tow!! should be a blast.

I'll post pics when done.

cheers Paul.
Old Sep 05, 2007, 08:19 AM
United States, CT, Torrington
Joined Jun 2006
229 Posts
EPP Eagle

Mine is half way assembled. Need a paint job before I can put all electronic components together. Pictures will follow soon.
rcminh is offline Find More Posts by rcminh
Old Sep 05, 2007, 09:31 AM
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
It's after midnight and I can't stop! I am flyin' this bird in the morning! all electronics in just need to do manual trim.(I'll paint it after test flight) Very easy build. I replaced 1x 500mm carbon rod(leading edge one) with a 1000mm one and a piece of carbon flat strap at trailing edge and 2x pieces of polly strapping/banding tape to leading edge to stop crushing from rubber bands. I'm using a HXT 24g 1300kv mootor on 2s with a 9x47 prop, not vertical performance but enough to loft around with the hawks I hope?

cheers Paul.
Old Sep 06, 2007, 08:43 PM
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
Maiden.

G'day all,
Finally finished my Eagle and she turned out pretty good, looks great in the air. Cog is right over front spar and balances well when flown in still conditions(little further forward for windy conditions). First flight was very nice and graceful till I remembered I hadn't turned the 5 in 1 edvr on, so a quick touchdown(nice gentle slide on the belly) switched on the cam and sent her back up. At this point I should mention due to using only a 24g HXT 1300kv motor, the battery needs to be right against the firewall, and as the battery has to be slid in there, its only held in place with a piece of foam pushed up behind it. So on the next launch I gave a little too harder throw, which I later found had slid the battery back, so it was porposing all over the place and would not glide! Managed to get it down with a little stall at the end, landing nose first! (no damage) The wind picked up pretty quick so haven't re flown yet, Still , it was a good first flight(came home in one piece) can't wait to get her back up.

Cheers, Paul.
Old Sep 07, 2007, 05:14 AM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
WoW! That looks great. What type of paint did you use?
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal
Old Sep 07, 2007, 05:49 AM
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
Thanks. Its called "FASKOLOR-paint for Lexan" Its a flexible water based acrylic paint.
www.parmapse.com, from Ohio!!
Last edited by scatcat1; Sep 07, 2007 at 05:55 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2007, 12:21 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,434 Posts
Great work!
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
Old Sep 09, 2007, 07:25 PM
Joined Jun 2006
229 Posts
EPP Eagle

Here are some pictures of my EPP Eagle wing. I painted it with Sharpies.
Old Sep 09, 2007, 09:46 PM
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
Rcminh,
That is absolutely awesome, i would never have the patients(or skill). It will look brilliant in the sky. You're bound to attract a few feathered friends for sure! Had mine up this morning and had 3 hawks along for the ride. Editing video right now. Post soon.

Cheers Paul.

p.s. Also maidened EPP Pitts from same place.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 06:00 AM
Joined Jun 2006
229 Posts
EPP Eagle

Hi Paul,
It took me 2 days to draw and paint the wing with Sharpies. I was nuts. I wouldn't do like that again. Too much time consuming. The right thing to do is to paint on Black for the entire wing like you did on yours. Please let me know your CG setting. The Chinese instruction is useless.
Do you know what I'm thinking. I think we shouldn't fly our EPP Eagle over a farm because the farmer will take our EPP Eagle down to the ground with his shotgun with no mercy.
Rcminh
Old Sep 10, 2007, 07:37 AM
Townsville, Australia.
Joined Jan 2007
615 Posts
Rcimnh,
Cg was on the front spar in the wing, flies pretty well there. These birds look great in the air, they just float around very gracefully, and you're right, its hard to tell them apart from there feathered friends!!LOL
regards Paul.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 11:18 AM
Joined Jun 2006
229 Posts
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info of CG.
I plan to use an Eflite 400 outrunner brushless and 3 cell Lipo. Do you think the Eflite 400 has enough power lift the Eagle?

Regards,

Rcminh