HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:03 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
5,967 Posts
I tried a folding prop for a short time. It would get caught on the irregular shaped nose and wouldn't start sometimes. When it's way up in high and you try to start the motor and the prop jams, you won't see it and you could burn out the motor and ESC. Not worth it.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:09 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,154 Posts
Recommended motor & specs...
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...or-p-1842.html
microDan is offline Find More Posts by microDan
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
5,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microDan View Post
My EPP Eagle originally came from Grayson when they used to sell them. That's the motor they sold me as part of the Eagle package. Included in the package was the ESC, prop and battery. Too bad they stopped selling it.
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:23 AM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,154 Posts
You can still get the Suppo 2212-13 1000kv here... it's the same motor.
http://www.rcplanebuilder.com/electr...-13-47g-1000kv
microDan is offline Find More Posts by microDan
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:00 AM
Flying Foamies
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
617 Posts
video 2012 11 03 16 53 13 (5 min 56 sec)

speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clowncar Challange
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Nov 2010
65 Posts
I'm another satisfied customer. I wanted something relaxing to fly, sturdy, packable, and interesting, and the Eagle fits the bill on all counts. I was pretty lazy about decorating; I just spray-painted the wing brown, and part of the body. But up high it still has the appearance of a bird of prey.
I'm finding the CoG to be a little finnicky, and climbing under power is a bit of a curvy affair, but in low- or un-powered flight, it's as smooth as they come. It doesn't have quite the float of, say, a Radian, but I would say that it descends more slowly than some planes I've flown that are designed to be pure gliders.
Initially I was using an OrangeRX receiver without a satellite, and I had some drop-outs; boy, that is a tense affair. For whatever reason, during the dropouts I think the elevator was dropped, and the plane plummeted to Earth at an intense speed. Even though it was just a few seconds, maybe 5, I can remember quite a number of distinct thoughts going through my head; like, "damn, I'm going to have to put a bunch of pieces back in my box," and "oh well, it's out of my control, there's nothing I can do," and, fortunately, "I've heard of 2.4GHz receivers having dropouts because of some radio-shadowing effect; maybe as the plane's position with respect to me changes as it dives groundward, it will regain connection." And 50 feet above the ground it did....not a pleasant experience all in all. Radio was immediately replaced with an AR6200 with satellite.
I've got my Eagle rigged as a night-flyer, and it's a great platform for it, slow and steady; I have one of those splitters that connects to the balance plug of the lipo, and I just plug in 3 JSTs (one for the fuse lights, and one for each wing). I should take some pics.
Snapster is offline Find More Posts by Snapster
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:50 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
Would like to see it in "night flight mode"
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:57 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
1,877 Posts
Yeah Snapster, I have read on another thread that the 6 channel orange rx aren't reliable. The 7 & 8s are the best, especially with the satellites.
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:52 AM
Flying Foamies
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
617 Posts
as in cases of radio blackouts? has anyone experiance those?
speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clowncar Challange
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Nov 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
Would like to see it in "night flight mode"
Here are some pics; sorry, no video. It's got the usual Turnigy LED strips; 3 meters total, for a current draw of about 1200mA I believe. I have a splitter that plugs into the balance plug of the battery, and it attaches with 3 JSTs to the fuse LEDs, and each wing. I put a strip of clear tape over the fuse LEDs so landings don't wreck them. The tape is attached with 3M 77, since there don't seem to be many tapes that stick to EPP foam. I think those Turnigy LED strips have probably really revolutionized night flying; it changes it from something that "sounds cool, but involves more work than I want to do" to something that "sounds cool, and is really easy to do."

It's a good night flyer; docile, and the large wing chord makes it easy to tell orientation with the LED pattern I chose, with a strip all the way across the bottom near the leading edge, and then two strips on the wingtips pointing backwards.

I like flying at night; while it's kind of cool to get the attention that a plane like this gets, it's not something you always want. Flying at night and in the cold weather around here solves that problem almost entirely.
Snapster is offline Find More Posts by Snapster
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,308 Posts
Proud to have joined the Eagle community!

Maidened today at lunch. A touch overpowered w/the CF2822 on an 8x4 but flies great! Even loops and rolls easily. Hope to get a nice calm day (tad breezy right now) and give it a long sortie soon.

cheers,
Mike
stanordave is offline Find More Posts by stanordave
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
Ceder Rapids,Ia
Joined Jan 2007
211 Posts
this one to
Marty Slater is offline Find More Posts by Marty Slater
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:53 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
1,981 Posts
Still have mine,havent flown it in years though.It still intact 100% ...a bit dusty though .Given all the hawks that over fly my farm ,maybe I should resurrect it and chase em off?
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
16 Posts
Орел на закате (1 min 51 sec)

Арёл (Eagle) (2 min 11 sec)

В орлиной стае (in eagle flight) (5 min 12 sec)
kompmen is offline Find More Posts by kompmen
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:59 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
880 Posts
That last video is cool - certainly pulls in the raptors huh
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud