HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2009, 01:01 PM
Addicted to flight since 1944
southern Florida
Joined Feb 2004
1,750 Posts
Kind of blurry but looks like a good idea. Are those some sort of quick connectors? Do you have a brand name or model? I think Du-Bro makes something like that. Great suggestion. Thanks a bunch.
rbrown3rd is offline Find More Posts by rbrown3rd
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2009, 02:51 PM
if it dont fly i dont want it
north east uk
Joined Jul 2006
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown3rd
Kind of blurry but looks like a good idea. Are those some sort of quick connectors? Do you have a brand name or model? I think Du-Bro makes something like that. Great suggestion. Thanks a bunch.
yes they are Du-Bro quick links they come in all sizers i get mine from a local hobby shop hope this pic is better still trying to get the hang of posting picks lol
i use them on all my models and have no problems with them
sharkbite0 is offline Find More Posts by sharkbite0
Old Mar 05, 2009, 03:23 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
Eagle spotted

I just saw a bulletin from rcuniverse, which shows some Eagles, looking a lot like FLYPARTY's design. Are these official EPP Eagles?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1090

Quote:
...these flying birds offered by Dream It RC (www.dreamitrc.com). They are available in 2 sizes, 63" and 30" wingspans.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Mar 05, 2009, 04:19 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Hi, this looks like one of FlyParty's latest designs, but I am not sure that he offers them in those sizes.

dreamitrc's website is not very good, but I do not see them listed anyway.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Mar 05, 2009, 04:29 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
Dreamit RC's website is nothing but a holding page.

The Eagles are shown under the title "Dream It RC Flying Birds", about half way down that rcuniverse article. The question is; are they officially sanctioned FLYPARTY Eagles, or just more clones?
Last edited by Andy2No; Mar 05, 2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2009, 05:17 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
If I recall correctly, and based on FlyParty's eagles sold on ebay, he doesn't have a mini...so those are clones. And based on the other designs that Dream It sells, I would say that they are clones.

Plus, the red/white/blue eagle shown appears to be a double layered flat wing (no hollow, built-in airfoil like FlyParty's).
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:01 AM
southern Florida
Joined Feb 2004
1,750 Posts
Just returned from a delightful early morning flight at the local park. This was one of the few flights I have had when no birds came to attack. A mob of crows did come to investigate and flew around with me for a while. They didn't seem too aggressive but rather curious. The morning air was calm and my eagle is beginning to get trimmed out right. I flew for 20 minutes often hands off in lazy circles. Really pleasant and a lot of fun. My 1300 mah battery pack was replenished with 597 mah when I charged it. That means I used 45 percent of my pack for a twenty minute flight. Here is a photo just before disassembling for the trip home a few blocks away. Notice that the eagle grew a new feather on one wing tip after a previous bad landing in gusty conditions.

I am running a Blue Wonder motor with an 8 x 4 prop. On my Optic 6 transmitter I have throttle EPA limited to 70 percent which gives me exactly the right of power I need. I fly this ship as if it were a self launching glider and have just enough power to climb easily to altitude and then throttle back to float around looking for thermals or avoiding attack by birds. This suits my style of flying nicely. Others may want more power for more agility but I like mine this way.
Last edited by rbrown3rd; Mar 11, 2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:14 AM
Lakeville Minnesota
Lakeville MN
Joined Oct 2008
514 Posts
I find that I only need, at most, half throttle to launch and fly my eagle, otherwise it tends to stall allot. I am running 2200 lipos and on a nice day, get an hour or more of flight time running it slow. My first flight lasted over and hour and I was flying it hands off in a slow circle. I could literally set the transmitter on the ground, chat with others, and simply check and see how far it had drifted, bring it back and do it again for another 5 minutes or more in the same fashion It is the bird of all birds as of yet, bar none!

Steve
SailingAlong is offline Find More Posts by SailingAlong
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
rbrown3rd and SailingAlong,

How many cells do these lipos have?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
southern Florida
Joined Feb 2004
1,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No

Mine is a 3S1P, 11.1 volt pack. Got mine from lazertoyz:

Old Mar 12, 2009, 05:23 AM
Lakeville Minnesota
Lakeville MN
Joined Oct 2008
514 Posts
Quote:

3 cells at 2200 mah.

Steve
SailingAlong is offline Find More Posts by SailingAlong
Old Mar 12, 2009, 07:29 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
Okay. Thanks.

The Eagle is one of those planes where you could easily use either 2s or 3s, depending on the spec of the motor, so I wasn't sure what either of you meant

I'll have to try a BW on 3s soon, though probably in something a bit lighter than the Eagle. I'm more comfortable with a bit of extra power.

The power stalling problem sounds like it could be fixed by pointing the motor down more, like rbrown3rd did.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 07:37 AM
southern Florida
Joined Feb 2004
1,750 Posts
Quote:
The power stalling problem sounds like it could be fixed by pointing the motor down more, like rbrown3rd did.
Nose up on power can be fixed as Andy2No points out by adding some down thrust on your motor or by mixing in some down elevator with the throttle if you have a programable transmitter.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:45 AM
Joined Jun 2007
168 Posts
The eagle shown on RC Universe is made of depron and uses a Kline Fogelman airfoil. Not as tough as Fly Party's Eagle but allows some extra detailing options and is slightly larger, has real eyes and also comes in a 30" version I don't want to step on this thread, just wanted to answer the questions, I think the Fly Party eagle is a great design and well worth the price. This is just something I have been custom building for people. Sorry about the website I hired a professional and have been waiting for weeks To get it done. Check out the video from the Perry Georgia swap:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4649096/12426122
The Mad Spadder is offline Find More Posts by The Mad Spadder
Last edited by The Mad Spadder; Mar 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Interesting. What is the kv and prop size? You can hardly see the prop.
rob