SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 03, 2002, 11:49 AM
Checking the wind
Aubry Township, Kansas South of KC.
Joined Jan 2002
1,403 Posts
Help with Slow Stick Camera Mount

You guys who are shooting photos from your Slow Sticks appear to be having way too much fun! Therefore, I'm gonna join you.

Would you be so kind as to post a photo of your setup? I'm sure I can come up with something on my own, but there are much sharper minds on these pages than mine.

Off to Wal-Mart to get the camera.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
kansascloud is offline Find More Posts by kansascloud
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2002, 01:12 PM
WAA pilot #167 (yeah baby!)
Far, Far, Far West Texas. ie. El Paso
Joined Aug 2002
950 Posts
Hope you don't mind Mike, but I'm gonna be right here readin' over your shoulder to get ideas

-AH
Ahawk is offline Find More Posts by Ahawk
Old Nov 03, 2002, 01:44 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
You're going to have to invest in some pretty fancy equipment.
Inevntory:
- two small strips of velcro
- one rubber band

..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Nov 03, 2002, 02:00 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Take a look at this thread, there are several options here for SS mounts. Glad you are coming to join us!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=mount

I use the mount Boomer uses, but mine is shorter so that I can get to the control button on the back without have to remove it. There is only one problem with this mount. If you shoot video, its vertical not horizontal. I have a plan for a movable mount in the works, but not done yet.

Remember to mount it on the CG is you mount it to the plane so that it flies the same with or without the camera. I found that super velcroing it to the battery keeps it very versatile.

Good luck and welcome!
Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Nov 04, 2002, 10:55 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I'm still trying to find the "right spot" to mount my MPC on my slow stick
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Nov 05, 2002, 12:35 AM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kepople
Take a look at this thread, there are several options here for SS mounts. Glad you are coming to join us!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=mount

I use the mount Boomer uses, but mine is shorter so that I can get to the control button on the back without have to remove it. There is only one problem with this mount. If you shoot video, its vertical not horizontal. I have a plan for a movable mount in the works, but not done yet.

Remember to mount it on the CG is you mount it to the plane so that it flies the same with or without the camera. I found that super velcroing it to the battery keeps it very versatile.

Good luck and welcome!
Kirby
Kirby,
I have since shortened mine so I can access the control button! Too much of a hassle the other way but also have provided for 2 rubber bands and a Velcro wrap around safety strap that stays with the bipe!
boomer
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Nov 06, 2002, 12:32 AM
Kansas
Joined Oct 2001
267 Posts
camera mount

I built a bracket out of gutter pipe and balsa, then zip tied it and the camera to the bottom of my S S. I'm using the low res. pen cam but I'm pretty pleased with the shots for the money.
MatRat is offline Find More Posts by MatRat
Old Nov 06, 2002, 12:45 AM
Kansas
Joined Oct 2001
267 Posts
Picture from Slow Stick

Here is a shot from the setup above. Its a low res. camera but not a bad shot. Typical Kansas landscape.
MatRat is offline Find More Posts by MatRat