HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,520 Posts
many times in the past i've already thanked the usual suspects as i go. those who have taught me probably 50% of my lifes knowledge, you know who you are, there's need to be overly cheezey right?

there's a few more ppl to thank though: all the members of rcg who've posted anything.

newbies help us learn new things by asking questions, which drives us to stay current with our knowledge in a wide range of interests, as well as research new ideas. it's true that the old guard of rcg could easily sustain scratch built foamie culture on their own, but i think the injection of different perspectives of all the members around the world really helps speed up progress & only adds to everyones depth of knowledge.

kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2007, 03:24 PM
Bernoulli+Newton=Lift
Somewhere south of Chicago, IL
Joined Jan 2006
1,952 Posts
Got published!

Many thanks to Dereck (Woodward), who not only provided the first drawings I saw of it, but also graciously wrote up an article about the Despretz Flash J1-31 plane I built a few months back.

There is a picture in the October edition of the magazine "Quiet Electric Flight International" of my two daughters holding the plane, as well as one of me flying it - a picture of the magazine page is in this post in the "Electric Planes" forum.

I'd also like to thank canard addict for posting additional information about the plane, which enabled me to build it as accurately as I did, since it would seem there is precious little information even available about this unique plane.
magic612 is offline Find More Posts by magic612
Old Oct 13, 2007, 09:25 AM
Joined Oct 2004
533 Posts
: The "Scratchbuilt Foamies" Appreciation Thread

I too would like to thank all the people allready mentioned in this thread.
There are too many to mention but they know who they are and what they have done for all of us RCers over the years.
I salute you all and i show your work to others.
olddog is offline Find More Posts by olddog
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:03 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,288 Posts
Wow. There's been so many builds and plans and help here it's incredible.
But WaterDog and his STC is what started it all for me.
fr4nk1yn is offline Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old Nov 20, 2007, 07:43 PM
N.F. Dawn Patrol
Jax. Fl.
Joined Jun 2006
288 Posts
Im in Jax. Florida, the Lowes by our airport right off I95 had PLENTY of bluecor bundles, for about 35 a bundle.
Easyrydr is offline Find More Posts by Easyrydr
Old Nov 21, 2007, 02:41 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,793 Posts
I wish that I had looked through these DIY and related threads when I started,
as they provide the best planes for my situation:
a beginner flying in a small area.

It is on these DIY and related threads, as opposed to the large commercial offerings,
that I can find slow flying, manuverable yet tame planes
that can survive hard nose-in's (pusher or mid-motor mounts, possibly made of EPP).

Planes like the SFO, Blu-Beagle, Frog (related thread), Boomer conversion from a Wing (parkflyer thread).

With such planes, I no longer need to buy propellers by the dozen.

Thank you.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Last edited by flying-llama; Nov 21, 2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:05 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
London, UK
Joined Nov 2006
5,398 Posts
Yes I know what you mean, if the average kit had half the RD that some of the planes in the scratch built forum have had.......
dekan is offline Find More Posts by dekan
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:42 PM
Tinkerer
RI
Joined May 2005
184 Posts
Thanks

I could (and do) thank many of the people whose names have been repeated here.

But I've also noticed that some of the THANKERS here are people who've helped me in a bunch of ways as I've started getting into this hobby, and that's wonderful -- helping others really seems infectious!

--Spike
jfhspike is offline Find More Posts by jfhspike
Old Nov 26, 2007, 02:54 PM
The ever learning newbie
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
Thanks to everyone

I would like to thank all of the people who have brought out an interest in me that I didn't even know that I had. Also for those who have posted plans and building/finishing tips....H-J (still working on his 190), Jetsett44( SP?) and everyone else for the wonderful place to get plans and build.......

Ron
rab23us is offline Find More Posts by rab23us
Old Jan 01, 2008, 03:25 PM
If it flies, its cool
Atlanta
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
thanks to waterdog, kiwi,pinecone, doubletap,zagnut, jasmine2501, and a multiude of others. not all help on scrach built foam but hav answered an endless suply of dumb questions thet i have fired at them.
the scrach built forem seams to me to have the moast readly willing to help members
thank you for all of your help in the past and in the feuture!
bondohead is offline Find More Posts by bondohead
Old Jan 08, 2008, 08:30 PM
Spring time, planes bloom
near UNC Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2003
1,787 Posts
I want to thank everybody at RC groups where I found a great bunch ( Charlotte Area Flyers) AKA the Outlaws who are awesome. Special thanks for SmokinJo, Vyceroy, Citabria7 (RIP), bluebird and eyefly for teaching me all I needed to get my first plane off the ground and how to fix them when I put them into the ground or up on a tree.
ecologito is offline Find More Posts by ecologito
Old Jan 31, 2008, 08:45 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
Id like to thank JAM for his extremly large thread on plans. JAM what was your old RCGROUPS name? That also inspired me to change mine.
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
Old Feb 06, 2008, 11:24 AM
Mr. ExperiMENTAL
Joined Apr 2004
1,715 Posts
Man this could be a long list

Vintage1, Crash Test Dummy, Aeajr, Hans jahoachim, Ken Ohki, Xanadu, Chuck D, Twister, Klique, skinner46, so many of you that I have gotten little pieces from. I think this could get edited a hundred times...lol Sorry if I missed someone hard to think of all at once.

Tips
Wingtips24 is offline Find More Posts by Wingtips24
Old Feb 15, 2008, 03:54 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,581 Posts
Here is a special thanks to Firetrappe (Si).

Si has made many original contributions to RCG such as the Sumo(s) and the Infineon to mention just a couple.

He is constantly supporting others by providing friendly advice and encouraging words along the way.

What is especially note worthy is his willingness to go the extra mile behind the scenes creating brilliant plans and drawings for other designers.

Thanks Si, you are a model citizen for RCG!
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:16 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,206 Posts
I'm still a newbie at this site.But I've built 2 incredible planes that I couldn't have with out Steve Shumate (His F-14 ) and GPW,Jasta and others B-2 sorta scale revisited.The B-2 is the most fun you can have with your thumbs.Well almost.lol And all the other build threads I love to read how they do it. Thank You all RCG contibutors
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41