SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 02:43 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,250 Posts
CenTexFlyer - my #1 "thank you" goes out to you.

Many, many others here, Gene Bond, EWO, TOG, JerBear (sp?), BarStool (sp?), iamadoc (sp?), lots of folks from the Flying Wings section, Arx-N-Sparx (sp?), StirlingNut (sp?), . . . gosh, what a long, long list!!!

Izzit ok to mention professional kit makers/retailers? If so, JK Aerotech, superflyrc, & the great folks at hobby-lobby.com, the guy who owns Astro flight . . . gosh, another long list!!!

That's the problem with lists like this - too many to mention - I'm forgetting many of them - now I feel bad.

Oh well, time to go fly, I reckon.
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Last edited by Buzz_Man; Jun 16, 2007 at 06:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2007, 02:46 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,680 Posts
Lets not forget Chara !

I've been very happy with his Harpy et al.

Always good advice form him.
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Jun 15, 2007, 05:12 PM
No snazzy tagline
Joplin Missouri. I can spit into Kansas and Oklahoma and I got my eye on that Arkansas
Joined May 2005
35 Posts
How about a big thanks to VYCEROY! Actually I don't know wether to thank him, or curse him for this fiddler's green and folded paper model addiction I have acquired. Either way, he has always been extremely helpful, friendly and patient with stoopid noobs like me.
I am also gratful to GPW for having the patientce to re-explain everyting he knows with each new batch of pilots/builders that wander into this forum.
I have been totally impressed whith the sheer number of people willing to help out on this forum, compared to other forums that I have been involved with, this place is really amazing in that respect.
I would also like to thank the academy, my mom....Oh my time is up
C Wiseman is offline Find More Posts by C Wiseman
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:43 PM
azkeith
Nampa ID
Joined Feb 2005
130 Posts
Thank you

First a big thank you to Magic for this appreciation thread. I became addicted to this thread while living in AZ, moved to Idaho still addicted to scratch foamies and the great gathering of people here. Reading, learning, building from the knowledge gained here is near to getting a Masters degree in foam aeronautics. I hope I never graduate, just keep learning and building.
Big Thank You to all who share so willingly.
keith in ID.
azkeith is offline Find More Posts by azkeith
Old Jun 16, 2007, 06:12 AM
International flyer
France, Alsace, Wissembourg
Joined Jul 2005
255 Posts
I just thank all of you for your posts. I think everybody had and has informations that made me progress and learn.
Lampatex is offline Find More Posts by Lampatex
Old Jun 16, 2007, 07:55 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,194 Posts
The Greatest Team in the World

I salute all of you guys. You're absolutely the greatest team in the world from all over the world coming together to help each other, learn from each other and encourage each other. The world could take some lessons from you guys on how to be better human beings. It has been a wonderful experience for me to see all of you in action. Also, you're all very creative and willing to take chances and make mistakes without any fear of failure. Making mistakes and learning from them is how we get to "own" information. Once the information becomes a part of us we can never lose it. And, we all keep growing from that point on. Thanks again for giving me one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

Dick Kline
Dickeroo is offline Find More Posts by Dickeroo
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:59 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Aug 2006
42 Posts
It is human nature, that makes us social creatures. Through that, we desire or want enteractions with others. Our peers in the same areas of interest, normally hold value. ... Their optinions or ideas, can spark passion, desires, ideas and more, but when a large group share this experience.... views will vary greatly.

Respecting others and their post, can be difficult at times or want for more.... *wink* (just need to add one more mod)

The list of people's post that i have read, there has been many but to the ones that have contributed postivitly.... Kudos, and Thank you. Please keep it following.

Special thanks to many of the names posted already and those not, but for SloperSteve Great Job guy.

Sandray
Sandray is offline Find More Posts by Sandray
Last edited by Sandray; Jun 16, 2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:02 PM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
When I first came to this site I had been building r/c planes for about a year and a half, mostly with balsa with some foam. All were eventual failures. There were some missing info that I needed to be successful. I got this info from Gene Bond, GPW and a few others. I enjoy this hobby tons more now, so thank you all for the help.
I come to read info from this site everyday now, and continue to learn. I suppose I might have even taught a few things to others, so it all works out fine.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Jun 17, 2007, 03:22 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
My thanks goes out to all of you..........if you all weren't here I wouldn't be where I'm at to this day.

Thank you all.......very much.

Jason
MaxAmps Crew Member
jammaxamps@embarqmail.com
www.MaxAmps.com
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Last edited by JAM; Jun 18, 2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
Berkshire U.K.
Joined Oct 2006
525 Posts
I would like to thank GPW for his flying lessons. I had never R/C'd before, but I followed his route of the T-1 and then the Stealth Sport. Now I'm flying a P-51 courtesy of Gene Bond quite happily.

Also a big thanks to Hans-Joachim for his full fuse designs and his help in building them. Great plans, I'm just about to start his Spit and I know already that it will turn out great.
Andrew u.k. is online now Find More Posts by Andrew u.k.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 09:41 AM
Wingman2004
South Carolina
Joined Oct 2004
250 Posts
This is a really cool idea. I've gotten a lot of great info from a lot of people here, but the real clincher is the availability of tested plans. Thanks go to EWO for his F-16 design, JETSET44 for the really cool F-15 and F-18, CENTEXFLYER for the Zagnutz, BRADM for the Minizagnutz series, DAYDREAMER for his 32" FF wing (which got me started in blucore fanfold designs), TOXICTOAST for the really cool quick build F-14, and especially JERBEAR for the simple wing. Everybody ought to have one of these in their hangar. It's a great flying little wing that you can cut out and have ready to fly in a couple of hours. I've built 5 of these so far, and because it's a quick build and inexpensive, I tend to take more chances flying it. When the weather won't cooperate for flying anything else I throw out the JSW with it's Johnson 250 and really wring it out. Heck I've even flown it in the rain.
wingman2004 is offline Find More Posts by wingman2004
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:21 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
USA, NC, Gastonia
Joined Dec 2001
8,824 Posts
A big thanks to GPW GeneBond CentexFlyer and Many others for always being there to give advice and push me along when i would be ready to give up on a design And a Big thank you to Hippo for being a great friend and a Fantastic teacher .. A big thank you to UBUILDIT for being a good friend and inspiration .. and i would be wrong to not say thank you to emoone
the starter of the Original Fanfold foam thread that got me started back into the hobby in 2002 .. For all you younguns its a must read ..
I bought some fan-fold foam . . . what to build? Thread

Thanks to everyone
Vyceroy is offline Find More Posts by Vyceroy
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:21 PM
Hurricane
California
Joined Aug 2006
23 Posts
I would like to add my thanks to "Water Dog" for his excellent plans and build manuals that are simply superior to even the best purchased kits out there! I have personally built and fly 2 Nastys, and still love flying them. It's a great 4 chan trainer and properly powered, quite capable of very nice 3D. I also built an STC and it's a great 3-chan trainer. How many trainers can you crash and replace the entire airframe with about a bucks worth of blue foam? Water Dog's other offerings STS, Big Nasty etc. all have the same very high quality plans and build guides. Quick Build, great flying planes! Many Thanks Charles! You do this hobby a great service.
HKane is offline Find More Posts by HKane
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
Pontificating Member
Atlanta
Joined May 2003
4,297 Posts
My first foamy was a zagnuts, so thanks go out to CenTexFlyer for that.
After that i was pretty much hooked.
Sooooo....
GPW for his designs (Parkflyer Pete in particular) and cheerful help for newbies.
Hippo (ditto the GPW stuff) plus foamfly.com
GeneBond for a great attitude, just gotta love an upbeat fanatic. Designs great models too.
StringFly - so much fun stuff
ThatOvalGuy also has had so many great things to post/fly.
GW Ezone - my first truly 3D planes were his designs. simple to build and very, very good flyers.
IAD - not so much for foamies, but for inspiration and his excellence in design.
Vyceroy - so many designs and techniques. plus a great avatar.
I have also enjoyed reading posts and ideas from a ton of others including EWO, JerBear, ArxnSparx, waterDon, DepDog, Fanman, and so many others whose fanciful ideas and down to earth techniques have helped make this hobby so much fun.
tone is offline Find More Posts by tone
Last edited by tone; Jun 19, 2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 03:29 AM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,259 Posts
My thanks to everyone who shares their plans and ideas, and everyone who contributes to the ongoing discussions. You all reignited my passion for building, which is something that I had done quite a bit in my teens but had forgotten about as life got busy. Here I am 20 years later and I feel like a teen again.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly