HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2007, 08:06 PM
Joined Apr 2007
202 Posts
Help!
TROUBLE WITH TAIL SWING TO LEFT WITH MY ESKY HONEYBEE KINGv2

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... im confused , and the maunal dont tell you much. Im looking for help for a newbie about setup of the tail rotor. It seems when i spool up its fine but about 1/4 way the tail starts to swing to the left and of course i have to counter that with left rudder stick but that can be complicated when your not as comfortable . I used trim and i had it all the way to the left still , swinging to the left. Any help would be great.

P.S.

I know that the heli natural wants to travel in the direction the main blades are going , but that is def a sign of an adjustment prob.

P.S.S
could this be the GYRO ?

thanks again.

nathan
EMT_savinglives is offline Find More Posts by EMT_savinglives
Last edited by EMT_savinglives; Jun 13, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2007, 09:34 PM
expert heli pilot wanabee
United States, CA, Los Banos
Joined Jul 2006
2,229 Posts
i just had the exact same problem yesterday and yours could be different, i solved mine by using a pitch gauge mine has too much pitch on my main blades prob +15 or more that makes the tail works harder and the gyro gets confused and started going crazy also make sure that the tail slider is moving freely, you also might wanna check the king thread regarding your issues, there are a lot of knowledgeable nice people in there that would be willing to help u setup your heli.

just found this link for u from one of the member this might help u

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...93&postcount=8
siryan is offline Find More Posts by siryan
Old Jun 13, 2007, 09:40 PM
Joined Apr 2007
202 Posts
OK , yeah .. its wierd .... the tail winbgs hard left even w/ full trim. I am finding the set up to be the hardest part of this hobby . Thankfully i am getting a trex from a buddy and that is my project heli that will give me some good set up time and learn alot . Thanks

nathan
Old Jun 13, 2007, 10:50 PM
Joined Jul 2006
2,229 Posts
u might want to get better on your king first cause its a much cheaper heli than the trex it's almost the same mechanics when it comes to tail setup cause they were both using belt driven tail good luck keep us posted.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:38 PM
Joined Apr 2007
202 Posts
yeah , thats why i think it will be better , cause i need to build it and since i will be building it ......I will see first hand plus ill be forced to get it right LOL...if that makes any sense. This is a pain though. Some are saying the servo horn could be in the wrong place. I can post a pic if this would help.

Thanks Nathan
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:04 AM
Joined Apr 2007
202 Posts
Picture of stock tail set up.

[IMG][img=http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8008/picture003bc8.th.jpg][/IMG]

Maybe someone can spot a prob that i may be able to fix....
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:14 AM
Joined Jul 2006
2,229 Posts
try removing that guide rod it looks like it was making ur servos work harder when u put the rudder stick left where does the servo arm go towards the heli or away?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:00 AM
Joined Apr 2007
202 Posts
Are you saying remove the Clips that the servo rod is cliped too ? hum , i wil try in the morning....im getting tired and if i dont go to bed im gonna end up with a 12 HR structure fire i dont want to go too...LOL, everytime i stay up past 1:00 i get a fire that lasts like 11 - 14 HRS ..grrrrrrrr

until tommorrow all ,

G-Night

Nathan
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:23 AM
Aox
Eternally Grateful
Laguna Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2004
116 Posts
Well, I don't have a variable pitch tail rotor bird yet, but I figure, if you have to hold it left, even with trim, maybe adjust the pitch rod to give it more pitch to move the nose left to begin with? Just adjust it till it's right, then make sure you have enough pitch either direction to yaw the bird both ways.

That's just theory, but hey, who knows. I'd say maybe the belt was loose, but if the nose is yawing left, the tail is blowing with enough force to overcome the main rotor torque.

Good luck.

-Aox
Aox is offline Find More Posts by Aox
Old Jun 14, 2007, 05:29 AM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
I found my problem was with what some one posted in another thread.

Im using EVERYTHING stock. Even the transmitter so the dials on the top of the radio actualy function for the helicopter.

Some one said to put the 2 dials at half way and this was to much pitch for mine. I put both of mine at about 2 or 8:00 on both dials then it was alot better.

Maybe halfway is ok with a brushless but for mine wich is the brushed version (i think there are 2 versions) the halfway points on those 2 dials bring the headspeed down so much the tail is to slow to hold it.

Mine is better now but im only getting about 4 minutes to a pack, and the main motor is blazing hot. It doesnt shut off from overheating but its to hot to touch.

I was always told you dont want to run the motor hotter then being able to touch the can for 2-3 seconds. I cant leave my finger on that long.

I would bet my motor is near boiling temps. If i didnt have a GWS heatsink on it i bet i could spit test it like a nitro engine and hear some hiss
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64