HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by raynet11, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 07:50 PM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Discussion
Formosa Part 2:

My old Formosa had seen better days, a few weeks ago I did a dumb thing and forgot to check the model type on my transmitter, what a dumb move. Needless to say the Mosa didn't fly well on my heli program. The old one had served me well for at least 2 years now so I figured it was time to build a new one.

Formosa Part 2:

E-flight park 450 swinging an APC 10X5
CC-25 ESC
HS-55 for rudder and elevator
2 E-flight S75's for the ailerons
1350-1500mah 3-cell

Sloppy paint job by yours truly..

cheers,
Ray
raynet11 is online now Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2008, 04:52 AM
curtis
Canning Vale, Perth
Joined Mar 2008
123 Posts
I would agree with you concerning the paintjob. The plane is looking in quite good condition. Don't blame you for your TX mistakes. I flew one of my planes without the aerial being up ad saved it from a nasty crash.
cmckinley is offline Find More Posts by cmckinley
Old Dec 02, 2008, 06:49 AM
Sponsored by Team Me
Montgomery, IL
Joined Aug 2005
7,129 Posts
Silly mistake but for $26 for a slope kit I haven't found a better flying plane for the money. The Mosa in that pic has been flying for well over a year now, I have the same gear in it and though I have other fancier planes in the hanger it's still my favorite to date. I would recommend a Formosa to anyone , it's not the nicest looking plane out there but after you get a few flights on one the rest is history.

I did move over to 2.4 , I have a DX7 radio now which features model match so taking off under another plane or helis program isn't going to happen again.
raynet11 is online now Find More Posts by raynet11
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Storage:
Old Dec 06, 2008, 03:53 AM
curtis
Canning Vale, Perth
Joined Mar 2008
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynet11
Silly mistake but for $26 for a slope kit I haven't found a better flying plane for the money. The Mosa in that pic has been flying for well over a year now, I have the same gear in it and though I have other fancier planes in the hanger it's still my favorite to date. I would recommend a Formosa to anyone , it's not the nicest looking plane out there but after you get a few flights on one the rest is history.

I did move over to 2.4 , I have a DX7 radio now which features model match so taking off under another plane or helis program isn't going to happen again.
The formosa is a good plane. I would reccommend it to experts only. Put the best parts in it to optimise performance. I heard it does good stunts.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:35 AM
curtis
Canning Vale, Perth
Joined Mar 2008
123 Posts
Pitty about your old Formosa. Remember not to repeat the same mistake with the new one. Please keep us informed about the progress of consyruction.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:06 PM
curtis
Canning Vale, Perth
Joined Mar 2008
123 Posts
Great to see that it still lasts.