SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 11, 2007, 07:21 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Oct 2006
2,391 Posts
Discussion
How many cells for a S280?

Im working on a simple 37" glider, and I want to use a speed 280 with Nicds...Yes I did say Nicds.. I got 10, 110mah cells, going to use 3 servos and a jeti 6 speed control with a speed 280 brushed spinning a 5x4.5 nonfolding prop (for now) I want it to have some thrust, just enough to keep it in the air. Im not going to do loops or any aerobatics....just building this plane to fly in circles to teach my buddy and possibly do some fund raising for a church. I want to use this ancient technology because its dirt cheap just in case if its crashed. I like teaching on underpowered birds to show people how little power is needed to keep a plane aloft..most people now days think you can ONLY fly with a brushless lithium set up.
Of course, my 3D foamie (with a BL-LI setup) is what made the pastor ask me if I would teach some kids to fly. I like helping people, any info gained here will help me out alot.
ziomatrixacs is offline Find More Posts by ziomatrixacs
to remove ads between posts