HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2002, 06:43 PM
RC-Nut-Job!
New York
Joined Jul 2001
970 Posts
Static or No Static on my LOGO-10 Don't want to Blow my Controller Again..

Hello All:

Question, am I headed for disater with this idear?

I'm using silver strip tape,from tail to the front were the motor would be.

Its 1 continues strip. And were ever i want to either use a brush type contact piont or just solder to a piont (Like motor)
and any other part I want to bond and ground.

I have some photo ( this idear is still proto type and is not completed) I just wanted to post the idear to see if it's worth doing.

After I bond everything I then will connect it to the Negative term on my battery lead to absorb any static that the Heli might produce.

I'm concerened that I might be doing something wrong, or I might turn my Heli into some type of lighting rod!

Am I on the right track at STOPPING static?
Or am I'm going to generate static?

Any thoughs ...
here's some photos to show what I'm doing.

Lv2Fly is offline Find More Posts by Lv2Fly
Last edited by Lv2Fly; Nov 01, 2002 at 07:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2002, 07:22 PM
Das Universus Elektrikus
NM, USA
Joined Mar 2002
3,309 Posts
It looks a little rough but if you get everything connected it will stop the discharges. I really dont think you need to put anything that will rub on the belt. Just get the tail boom connected to the motor and a mainshaft bearing. That is what worked for me. I put a metal pulley on my tail but I don't think it was necessary. No more ESC problems at all now.

Albig
Albig is offline Find More Posts by Albig