SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2007, 11:12 PM
Joined May 2007
13 Posts
Build Log
Dumas Deep Vee 20

Here are the photos I said I would put up on my building process. I did good at the begining of taking photos, today, I plained and glued the top sides on and forgot to take photos till after it was done.

The last photo is of the engine compartment. I coated it with epoxy. When mixing the epoxy I put in powedered aluminium to give it a gray tone. I also put in denatured alcohol. I mixed it and started to paint it on. I was going good till I noticed the 'paint' is foaming. I grabbed the container, it was realy hot. I was getting some kind of reaction and the epoxy was setting realy fast. So thats why the paint job is so clumpy.

Ill keep putting up the new photos as I make progress. I should have my motor on Tuesday.

PS
Give me a few to get the photos up. I dont know if I have to use HTML or if there will be an option for a slide show.
(If you take tons of photos and then have to resize them for things like this or to email them, try FastStone Photo resizer. It works great, lots of options and easy to use. Thats how I got my water mark.)
billyz7718 is offline Find More Posts by billyz7718
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2007, 11:17 PM
Joined May 2007
13 Posts
Photos With caption

Got the foundation squared out, ready to go.

Spot glued the stringers up.

The thicker part is where the motor will mount.

The nose is shimmed up to get some shape. The lines I drew helped out alot keeping things lined up.

Poped her off and looking good.

I later on splt the two keils and put a vertical center one.

I appoligize, I was getting carried away with this and forgot to take pictures. I glued the ply on. Then used a small block plane to trim the excess off. You get a much smoother finish using the plane over a dremel bit.

Fitted in the gas tank. Built a little frame for it. The stringer above the tank forward will be the only part permintly covered. I will have 3 compartments with screws holding on the covers.

45 min epoxy fully set in about 5 min. Dont use denatured alcohol.
Last edited by billyz7718; Jun 07, 2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Add caption to photos.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:03 AM
Joined May 2007
13 Posts
I have a question. Dont know if I should make a new thread. Ill try here.

See the gas tank. Its a dubro and has the protrusion part on the bottom. I have the tank in the way it is so the lowest point will be the protrusion and have the metal tubing curling around to hit that spot. I was thinking of drilling it and putting in a fitting so I take fuel right off the bottom of the tank.
Is this hard to do so it wont leak or should I do that and seal it up with some epoxy or keep it the way it is? What is my best bet?
Thanks.
-Bill
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:02 PM
Joined May 2007
13 Posts
Dont Reply To The Gas Tank Question Here, It Has Its Own Post.