HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2002, 03:38 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
Happy Halloween from Mr. Purple Cell..!

...Mr Purple Cell says "have a safe night.."

This is an experiment.....two packs each of 5 cells....in series as 10 cells for discharging through the motor....but able to charge each 5 cell pack separately on my Super Brain which doesn't like charging over 8 cells...

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2002, 03:50 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
..purple is the flavor of the month..!

....should provide close to 14 volts on start up....maybe..!

Bill
Old Oct 31, 2002, 04:11 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
San Mateo, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
5,007 Posts
we've been "purple moon'd"

--roger
RMihara is offline Find More Posts by RMihara
Old Oct 31, 2002, 04:13 PM
Vernon, BC, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
803 Posts
My wife is from the United States. When she came to Canada she didn't know we did fireworks on Halloween. To release the fireworks inside Mr. Purple Cell, insert left arm into right arm.
SheldonYoung is offline Find More Posts by SheldonYoung
Old Oct 31, 2002, 05:35 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SheldonYoung
My wife is from the United States. When she came to Canada she didn't know we did fireworks on Halloween. To release the fireworks inside Mr. Purple Cell, insert left arm into right arm.

ONLY ....if you also kick him in the a.s at the same time....

And with regard to that "mooned" comment .....yeah, he is looking rather cheeky in that shot ..!

Bill
Old Oct 31, 2002, 06:35 PM
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
...I like Azarr...!

I got another little pkg from Azarr today, www.ecubedrc.com and I must say...I like this company...their card says "quality products - quality service" , nice simple policy.
Anyway, the flexible wiring you see in the pictures above came from them and is listed as 16 gauge. Having done a lot of wiring in 35 years prior to retiring (two years ago TONIGHT as a matter of fact) I was surprised at the size of the wire...it appeared identical to 18 gauge that I used so much of. It was only when I trimmed the insulation off that I saw what was going on.....lots of wire, but very thin silacone insulation. So it definitely passes as 16 gauge as far as current capacity goes....has the name "castle creations" stamped on it.
Also got an assortment of APC props and at $2.30 and $2.60 each, these are good buys for we up north, even with our 60 cent dollar. I fail to see why they ask $6.89 plus taxes here for the same prop..! You break that sucker and you weep..! Got some of those clam shell motor mounts too for the 400 size...$3.00 for a pair, makes for an easy install...

Bill
Last edited by retiredVTT; Oct 31, 2002 at 06:37 PM.