HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2002, 03:30 PM
Westchester County, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Harbor Freight has Lightning on sale for $6.99

I guess they must sell quite a bit of these to keep on posting them in their email sales circular from time to time.
1/2 price sale @ $6.99
Looks like onestopgardens.com is a subsidiary of Harbor Freight\

http://www.onestopgardens.com/osg/ta...emnumber=42619
Danny Troy is offline Find More Posts by Danny Troy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2002, 03:49 PM
USA, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2002
1,902 Posts
Be aware there is a minimum S&H charge of $9.00.

Dave W.
Dave Wulff is offline Find More Posts by Dave Wulff
Old Oct 31, 2002, 03:59 PM
Thats NOT indestructible
London UK
Joined Apr 2002
1,448 Posts
Do you think they will ship to the UK

Josh
j8m8l is offline Find More Posts by j8m8l
Old Oct 31, 2002, 05:14 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
$9.00....WOW. I ordered several items that were on sale when I placed my last order. I guess that's why I didn't mind the shipping charge.

Ship to the UK......God, if they charge 9.00 shipping to a US address what might they charge to the UK???? I guess it's worth an email to them.
They do have some fantastic sale prices. I got a cordless drill from them on the last order that works great. 18volt I think...for less than 20.00. It's no heavy duty drill, but for light use it's great.
Old Oct 31, 2002, 06:55 PM
DNA
NE Ohio
Joined Jun 2001
3,311 Posts
ummm, except the Lightning has twin motors mounted on the wing.
DNA is offline Find More Posts by DNA
Old Oct 31, 2002, 07:02 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
Two planes; One name.
The one pictured, and the one from Harbor Freight & DWE are single motor as shown if the link in the first messge.
The twin engine Lightning is a Hobby Something product, and very different frrom the Harbor freight plane.
The Lightning pictured builds into 1 1/8 ounce 3-channel plane with RFFS gear, and has up to a 20 minute duration.
Mike Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Mike Taylor
Old Oct 31, 2002, 08:06 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1 Posts
RFFS GEAR

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Taylor
Two planes; One name.
The one pictured, and the one from Harbor Freight & DWE are single motor as shown if the link in the first messge.
The twin engine Lightning is a Hobby Something product, and very different frrom the Harbor freight plane.
The Lightning pictured builds into 1 1/8 ounce 3-channel plane with RFFS gear, and has up to a 20 minute duration.
Mike, I'm real interested in converting one of these into remote control. I'm kind of new to this so I have a few questions, what is the term RFFS gear mean exactly? I assume its a miniature flight pack? Where is the best place to get the micro equipment? Do you know if there are any threads explaining the conversion? If you can help in this area it would be greatly appreciated.

FIREDOG
FIREDOG is offline Find More Posts by FIREDOG
Old Oct 31, 2002, 09:51 PM
Buffalo, New York
Joined Jan 2002
1,024 Posts
FireDog,
The RFFS-100 is sold by my company at www.smallrc.com. We have a conversion article written by Greg Covey posted there also. The RFFS-100 is a flight system that uses magnet actuators is fully proportional, has a built in speed control and including the actuators weighs just over 4 grams. Take a look at the website and if you have any questions feel free to email us or call us Toll Free at 866-FLY-MICRO.

Regards,
Dan
DWE
www.smallrc.com
Toll Free: 1-866-FLY-MICRO
dhurd is offline Find More Posts by dhurd
Old Oct 31, 2002, 10:46 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Firedog,
I, like a lot of other people here on Ezone, can attest to the quality of DWE's RFFS-100 system. I have the system without the new enhanced chip, and my Lightning flys great. I just ordered the upgrade chip and it'll be that much better.
Converting the Lighting is really pretty easy, and can be done in one evening since it's very much an ARF.
I ordered the kit with the Lightning from DWE, and bought an extra from Harbor Freight, just in case. So far it's still sitting in the box since the Lightning usually bounces off things when it crashes. There's so little inerta that crashes cause very little damage. The only problem with these little planes is that you can't fly in any kind of wind conditions. I added a nose light and wingtip lights so I can fly at night, when the air is dead calm.