HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 03, 2007, 03:09 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,926 Posts
Discussion
Going to the field after all!

It's nice to know who your friends are.

The gentleman who gave me "Project Zero" called me at work on Friday night and had me on the phone for nearly a half an hour. He was concerned about what had happened to me with a frequency issue a couple of weeks ago which nearly set an elderly seasonal visitor at my throat. Look at my post titled "Of age and civility" to see what I mean.

It seems as if this fellow who wanted to go upside my head has crashed the planes of other flyers on several occasions by turning on his transmitter; he may have done the same thing to me in the past. I discussed "The Curse of Channel 50" in a previous post. He may well be the source! He was there the day my Flyzone Cessna suddenly and unexpectedly went into a hard right turn just before touchdown. The result effectively destroyed my plane. I'm not accusing him of anything, believe me. It's just that he didn't claim responsibility if he was in fact responsible, which I strongly suspect to be true.

As far as "Project Zero" is concerned, things are moving along nicely and I promise to upload pictures. The wing is repaired and the two halves rejoined properly. I've rebuilt the fuselage as best as I could (and it should work just fine despite a few missing pieces which I had to fabricate and since the damage was minimal) and I even fixed the broken tail. Best part is, I didn't need to replace any covering! I just tacked it back down with some Zap-a-Dap. Good as new. Literally. My friend told me that plane was fifteen seconds into its maiden flight when the crash occured. I'm tackling the cowl next.

Bless him, he's bringing the proper fuel tank and other necessary goodies with him tomorrow, including some glow engine support gear. He's refused payment for any of it. If I decide to go electric, he's suggested connecting two 2100 3S lipos in parallel. It just so happens that I have two (used to be three until a crash) of these packs. He's offered to solder up a harness. I am utterly speechless at this man's generosity.

Like I said, it's nice to know who your friends are.

I hope he at least lets me buy him a cuppa joe at Starbucks tomorrow morning before we hit the field!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Jun 03, 2007 at 03:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts