HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2001, 02:35 AM
Joined Mar 2001
47 Posts
Question about the flash 5x

I was looking in my tx and I found something. There is an extra contact switch in the flash 5x. It is just to the right of the dn/timer button and you can see it thru an access whole behind the front cover of the radio. You have to peel off the flash 5 system x sticker to see the access hole. You can also see it if you take off the back cover and then the pcb that holds the lcd display. (Opening this way probably voids your warranty) Anyhow, someone please tell me, I really really what to push that button. The curiosity is killing me. I can barely resist pushing it. Aaaaaggghhh. It is probably just a reset button, but I have to know.
jtthebiggafigga is offline Find More Posts by jtthebiggafigga
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2001, 02:47 AM
Austin, Texas USA
Joined Mar 2001
848 Posts
Hitec put a lot of developemnt into that radio. RC was becoming more popular and people were flying in more crowded areas. The chances of liability from out of control planes was rising. Among the original design ideas that didn't make it into production was that button you found, the "Self Destruct" button.
Whatever you do, don't push it.

Shawn
Eflightpower.com
sf_247 is offline Find More Posts by sf_247
Old May 26, 2001, 04:33 AM
Joined Mar 2001
47 Posts
I was hoping maybe it was an antenna launcher with rocket assist. It could be that I somehow got the james bond issue radio.
jtthebiggafigga is offline Find More Posts by jtthebiggafigga
Old May 26, 2001, 07:21 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Sluf and JT,
I thought the button sets the anti theft system. After you push it and they try to steal it, it gives them a shock....
You guys stay up too late on a Friday night!!
Later,
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old May 26, 2001, 11:14 AM
Napoleon, Ohio
Joined Dec 1996
727 Posts
And here I thought it kept all the "wet" planes from starting.

Keep 'em hummin'

Ray
Ray Lowinski is offline Find More Posts by Ray Lowinski
Old May 27, 2001, 10:14 AM
Old school newb
Iraq
Joined Feb 2001
840 Posts
Nah, you all got it wrong! Hitec developed the radio for pattern pilots who sucked and needed to cheat. You put the plane on the ground at the end of the runway, hit the button, and it takes off and flies through an aerobatic pattern! simple. press it again, and it brings it into automatic landing mode (full throttle, full down elevator). shows what you get when you cheat! heh.
PunkerTFC is offline Find More Posts by PunkerTFC