HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2007, 05:39 PM
Joined May 2007
124 Posts
Discussion
Got transmitter that cant even &#

Futaba transmitter, no crystal, 4 channel. I was t old by my uncle that the Futaba transmitter will n ot work with the plane Im buying. Is this t rue? If tha tis could someone please find me a cheap transmitter for cheap? ebay ect ect...
oscaryu1 is offline Find More Posts by oscaryu1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2007, 05:43 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,756 Posts
Type normal and you will get more responses.
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Jun 01, 2007, 05:45 PM
Wind blows
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2007
2,896 Posts
You need to do a little research on your own. Learn a bit about radios and then check out the fabulous for sale section of rcgroups.com. You can ask questions, but to ask people to find things for you is too much.
Laggard is offline Find More Posts by Laggard
Old Jun 01, 2007, 05:46 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,770 Posts
Without a chrystal, it won't work with ANY airplane you buy.

And unless the plane you intend on buying is prebuilt by some one and comes with a reciever it also won't work with what you buy.

If the plane is pre built and comes with a reciever then you have a 2/3 chance that the Futaba transmitter will work with what is in the plane IF you buy a chrystal for the transmitter, AND if you live in the US send it off to a repair center to be properly tuned.

Or by a complete ARF package with a Futaba radio and use what you have as a buddy box.
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Jun 01, 2007, 07:38 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
Call m-a-e and ask them in the Corona charger and recommended crystal, will work with your futaba radio. Just stick with one thread, just post your question and all of us will help you. I remembered that you will also need to get the micro antenna for the pico stick from M-A-E. your looking at $150 for everything except radio, and charger if you buy that complete package from mae that we were talking about.
flyin C is offline Find More Posts by flyin C
Old Jun 06, 2007, 07:25 AM
Joined May 2007
124 Posts
Well my uncle bought me a kit 2-3 days ago. With 5 servos. The plane is a foam type.. and it stinks te manual is in Chinese. I will need help (not reading chinese), cause some parts I have not seen before. I wil try to get a new transmitter, preferably on Ebay though. I would like one with a crystal for under $35 dollars, if possible. I will be returning to the US next tuesday. I will post pictures of the kit. I can tell that the servos will not last me a long time (cheap ones... 105YEN (around 3 bucks US). Uncle has same type and they shake alot. please help! thanks!
Old Jun 06, 2007, 07:54 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,770 Posts
oscary, we'd realy like to help you but you aren't making a whole lot of sence.

And, you don't know what you are doing or what you have but you know it's junk.

Don't buy anything else from anywhere else until you can post some pictures of what you already have so we can see exactly what you need to get started properly.
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Jun 06, 2007, 08:52 AM
Joined May 2007
124 Posts
OK I will post pics within 7 days (dont have the camera in taiwan right now)
Old Jun 07, 2007, 12:53 PM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,541 Posts
If you want a good, no frills, inexpensive transmitter and receiver, go to the Horizon Hobby site and look at the replacement transmitters and receivers for their Typhoon 2. The transmitter is around $30 and the receiver is around $26.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Jun 07, 2007, 01:29 PM
Wind blows
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2007
2,896 Posts
BP Hobbies also has Art-Tech transmitters new for $30. The all you need is a $15 GWS pico receiver.
Laggard is offline Find More Posts by Laggard