HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2007, 03:19 PM
USA
Joined Apr 2004
135 Posts
Discussion
More bad news for Ductedfans.com

I was just about to order a Jepe F-16 from Ductedfans.com glad I did not do it! I will go direct to Mr. Jepe himself and pay the freight!!

http://www.jepe.org/index.htm

Jepe (sad)news may 2007:

CAUTION !

after first warning last year we now must warn our USA customers again for shameful behaviour of our ex-agent/dealer: Ductedfans.com

This company is NOT anymore a dealer of JePe products for a long time but for some reason he can not stop selling you lies about JePe products. Strategy of the owner of Ductedfans.com is to harm potential JePe customers as hard as he can by putting them on waiting list for products that he will never receive from us! Instead of minding his own commercial business he is trying to harm us by keeping you on a leash: do NOT make any advance payments and please forget his waitinglist. Also the product information which he copied/stolen from our website is often altered and inaccurate: he is continuous disregarding our copyrights. After several warnings to the owner of ductedfans.com he is still carrying on his damaging strategy and therefore I felt it right to warn you for the scandalous behaviour of this company and particularly its owner Mr. Morris Brady. Damage done over the past year is hard to be measured but with your support to the 'real JePe' it will be possible to concentrate on the future of electric flight again.

Thank you for your support, Jean-Paul Schlosser
HABU is offline Find More Posts by HABU
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2007, 03:43 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Aug 2002
1,232 Posts
Satisfied Customer

I don't know what this about, but I can tell you that all the business I have done with Ductedfans has always been first class.
Everything has been delivered on time and exactly as represented.
I have no affiliation with Ductedfans - just a satisfied customer

Wade
Wade Joos is offline Find More Posts by Wade Joos
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2007, 04:34 PM
See the Fur Fly
Dayton, OH
Joined Oct 2006
926 Posts
I think his intentions are good, but perhaps with a serious case of "P" in the MBTI aptitude test for structure and detail.
FNFAL is offline Find More Posts by FNFAL
Last edited by FNFAL; Jun 03, 2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2007, 05:55 AM
Lansing, MI
Joined May 2002
209 Posts
I have had excellent[QUOTE] results dealing with ducted fans.com. I don't know what this flap is all about but it sure does not square with my experience with them
JLLayton is online now Find More Posts by JLLayton
Old Jun 01, 2007, 09:31 AM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,673 Posts
must be this;
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Captain Canardly; Oct 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2007, 09:34 AM
Mobile, Alabama
Joined Nov 2004
140 Posts
I have had nothing but great service from Ductedfans. Morris is a pleasure to deal with.

Billy
ilike2fly is offline Find More Posts by ilike2fly
Old Jun 01, 2007, 10:01 AM
Swarthmore, PA 19081
Joined Dec 2004
2,842 Posts
Just deal with Jepe directly, should solve your problems. Doug
Doug Bateman is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bateman
Old Jun 01, 2007, 10:24 AM
USA
Joined Apr 2004
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bateman
Just deal with Jepe directly, should solve your problems. Doug
Yeah that is what I will do. Mr.Morris may mean well but he should not say he has it in stock if that is not the case!! Mr.Jepe sounds pissed!

http://www.ductedfans.com/jets_elect...%20Spider.html

they list a ton of neat toys but how much of it is vapourware???
HABU is offline Find More Posts by HABU
Old Jun 01, 2007, 11:40 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
About a year ago Jean Paul told me personally (when I paid him a visit) he was irritated by an American shop which was selling his models even before he was contacted for permission/dealership . I guess it must be him .

I should be too!

Erik
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Jun 01, 2007, 02:58 PM
Look out! The lever!
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Feb 2005
2,619 Posts
My first dealing with DuctedFans.com were fine. My last dealing with DuctedFans.com were far less than stellar; absolutely unacceptable in fact. It was at that time I decided to shop elsewhere.

...bob
bobthenuke is offline Find More Posts by bobthenuke
Old Jun 01, 2007, 08:08 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,086 Posts
My experience was awful. Product not as pictured/described. Morris said no problem and I would be fully reimbursed plus my shipping back to him. However, when I returned it I was charged a re-stocking fee and no help on the shipping back. I had to dispute the charge on my credit card after dealing with him for 2 months and getting nowhere. No products and no service. I'd never do business with them again.

Tumbler
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Jun 01, 2007, 10:25 PM
mid west
Joined Jan 2002
668 Posts
We are saddened that a company we have dealt with for years is in a desperate financial situation. Unfortunately, JePe is grasping at straws and trying to find a way to make more sales for himself in any manner he can achieve it. DuctedFans.com has worked with Jepe Jets for years. We have been the US distributor and are still Jepeusa.com. This is all with the agreement of JePe. What you see here is an unethical business practice. Anyone knows that if you sell a reseller large volumes of your products at a time, that it is for the purpose of resale. JePe would like to have large infusions of cash from people buying his products in bulk and still have all the individual sales besides. We find it perplexing that he says DuctedFans has not been his reseller for over a year, when he, twice over the course of the past 4 months approached us to buy him out. We have agreed to do so on both occasions, only to have him later rescind his offer. On his third attempt, we agreed then decided to rescind our counter offer. Now, he posts these things on his web site. Anyone who has communicated with, and or purchased from JePe knows that he is a challenge to deal with. If you have been checking his site, you will see that he said he was the only place to buy the latest versions of his products. That notice disappeared for at least a month while he was trying to get us to buy him out. Now, it has reappeared with a vengeance. By the way, if you go back through the posts, you will find where we were the first ones to show the JePe A4 with the fiberglass wing. We approached JePe about making a fiberglass wing for his A4 and pyhrana because customers wanted it. He gave us the first fiberglass A4 wings with retracts that we had (check the posts).
Nonevents like this post are unfortunate, we still have a healthy stock of JePe products in stock...what are we to do?

DuctedFans.com / Jepeusa.com
Ductedfann is offline Find More Posts by Ductedfann
Old Jun 01, 2007, 10:56 PM
mid west
Joined Jan 2002
668 Posts
For all of you touting negative experiences, it is not appropriate to respond to each of you in turn. Even if we could, most of you are doing this anonymously, so who knows what the fact are, if any. But just a shout out to D.B., I don't mean to embarrass you or your family. That said, you know who was wrong, if not, maybe you should check with your father. You know, the man who not only personally apologized on you behalf, but has continued to be a good customer of ours. But enough of that.

You guys know what it is like to try to buy the best products from specialty manufacturers. It can take months, even years Axel S., to get one jet at times. Imagine trying to get 20 or more at a time. It takes a lot of work and patience to deal with these people. However, understand this, no matter what anyone out there says, I do not say I have any of these items in stock unless I do or we have sold out and have not had the chance to update the page. Also, we have never taken money for a product that we did not have in stock (unless it was a single item from a larger order and we were expecting it immediately). The way to challenge that is to buy the products and check your front porch.

By the way, after years of carrying JePe products, he finally mentions us on his website. A little late, but thanks for the free advertising.

Morris "No guy in my neighborhood ever wore a skirt"
Ductedfann is offline Find More Posts by Ductedfann
Old Jun 02, 2007, 08:37 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,503 Posts
All of this comes at a time I'm considering placing a substantial (for me) order with Morris. Not ever having dealt with either DuctedFans or JePe, I find myself in a quandry. To paraphrase Hamlet...

To buy or not to buy....
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck
Old Jun 02, 2007, 09:34 AM
Sebastian Fla
Joined Nov 2005
600 Posts
I suggest you phone your order in. I have had NO trouble ordering from Morris directly over the phone. Here is the gottcha, it's a bear to get him on the phone (day job as I understand). It took me several days of trying (we played telephone tag for a while) to finally get on the phone with him. I have never tried to order directly off his web site so I cannot speak to that aspect of his business.

I personally would have no hesitation to spend any amount of money with Morris, provided I speak with him and verify what is in stock and if it will work for my needs. I personally have purchased a JEPE Pyrinna (about a year ago), Lehner motor 1950-11D, Schulbeler DS51, etc at different times. Each purchase was made over the phone and was exactly what and how it was represented and delivered very quickly, ordered and received in the same week (OH to FL). This is not a hard sell for Ducted Fans or Morris personally, it is only my experience and opinion.

Regards,
Leonard
Lboogie is offline Find More Posts by Lboogie