HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 09, 2007, 09:02 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I'm afraid it's exactly the same here in the UK Jason. Draw some comfort that in the US you don't have to put the unbelievable idiocy known as the European Convention on Human Rights which unprincipled lawyers (now there's an oxymoron for you) basically seem able to demonstrate that if you're a criminal you can say it's your right to behave as you like but as a victim you have no rights whatsoever.

If someone carries out a criminal act against me I'd like to think it was my right to bust his head but no, it'll be me in the slammer on charges of assault!
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2007, 12:30 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,889 Posts
I haven't seen it said explicitly here, but Paypal now has a system which creates a temporary Mastercard number with a very short expiration date (something like 30 days out) that allows a Paypal user to shop on sites that don't accept Paypal. The temporary credit card info has nothing to do with the buyers private account information, so even if it were intercepted, the buyer and their personal funding information is never available to the pirate. The credit card info will validate properly for the seller and Paypal will make the payment, then after the sale the temporary credit card self-destructs.

Pretty neat and very safe for the buyer!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 10, 2007, 01:45 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,203 Posts
Tom yet another feather in the hat of paypal and another reason in my book to use it.

Jason
FresnoJay is online now Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:56 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
But I've noticed that there're quite a few posts posted on another forums of R/C Group talking about payments have been lost or accounts have been double charged, and seems to be helpless.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:12 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
But I've noticed that there're quite a few posts posted on another forums of R/C Group talking about payments have been lost or accounts have been double charged, and seems to be helpless.

Chen
Most of these involve either an unscrupulous seller using the virtual terminal or in private parties where the buyer or seller gets scammed. Rarely do ye hear of people having issues with reputable companies offering paypal as a payment method. Lost payments just don't happen that easy when the payment system is integrated with the online shopping cart. OSCommerce is a free PHP based online store software that easily integrates with the paypal system so that orders get flagged properly when a payment is complete.

There are far more forums out there warning people against faxing in a credit card number to any place overseas and your credit card company is not going to do much to help you if and when you do willingly fax your information anywhere.

I find it hypocritical of you to say that paypal is not safe enough when what you currently ask people to do is far more risky and unsupported by credit card companies.

I'd love to see this program in effect but until I can browse an online site and securely pay from that site I will steer clear.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2007, 02:59 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
I'd love to see this program in effect but until I can browse an online site and securely pay from that site I will steer clear.

Steve

And that's the point Chen - GWS unwillingness to follow up what was actually a good idea is losing you business.

I might add its also not doing much for GWS credibility.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:58 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
I have been trying to source GWS HD and DD propellers for more than 2 months. I have converted all of our clubs indoor flyers to them, but the importer is not holding stock, let alone the hobby shops. I used to bring them in from UH, but they have been out of stock for 2 months as well.

No F15's are available at any of the LHS, I have spoken to the local importer as well, but they are not bringing any in this year. Maybe next year. EDF fans are also unavailable.

Sadly it seems to me that the hobby shops are pushing higher ticket items. Also the perception that APC props are better is difficult to overturn when there are no alternatives. Strange really when you consider the worlds indoor FPP championships almost to the last man use GWS propellers.

I have emailed to apply for Lonely Bird out of desperation.... cant fly my Clik currently... no more props....

I dont mind using CC, I am a desparate man!
kyalamikid is offline Find More Posts by kyalamikid
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:33 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,700 Posts
kyalamikid,

I'll try to take care of your mail. Read your PM.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:20 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalamikid
Sadly it seems to me that the hobby shops are pushing higher ticket items. Also the perception that APC props are better is difficult to overturn when there are no alternatives. Strange really when you consider the worlds indoor FPP championships almost to the last man use GWS propellers.
It would help if they would just stop making orange ones... that's all I see at my nearest LHS, if they have any at all!
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:56 AM
Kyalami, South Africa
Joined Jun 2006
1,509 Posts
Thanks Chen, I have replied.

Tom, I actually like the orange.... but they make a range of black as well.... The DD and HD range are brilliant, low amp draw for thrust ratio... Pity they are so difficult to get hold of.
kyalamikid is offline Find More Posts by kyalamikid
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:11 AM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalamikid

Tom, I actually like the orange.... but they make a range of black as well.... The DD and HD range are brilliant, low amp draw for thrust ratio... Pity they are so difficult to get hold of.
I'm a big fan of the GWS DD/HD props... I use them on most all of my planes (the gray or black ones). What is missing from them are more variations in pitch for the different diameters, and shaft inserts so I don't have to drill them out to use with my collet adaptors on all my motors. I'd also like to see them made a bit stiffer. There were supposed to be a bunch of new sizes coming, but I've yet to see any.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 04:29 PM
Registered VOICE
R, W, and B
Joined Sep 2007
197 Posts
Check here for new 3 blade props in various sizes:
http://www.caliberhobby.com/propellers.html

Caliber Hobby = Lonely Birds
And PayPal is preferred.
rationalV is offline Find More Posts by rationalV
Old Oct 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalV
Check here for new 3 blade props in various sizes:
http://www.caliberhobby.com/propellers.html

Caliber Hobby = Lonely Birds
And PayPal is preferred.

Shipping is not the fastest if you don't specify faster though

I just ordered from them last week Friday the 19th, I took the free shipping for over 50.00 purchase....i just got informed by ups the package will be there on friday the 26th....7 days

I get stuff from Mountain Models in 3 and ToddsModels in about the same amount of time

but...it was free so I am not complaining nor am I upset...I didn't want to build this last week ...just stating what should be known.

and yes Caliber is a very easy site and user friendly...they have alot of GWS product in stock...so just be warned if time is your enemy check the shipping times and costs.....if its not...do what I did and spend over 50.00 and just have patience till it arrives.

Chuck

PS they do have alot of Great Deals....and I will of course purchase there again.
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Oct 25, 2007, 09:11 PM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWarriorBelgy
<<...PS they do have alot of Great Deals....and I will of course purchase there again.>>
Great suggestion - this should be in the deals section of RCGroups!

The B-2 SG for $20 looks like the bargain of the year, especially for modders. $25 for some (strange spec?) EDF55s with it. Or the C47 for $40.
http://www.caliberhobby.com/closeouts.html
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
Joined Sep 2007
65 Posts
All of us must love this GWS space for something we can always share with each other and a lot of smart guys here to make very constructive words with valuable info to be of help business. Of course, there’s one-zee two-zee leech flattering around for Gimmy.
My friend asks me to review those back date old year pages in this forum last evening. I’d also like to ask all of you to travel back to experience things in your memory. There you will find a lot of things so familiar and going on repeatedly!
All of sudden I woke up; I found that we were always in a coco’s nest! We buy cost effectiveness and not cheap stuffs; but things never being improved. So, I have to make up my mind and deceide to take off from a sinking paradise for somewhere to find goodies from others.
Bill Young is offline Find More Posts by Bill Young