HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:04 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Garlonbs,

They could contact order@gwsus.com or www.granddistribution.com for this matter if they're in USA. Otherwise, just contact order@gws.com.tw
or export@gws.com.tw

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2007, 04:49 PM
Joined Jun 2006
158 Posts
Airwarrior, thanks for the offer mate but i found some orange ones at caliberhobby.com I'm going to test them tonight. Somone in another thread said those were the old ones that press on but they look identical to the black pair that came with the kit.
garlonbs is offline Find More Posts by garlonbs
Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:32 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
the old ones will more than likely not work.
the black new ones have a wider shft size and a set screw. The old ones just pressed onto the stock Brushed motor shafts.....of course there may be some new style orange ones but I plead ignorance to that.

if you get the old style and manage to adapt them ..please post a thread on how you did it, and throw a link up in here if you wouldn't mind.

Chuck

PS your very welcome too, and the offer is still open if you find ya need one before they are back in stock
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:55 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
his new thread which concern about: Discussion - Where have all the GWS planes gone?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745712
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:21 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=745712&page=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalV
This is a worldwide problem!

GWS, please quit blaming distributors and step up to the plate...
In USA, pls check with GWS USA.
USA Dealership Inquiry: sales@gwsus.com
USA Customer Service: service@gwsus.com

All other countries: Worldwide Dealer Inquiry: export@gws.com.tw
Worldwide GWS On Demand: order@gws.com.tw
Worldwide Customer Service: service@gws.com.tw

In China, Dealer Inquiry, GWS On Demand & Customer Service: china@gws.com.tw

Pls tell us, let's fix the supply gape of shrotage!
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:23 PM
Joined Jun 2006
158 Posts
Orange Fans

Finally getting around to posting my results with the caliber orange replacement fans for my 262. The plane flew great and fans work fine. Going to have to do some work for ventilation on this thing as my lipo was pretty warm but thats just carving foam. Everyone at my field loves this thing. In fact a member had a turbine out the other day when I was there. The guests were all over that while all the club pilots wanted to see the 262. $250.00 vrs $12,000.00 go figure
garlonbs is offline Find More Posts by garlonbs
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:38 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I am glad to hear that you got treated right.

Enjoy your Me262!

Show them what GWS is!
Old Oct 09, 2007, 01:51 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
There is quite clearly an opportunity to sell parts that it is not worthwhile for the dealer to stock. It may even be that people are prepared to pay the shipping on full S/G or NPS kits that they can't buy in their own countries.

However saying "please contact ......" won't get you the business. I want to be able to go to the "GWS factory shop" online store and browse all the GWS parts, I want to be able to put those I need in my shopping basket and pay using a secure payment system

This is a business opportunity with a pretty low entry cost - if you already hold the parts inventory all you need is a suitable online trader website set-up - already available commercially and staff to man (maybe only one or two initially).

This thread is on its seventh page, I don't think anybody has said it isn't a good idea and many have said "do it".

So when are you going to do it?

I have to be in a real need to go to the hassle of contacting GWS Taiwan, especially because I don't like their insecure payment system.

On the other hand if I'm browsing a site like United Hobbies/Hobby City I almost always make an impulse purchase/spend more than I intended/discover something I didn't know I need but do etc etc. I'm sure it would be the same with a GWS site (why am I telling you this )

Lonely Birds is nothing but an idea, it doesn't exist, it doesn't offer anything we can't already get. Set up a trading post or please stop talking about it -its a waste of a "sticky" space
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Oct 09, 2007, 02:17 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Roger,

I'm afraid that we have to apply the current way for processing the orders coming from Lonely Bird program for this time being, as the Payxxx system might not be as better as what you expect.

I've noticed that some friends have had problems when applying Payxxx with some vendors including what you mentioned.

Yes, we have to further work for setting up something like an online GWS Shop. Currently, you could view this link finding out spare parts of GWS birds, http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...rfly_price.htm and this link for EDF parts, http://www.gwsus.com/english/product.../edf_parts.htm . State what you'd like to have on your mail enabling GWS to let the Lonely Bird know the retail prices and shipping/handling cost.

Chen
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Oct 09, 2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2007, 02:53 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Thank you for that Chen.

I'm sure you understand though that I'm much more likely to spend more money if its easy for me to do and I don't have to send email enquiring about prices and shipping and then wait for response.

There are so many online secure transaction systems and I'm sure that what is probably the biggest online trading system in the world - eBay - wouldn't be able to have most of its traders using PayPal if it wasn't about as good as it gets - yes, there have been problems but personally the one or two issues (in literally hundreds and hundreds of times I've used it) I've had have been resolved quickly. But there's also WorldPay - there's lots and I'm sorry my friend but I don't accept that concerns about security of these payment systems is a reason not to set the site up. At least none of them require me to contravene the conditions of use or recommendations for use of my credit card companies whereas your cranky system does.
Old Oct 09, 2007, 06:38 AM
Gloves are awkward
Preston, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,203 Posts
GWS,

Please listen to Rogers very wise words
ipjodan is online now Find More Posts by ipjodan
Old Oct 09, 2007, 07:14 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,704 Posts
Roger,

At least Paxxxx has not been applied by most e-Bay members in Taiwan. It'd be one of the good payment systems, but may not be as better as credit card or S.W.I.F.T. Making money transfer thru banks via SWIFT has been the safest way so far for protecting your privacy and informations, but you have to pay your bank more $$$ extra for their commission and charges which would probably be a waste of your order. Paying by your credit card would be cheaper and much easier though you're worrying about something important.

Would you let me know why using another payment systems can be safer, and how they protect your informations, and if their protections really work for users. I'm afraid that signing an agreement on line could not protect yourself practically when needed. If you really care about that I'd like to recommend you using SWIFT instead. It's been accepted by most banks worldwide as the safest way for remitting money internationally.

Kensp has suggested on another thread using a second credit card or a debit card for online deals only. It's a great idea, and you could ask the card issuing bank to limit the drawing amount on each deal for better protection.

Chen
Old Oct 09, 2007, 07:30 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Chen I have a prepaid Visa I use for online use only. Point is well known companies like paypal have a well know and very secure system. Not only that but Paypal is like having another line of defense against fraud or suspicious charges. More people would be willing to use a company that is WELL known to most than partially known or head of by few.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Oct 09, 2007, 08:04 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Chen,

I don't know how the bad guys in Taiwan have managed to do it - these conditions are good enough for me:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...p-info-outside

and as a double check I can set the PayPal to use a credit card with a low limit on it.

I've had no problem using PayPal with suppliers in Taiwan, Vietnam, Hong Kong and mainland China. Not even USA where we all know we really have got a bunch of crooks and rogues!! JOKE GUYS!!
Old Oct 09, 2007, 08:28 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
I too have used paypal for purchases in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and in China with no problems what so ever. Roger you are right though, there are alot of crooks and thieves here in the US that have nothing better to do then find ways of doing nothing and getting money. Rather sad actually.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay