SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 04, 2007, 02:10 AM
brennanj2
Australia
Joined Mar 2005
380 Posts
Hi Phil,

I would also like to put a good word in for Neil at Planecrazy Hobbies see post 5. I have been using him for a couple of years . Good service and reasonable prices. Most war planes being about $75 au and stuff arrives in 3 or 4 days.

John
brennanj2 is offline Find More Posts by brennanj2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2007, 07:53 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Since Early Bird is offered the latest airplanes and GWS products, so sent itemes by EMS which is the most expensive way.

However, in the mean while, RC model magazines' editors also get new products to be reported sooner!

As "Lonely Birds" which GWS is try to help those flyers who unluckly live in thsoe where unable to get any GWS products.

The exist products may not need to be sent by EMS to reduce the shipping cost.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jun 11, 2007, 02:05 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
706 Posts
Hey Mr Lin,

This sounds like a great idea. I am living in the UAE, and although you have an agent here, they very rarely have stock of planes at any given time. I know they keep a lot of EDF fan units (not sure why) they have a lot of servo's, and they have some other small parts like hinges and connectors. But they always have these awful 'pirated', low-quality balsa kits that look awful, fly worse and are just bad deals.
I would love to have some more GWS kits, but I cannot be bothered to order and then wait until they have a group order, and then wait for slow shipping. I have just ordered a corsair kit from tower hobbies and the cost of the plane was US$55, the shipping is going to be in the region of US25$ and it has taken 5 days already, and I suspect another 5 before it reaches me, i(it will still probably be cheaper than buying from the agents) ...it would drive me nuts if I had to wait for a replacement fuse that long, and know I am gettting stiffed on the shipping too...
Mr Lin, whatever plan you have for Lonely Birds, I am a volunteer.....a guinea-pig at your disposal
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
Old Jun 11, 2007, 05:52 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
May be the club's members can buy GWS products together for save the shipping cost!

However, pls support the dealers arround you, teach them how wounderful to be having GWS products!

Push them instock GWS products!
Old Jun 11, 2007, 01:30 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
706 Posts
Mr Lin,

I always try to get them to stock planes, but they always want us to place orders, easier for me to get on the internet.
How can I be an online dealer for you?
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:10 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,690 Posts
Would you contact nicole@gws.com.tw , She'd be pleased to further help you.

Chen
GWS CHEN is online now Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:28 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga
Mr Lin,

I always try to get them to stock planes, but they always want us to place orders, easier for me to get on the internet.

You are welcome to be the next sucessful GWS dealer!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Lonely Birds may be as a practical trainning to be next GWS dealer?

You may help yourself to get GWS products, in the mean while help the others who sorround you!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:40 PM
Sky shepherd
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
yup i gave up on my vendors already,
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Old Jun 17, 2007, 08:44 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Local flying club staffs may consider to help your club members put orders together to get shipping or mailing cost down!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 03:05 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Mr Lin,

I don't believe you need to do any convincing of the benefits - you just need to set up an online store (for which I believe commercial software exists) and a secure payment system Again I believe there are commercial organisations who will handle this for you.

I'll still use my local importer and LHS when they import what I want but it must be obvious that you, the manufacturer, should be able to outgun any importer when it comes to stock range and availability.

In my experience EMS shipping of larger items from Taiwan is competitive but clearly normal airmail will work well for smaller packages and I wouldn't mind waiting for two weeks for airmail delivery of larger packages (kits) if the price was even better than Taiwan/Europe EMS price.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Jun 18, 2007, 03:19 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,378 Posts
Heck most online stores are run off of open source software called OSCommerece. It's well put together and give incredible flexibility. As for payment systems, yeah there are some out there that plug into most shopping cart systems for online stores. The important part is SSL security.

I agree with roger, no sales pitch needed just a good online store that's secure.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:32 PM
Sky shepherd
Singapore
Joined Dec 2005
662 Posts
Yes GWS should have their own online store, i strongly believe they would do well. I for one will not wait for my LHS..i think by the time they bring in my AT-6, i would be flying an EB A-4
UH-1H is offline Find More Posts by UH-1H
Old Jun 21, 2007, 06:21 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Ray will on the way to China factory at this weekend.

A few new sales staffs will arrive in the mean while.

GWS try to eastablish this new policy to assist GWS flyers get products in any place!

We are sorry for there still so many GWS flyers unable to get GWS products on time, even get it!

Wish this may fix the gape!
Old Jun 24, 2007, 02:03 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
706 Posts
Lonely bird will fly soon

Hi Mr Lin,

I sent an email to Nicole, and May sent me a confirmation of my EB application.
I went to the local dealer again the other day, and he informed me that there are very few requests for GWS kits, as many people want the larger kits, especially 3D planes and there are very few YOUNG, new flyers being introduced to the sport. I agree with him that it is risky to stock many models, but I also think that getting more young people involved in the hobby would help see more sales. None of the suppliers here have an online presence here either, so they limit themselves to local 'walk-in' customers. I will try to set up an online action here to help youngsters start up. Maybe even a small 'flying school' to get more people interested in the hobby.
GWS does make it possible to do this, I will report on the feedback that I get.

Thanks