SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 03:50 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Thanks for your wisedom advise.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Feb 22, 2009 at 03:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:34 PM
Der Flieger kommt schnell
Staten Island
Joined Jun 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
NPS will keep going. But just sell not much qty.

The ex-cheif sales had advised me 95% volume should be RTF.

He told me due to GWS did not supply RTF, so the sales decreased.

I prefer promote NPS, but he said that NPS had no profit, big box but very little money compared with RTF....

He said the big qty moved to RTFs.
Mr. Lin,
Is this the same guy who made me and my LHS wait for 3 months before I can get a GWS Corsair and ME109 last year???
WWIFlyin'Ace is offline Find More Posts by WWIFlyin'Ace
Old Feb 22, 2009, 02:55 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Sound advice, but unfortunately the voice of a customer so less likely to be heard!

A strategy of focusing on RTF only would be the end for GWS. Look at who is prospering (or at least continuing to introduce new and interesting models) and learn from them. E-Flite might be a good place to start.

Airframes and in particular unpainted airframes are what GWS does well and where it has a niche market. If they're not profitable then put the price right. All the motors, esc, servos, rx's, tx's are just "me too" stuff - they certainly aren't better value, they aren't discernably better quality (in some cases they're discernably worse) and no-one would miss them if they weren't there. Unlike the airframes which many of us will miss when they're no longer available.

The run of EDF jets with unreliable powerplants was a killer. If GWS had stuck to what they already did well things might have been different. I'd have bought a Hurricane for a start. Expect to see one from one of the mainstream competition this year. And I'm spending money on WWI bipes from a competitor - another range that GWS blew a lot of wind about but never brought to fruition despite being demonstrably the best designer/manufacturer of foamy bipes in the market, with the PicoMoth and TM400, planes which must have been not only amongst their best sellers but best sellers in the whole park flyer market.

Ah me

Quote:
Originally Posted by isvana
Well, I know what I would do!
Retail chain:
- Regular kits: only NPS (don't bother with SG or brushed motors)
- Trainer kits: bundle with motor / ESC / Battery / maybe cheapTX with trainer cord - with connectors in place so no soldering! - "learn the fun of building as well as flying!". Provide NPS kits as "Spare airframe" but also for kitbashers.
- Brushed motor line: minimize. Consider phasing out. These are "last decade".
- Brushless motors: consider in a bundled motor+ESC combo and bundled flight pack for the NPS kits to minimize inventory.
- Servos: relaunch as an alternative to Hitec.

R&D:
- Electrics: take a long hard look at what sells and what doesn't. What to do about 2.4GHz? License / take over a smaller player like Airtronics or XPS?
- Batteries: jump ahead of LiPo curve; maybe move to LiFEPo4 with appropriate ESC and charger support
- Airframes: what GWS is famous for. Ensure revisions / updates / new models on a regular shedule to keep interest in GWS in shops. Take note that GWS retail decline matches reduced output of new models. Note that jets are not the saviour of GWS.

Just my 2c
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Feb 22, 2009, 03:08 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIFlyin'Ace
Mr. Lin,
Is this the same guy who made me and my LHS wait for 3 months before I can get a GWS Corsair and ME109 last year???

How came like that?

GWS USA have Corsair and ME109 in stock.

Sorry to hear that caused your inconvenience.

I believe that there must be something wrong.

Which is the LHS that you said? We like to let our sales staff contact them to see what's happend? How to fix the supply on time.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 07:19 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
39 Posts
Now thats news Roger!!! who's bringing out the Hurricane? and tell me its a Hawker Hurricane and not some other thing with wings???
fenno is offline Find More Posts by fenno
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:25 AM
Bourg-en-Bresse, FRANCE
Joined Mar 2005
407 Posts
hello!
where can my friend find a bottom wing for his PT17 GWS ?
thanks,
Bye,
sebsoupe
sebsoupe is offline Find More Posts by sebsoupe
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:58 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Chewy,

Would you let me know whom you contacted months ago. Normally my colleagues reply to the mails from lonely birds quickly unless they do not receive your answers when something need to be further confirmed by you. Just ask my colleagues to apply registered mail instead if you do have shipping charge issue.
There have been many GWS dealers in Malaysia and Singapore, suggest you to contact them for buying the parts instead. The shipping cost will not be an issue again if you do so. They could place order for your needs quickly if they do not stock what you need.

Chen

Mr. Chen,

Somehow or other, the thread din't update me with regards to this post of yours (No. 220) in asnwer to my post (No. 219 ). Ayway, I cannot tell you who it was as the mail has been deleted recently by a system virus. ANyway, the Malaysian dealers don't carry much in terms of spares. Neither do the ones in Singapore.

If you are still willing to help after this long please let me know.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Mar 18, 2009, 02:20 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Hi Chewy,

Would you contact service@gws.com.tw for what you could not find out in Malaysia and Singapore.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:35 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Hope not easy... "A"
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:39 PM
nsg
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard

If GWS had stuck to what they already did well things might have been different. I'd have bought a Hurricane for a start. Expect to see one from one of the mainstream competition this year....
Well, what do you know. A certain Czech company known for fine detailed kits announced they will be making a Hurricane.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Old Aug 17, 2009, 03:48 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=470
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK_Cub
I'm happy with GWS - I have a Beaver, TM400, PT17 and BN2. I think GWS needs to get a handle on their distribution channels and then offer the Estarter and Formosa as RTF's (or PNP's) and kits.

Most people starting out in this hobby start with RTF's (I did, HZ Supercub). By providing an entry point, they can build customer familiarity with their products and move them into their kits (not everyone may like building, but these are so easy to assemble I would think moving new customers into the kits wouldn't be a problem). Get 'em started on your product, build some loyalty and they'll probably stay with you (GWS has an advantage here since they offer a pretty wide assortment of models). Most newbies after some experience, want to modify and GWS is a good path for putting together a model the way you want it... Attracting new customers and building loyalty is key here...

My 2 cents from the "peanut gallery"...
Thanks your suggestion DC Cub.

When you can not get GWS?
In USA, Pls contact:
service@gwsus.com

Or you can go on www.caliberhobby.com buy on line from them.

All other countries: service@gws.com.tw

In China, HK and Macao: china@gws.com.tw

That's why that we try to fix the gape in this way.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
What I had posted in the beginning of this thread:

Quote:
GWS will planning to to work on a new programe similar to Early Birds.

The "Lonely Birds" will provide GWS products to anyone GWS flyer arround the world under the following conditions:

1. There did not have an importer in your country sell GWS.

2. The importer do not carry the exactly items of GWS products you need.

3. The importer out of stock for a long time for such items, yet did not booking to GWS so far.

Wish this will make every one happy to get GWS products on time in any conners of the world!

The detail, pls contect GWS service@gws.com.tw

Will be post on GWS web soon.
GWS will not try to take away GWS dealers business!

We just try to fill the gape of short supplied items, where that GWS flyers unable to get from LHS in time!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:15 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,701 Posts
Quote:
What I had posted in the beginning of this thread:

GWS will not try to take away GWS dealers business!

We just try to fill the gape of short supplied items, where that GWS flyers unable to get from LHS in time!
For US-based GWS fans, why can we not get parts directly from GWS-USA instead of GWS in Taiwan?????

And if you still suggest using your "cloaked" Caliber Hobby as our source, why can you not fix their outrageous $10 minimum shipping cost for small parts????

Why won't you address this issue instead of merely restating the same old gibberish?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:06 PM
United States, TN, Bartlett
Joined May 2005
75 Posts
Parts for my PT 17 Stearman

I need right and left fuselage parts and radial dummy engine part
Where can I purchase these from? I have not been able to locate these parts.
ssrobzoom is offline Find More Posts by ssrobzoom
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2009, 09:04 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
For US-based GWS fans, why can we not get parts directly from GWS-USA instead of GWS in Taiwan?????

And if you still suggest using your "cloaked" Caliber Hobby as our source, why can you not fix their outrageous $10 minimum shipping cost for small parts????

Why won't you address this issue instead of merely restating the same old gibberish?
I had asked GWS USA staff to improve this bad policy set by ex-sales head.