Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 17, 2008, 07:30 AM
It's me Glacier Girl
Joined Aug 2004
868 Posts
Thanks, rationalV!!!!!
SHELBY1 is offline Find More Posts by SHELBY1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2008, 09:57 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalV
Thanks.

Supprised me!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...62#post9976701
Quote:
Originally Posted by donethat
Mr Lin, where can I buy fans for my ME 262 that I received as a gift?

Thanks for looking, donethat (Fred)
Pls order here:
http://www.caliberhobby.com/ducted_fans.html
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:36 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
EMS is too expensive from China!!!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ws#post9903348

Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels
Outrageous postage from GWS (factory) compared to other suppliers in the same regions who are actually sending goods for no postage cost or very minimal.

I just got charged $120 USD for 2 x 3kg EMS boxes from China... something sounds very fishy ... and GWS wonders why their exports to Australia have plumetted recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza2003au
i just asked one of my chinese contacts to calculate your order for 2x 3kg boxes i got quoted AUD$51.47 using EMS

Would you pls tell GWS how you get this quote from your Chinese contact?

GWS did the invoice according to post office charge to GWS at cost.

If they know how to get better deal with post office? We like to learn from them ASAP.

Pls help us: china@gws.com.tw export@gws.com.tw
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Jun 24, 2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:45 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
These are the rates posted on the China Post website for EMS

http://www.ems.com.cn/serviceguide/e...biao-zhun.html
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Jul 25, 2008, 08:13 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
The best way to get GWS:

Tell the good importers what you need and how much you like GWS products!

Supprot them and buy from them!

However, if no one take care of your demands in your country, may be that will become your chance to start a business!

Although GWS tried very hard, there still so many countries that we can not find an impoter to carry GWS!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 07:35 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Pls consider buy from the nearest LHS, even looks more expensive!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post10347243
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqito
....In the past two years there is a hobby shop that I can always rely on. HuaXunMoXing (Inhobby) in Shanghai is a hobby shop that stocks many items and has a higher-than-internet retail price for products, but these prices are still much cheaper than say Horizon Hobby.

Are there any other expats flying rc in Shanghai? What LHS do you go to?
Don't forget the cost for open a real shop front and take care after service... those cost in bills!!!

For whom want to buy the products through on-line should also consider that do you able to self service?

If you need a lot of help, pls consider buy from the nearest LHS, even looks more expensive!

Saving from purchasing, but crashing due to lake of service advise will cost more to your learning steps!

GWS always support experience RC flyers to eastablish their business! Yet, also suggest those new commers to support your local RC dealers!
Old Sep 30, 2008, 09:17 PM
FAA Commercial Pilot
Taiwan
Joined Sep 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHELBY1
Mr. Lin, some help please.

I'm trying to buy a pair of impellers, part # GWDFS001. I contacted Tower Hobby, and was told they do not carry them. Customer service at Tower said to contact GWS in Califonia. So I did. I gave the young lady at your Company the part number and asked to order them.

She told me they do stock them, but she can't sell them to me, I have to order them through Tower Hobby. I explained to her that Tower had told me to contact GWS to order them as they do not carry them. She told me she was sorry but I had to order them from Tower.

I called Tower Hobby back, explained all to Cusomer service there, and was told there is nothing they can do and I would need to call GWS to order them.

Can you help me out?

Thank You,

Brad

Had you ever tried to check out http://www.caliberhobby.com/ ?
Try it.... They do have everything that one expects to find ....
gws shaqchang is offline Find More Posts by gws shaqchang
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:19 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,005 Posts
Mr. Lin,

both my friend and I tried (separately) this lonely-bird "service". We sent enquiries for parts such as replacement fans, fan shaft/hubs, etc. We got back replies and then we we asked further questions etc, such mail don't get answered.

Case in point: When I enquired to purchase a couple of replacement 75mm fan impellers, we got back replies with the cost of the parts (less than USD10) and an EMS postage of USD15 (I think). When I wrote back to ask them to give me a postage rates using Registered Parcel or Registered Mail, they replied with the same thing / same info. What I requested was never answered. It's as if they don't understand what I have written. I don't think my English is that bad. When I wrote back again to clarify my request, they didn't bother to reply again at all.

This took place a few months ago. I still have not managed to get a replacement blades for my 75mm fan. My J-10 is just sitting there without any fan. I bought a new fan (other brand) for it, but that would entail a bit of modifications, and I have not been able to find the time to do a proper job so the J-10 just sits there.

Can you help please. No point buying a $5 part and having to pay 3-times the value of the goods in postage. Actually, I would like to buy 2 of these replacement fan impellers, with 1 as spare. I only wish to pay for Registered Mail and not EMS for such small, low-valued items!

I am in Malaysia. If you need my email address, let me know and I will pm you with the complete address etc.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:58 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,674 Posts
Chewy,

Would you let me know whom you contacted months ago. Normally my colleagues reply to the mails from lonely birds quickly unless they do not receive your answers when something need to be further confirmed by you. Just ask my colleagues to apply registered mail instead if you do have shipping charge issue.
There have been many GWS dealers in Malaysia and Singapore, suggest you to contact them for buying the parts instead. The shipping cost will not be an issue again if you do so. They could place order for your needs quickly if they do not stock what you need.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Oct 19, 2008, 01:27 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
For small parts, if you accept use airmail small packet, the mail charge will be very little amount!

EMS very fast but costy, Air Mail Small Packet will be a great 2nd choice.

When not a brand new products, we suggest you to use Air Mail Small Packet!
Old Nov 02, 2008, 09:22 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
"your company is too difficult to deal with" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPT
Well Mr Lin besides the economic slowdown fewer dealers want to carry your stuff because your company is too difficult to deal with.

And the early bird program does not help matters either!

How's the problems were you having?

Early Bird is for new products release for whom write the review will get fresh new airplane earlier!

Lonely Bird is for those who live in those countries without GWS dealers, then we try to fix the gape of suppy.

Both are not the regular business way, we do not intend to take away the business from our dealers, while this is the best way so far I can help the GWS flyers get our products at right time and less cost from too many times of transhipment.
Old Dec 06, 2008, 11:21 AM
Muncie,IN 47304 USA
Joined Dec 2003
760 Posts
Nefi 2009

the National Electric Fly In

(NEFI)

Will be June 26, 27 & 28. 2009

OUTDOOR flying:

at the AMA National Aeromodeling Flying Center. Muncie, IN

INDOOR flying:

at the ABB building on Cowan Road (100ft. by 100ft. by 900ft.) Muncie, IN

for more info. contact the cd:
Dr. Sandy Frank
Phone: 765-212-2340
Email: sfrank69@airmail.net
Dr. Sandy Frank is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Sandy Frank
Old Dec 06, 2008, 12:53 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gws shaqchang
Had you ever tried to check out http://www.caliberhobby.com/ ?
Try it.... They do have everything that one expects to find ....
They have many spare parts, but charge $10 to ship, regardess of size. A $2 propellor costs $12 shipped from Caliber! No Thanks!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jan 04, 2009, 11:05 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
They have many spare parts, but charge $10 to ship, regardess of size. A $2 propellor costs $12 shipped from Caliber! No Thanks!
The guys set this rule were no longer in there!

We like to hear from your opinions.