SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:36 PM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepilot
The irony is supreme though. A far eastern manufacturer complaining at a skewed market! A visit to our industrial heartlands that used to be world leaders would be worthwhile. Well, would be if they hadn't been overcome by cheap labour and raw materials in, guess where?
....and here you go again. Do you have no shame!
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:46 PM
Registered VOICE
R, W, and B
Joined Sep 2007
197 Posts
Help the Dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
A dealer should not sell GWS products at such crazy promotion affect bad hurtting to all others dealers!
If GWS really cared about its dealers, then GWS should let the dealers collect order and money for both the "early bird" and "lonely bird" programs. GWS would split the profit with dealers and drop ship to customers. This way, dealers would not have to sit on inventory and customers can pay in the most comfortable way.
rationalV is offline Find More Posts by rationalV
Last edited by rationalV; Nov 30, 2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:08 PM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalV
Does GWS understand how to run a business?
You still pushing this barrow? Give it a rest.
I am sure Mr Lin has taken your views and given the due consideration your business acumen deserves.

From reading Mr Lin's posts over the last couple of years I would guess his business interests do not lie in squeezing the most financial gain from HIS company.

There are many reasons people setup and run companies, not all focussed on your preferred business model or your desires. I will state that I would run the company differently but then each person would bring their interests and strategies to such a position.

I reinforce Mr Lin's post. If you are so damn sure on how it should be done, setup and run your own company. When it is a success and GWS is gone down the tube due to your superior business capabilities, come back and crow.

I can certainly sympathise with Mr Lin over all these unsolicited expert reviews. I have a couple of staff who regularly espouse their views on how things should be done. The problem is they lack the bigger picture view and a future vision, enacting their "model" would cause numerous problems in the future. The world is full of grandstand coaches.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:17 PM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Quote:
If GWS really cared about its dealers, then GWS should let the dealers collect order and money for both the "early bird" and "lonely bird" programs. GWS would split the profit with dealers and drop ship to customers. This way, dealers would not have to sit on inventory and customers can pay in the most comfortable way.
Watch out your going to be attacked by everyone.

Not by me.
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:32 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepilot
Polish?
Erm, where does it say Polish? Bald eagles maybe the national bird of the USA, but they're not indiginous to the USA, this one was hand reared in the Uk...
Sorry, Stevepilot, it's a bit of Yankee humor, and also somewhat of an "inside" joke. The bird in the picture has been named "Stanley", which is a common Polish first name. Also, the falcon or eagle is part of the Polish clubs identity back in the Buffalo, NY area, my old stomping grounds. At one time, the Buffalo area had one of the largest Polish communities in the United States. So, it's one of those "ya had to be here" situations. Hats off to the trainer of this most beautiful bird, the king of the raptors, as it flys in your equally beautiful country.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Dec 04, 2007, 04:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
Well what ever was said to Caliber Hobby worked. I was actually in the middle of the transaction when they stopped the promotion. I added it to the in-box at the sale price and when I went to checkout, the price had changed. Now they absolutely refuse to work anything out. I was really surprised, especially when they said everything was 10% off and the price went UP by $40.

Caliber Hobby is owned by GWS.
elemack is offline Find More Posts by elemack
Old Dec 04, 2007, 05:02 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
17 Posts
Quote:
GWS only knows how to make FOAM airplane parts;
Knows zero about how to run a business in the modern world...

If you check the items that are on sale at more than 50% off MSRP on Caliber Hobby carefully, you will see that these items are not readily available anywhere else.

Most likely because these are "OVERSTOCKs" or "SLOW MOVERS" that no other dealer or distributor are willing to sell...

I suggest GWS HQ to stop meddling in the practice of free capitalism.
Any dealer should be able to "dump" whatever item unless it is done on a consistent basis for new "fresh" stock
Now that you know Caliber Hobby IS GWS, does that change the conversation a bit?
Old Dec 04, 2007, 05:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Unless the dealer and the distributor are one and the same? If that were so I'd understand your concern because I guess other GWS USA LHS customers are going to be pretty unhappy if Caliber is getting some sort of "special" deal.
You hit the nail on the head.
Old Dec 05, 2007, 05:12 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Sorry that I have to post same story here.

GWS owns many business.

Include that we own many reatil stores. http://www.gws.com.tw/chinese/service/store.htm

But we try to protect our business partners, dealers, distributors and world-wide importers.

All the business parties should act as what they should be.

There nothing to feel shame to own reatil business just like the other giants.

That's the way to fix the gape of supply shortage.

Long time ago, GWS do not own retail and distributor. But we finally find out that's a must! You can see many other leaders in RC industry had set up their reatils, on-lines to back up the shortage of items.

Even though, they best way to fix the gapes is direct from HQ to set up a service team, back up the world-wide demands where the business parties do not have enough capital to stock up all the products.

Yet, each in country, they have their own opinions to choice whatever good to be in their own market demands. We can not push them to buy all the intems GWS had made.

GWS had produced too many products, enven GWS USA only carry 1/4 of the itemes, but a huge mutli milions GWS products was storage in USA still unable to cover the market demands. You have seen many complains about short of some items from time to time.

Our UK distributor JP run pretty good in business, but only less than 1/10 of the items selected to be fit into their own market survey.

No one like to let our money sleeping in the warehouse.

But try to get a short cut to dump the inventory is eating your own fresh! I will never expect any one of our business partners to do so.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Dec 05, 2007, 05:38 PM
Registered VOICE
R, W, and B
Joined Sep 2007
197 Posts
Perhaps GWS ought to try extending credit or concession program for its large distributors and dealers.

BTW, why does it seem like GWS is using RCG to air its own dirty laundary? The GWS vs Caliber episode should be kept private?
rationalV is offline Find More Posts by rationalV
Old Dec 05, 2007, 07:38 PM
Registered APE
Antwerp, Belgium
Joined Dec 2006
217 Posts
euhm....what's Caliber?

Pat
Patbull is offline Find More Posts by Patbull
Old Dec 05, 2007, 08:21 PM
Joined Sep 2006
61 Posts
Caliber Hobby is an on-line retailer owned by GWS that operates out of GWS' facility in Los Angeles. They were running a closeout sale at 50% off regular prices for what apparently are slow moving GWS kits that GWS USA had sitting in stock in their warehouse for long periods. The pricing concerned Mr. Lin and probably was causing some distributor issues. It was a great deal while it lasted. Made for interesting sometimes banal discussion here.
Kent Raden is offline Find More Posts by Kent Raden
Last edited by Kent Raden; Dec 05, 2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Dec 05, 2007, 08:48 PM
Registered APE
Antwerp, Belgium
Joined Dec 2006
217 Posts
Kent Raden,

Thanks for info...but i can't understand very well what's wrong with it then.
Isn't it normal when a retailer runs a sale? As long as GWS keep producing their entire fleet and people can buy them EVERYWHERE i don't see a problem.
From previous posts i have the impression there's a problem in the USA with distribution, difficult to understand with a big headquarter overthere. These boxes shouldn't be eating dust in a warehouse

Pat
Patbull is offline Find More Posts by Patbull
Last edited by Patbull; Dec 05, 2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2007, 09:17 PM
Joined Sep 2006
61 Posts
Pat,

I think it is fundamentally a fairness and business relationship issue with other retailers and distributors that buy from GWSUS. GWS wants to be able to sell its products to them at prices that allow them to make a profit and still have the GWS' kits sold at LHS and on-line retailers at prices that we will pay. Retailers certainly do have sales sometimes at a manufacturer's incentive, sometimes not. In this case, I think Mr. Lin is worried about his own company undercutting his customers causing the customers to stop stocking GWS products because they can't sell them profitably.

I hope this helps. I am involved with these types of matters for work routinely so I trust I provided enough info without omitting any key issues.

Kent
Kent Raden is offline Find More Posts by Kent Raden
Old Dec 05, 2007, 09:45 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps GWS ought to try extending credit or concession program for its large distributors and dealers.

BTW, why does it seem like GWS is using RCG to air its own dirty laundary? The GWS vs Caliber episode should be kept private?
Pls stop post about GWS distributor and dealers business. It's nothing to do with you!

This is only for RC flyers. The "Lonely Birds" will provide GWS products to anyone GWS flyer arround the world!

I start this thread for GWS try to help all flyers get GWS products easily.

Not a business discussion with you.

For business, pls contact our sales. Not here!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO