Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:00 AM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:36 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Lot's of companies do this. I remember when Nintindo came out, it was the same price everywhere. Look at all the 'regular' hobby shops (not counting ebay) what they sell the Super Cub for, every place I've seen it's always $159.00. If you check around I'm sure you'll find tons of things with a 'fixed' price.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,468 Posts
Lots of hobby companies and other companies have set minimum advertised sales prices for products. Usually, when a price says click this to get price, or call for price, they are selling below the agreed upon minimum advertised price.

On a one on one, non advertised basis, a product dealer is free to sell at any price they chose....thus, selling price is never controlled...only control is on minimum ADVERTISED sales price.

If it is clearance type stuff as mentioned here in the thread, there are ways around the minimum advertised price issue, as mentioned above.

Nothing wrong with this policy at all.

hopalong X does not understand what he is ranting about.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:19 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong X
I was going to buy 2 GWS planes today and their sim tx.
I will NEVER buy GWS after this.
They dictate what price an American company can sell products?
That is old style "strong arming". Do it or else. Organized crime, gang, mafia tactics.
I'll probably get deleted or reported.

Made in China? Bah! I'll do without if it isn't made elsewhere.
I've had enough.
Even if I have to pay 10 times the price!!!

If I can't afford "it" from somewhere else I'll just do with out until I can.

Welcome to the GWS forum and, it seems, goodbye too.

Having made 262 posts in the less-than-three-weeks since you joined RCG you're clearly a person of opinion. However, if you took the time to understand Mr Lin's position a little better you might find he is expressing a manufacturer's concern that his dealer's get a reasonable return, in other words he is defending the interests of your countrymen - although he does have to recognise that stock dumping can take place but it tends to be a problem that long term brings it's own resolution - no-one gets rich buying for a buck and selling for a quarter. But that seems to have got past you. I shouldn't worry about getting reported I doubt anyone will think it's worth bothering. And I have to tell you that if it was my National symbol I'd feel pretty sick at someone associating it with your views because I doubt you speak for a majority of the intelligent people in your business community, certainly not the exporters. I may be from the UK but spent a lot of years working with some very successful businesses in the US, on both sides of the pond, yours and mine.

I presume you're not coming back to the GWS forum but in case you do I recommend the Life Universe and Politics forum - I'm sure you'd find yourself amongst friends over there.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:06 PM
Registered APE
Antwerp, Belgium
Joined Dec 2006
217 Posts
Hey mate, you should step into politics You'll have my vote for sure Roger
Patbull is offline Find More Posts by Patbull
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:09 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard

I presume you're not coming back to the GWS forum but in case you do I recommend the Life Universe and Politics forum - I'm sure you'd find yourself amongst friends over there.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:11 PM
Registered APE
Antwerp, Belgium
Joined Dec 2006
217 Posts
euhm.....this you have to explain lol.....
Patbull is offline Find More Posts by Patbull
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:30 PM
aka : SteveBB..
South Yorkshire,England
Joined May 2007
529 Posts
Unfortunatly Hopalong is the sort of American many feel is representitive of the majority in the USA. I have quite a few US friends, for real and online.Non are like him! As Roger said, it's a foul stroke to wrap himself up in the S&S and the bald eagle... I've got one of them here, name of Stanley....
Stevepilot is offline Find More Posts by Stevepilot
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:11 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepilot
....the bald eagle... I've got one of them here, name of Stanley....
Waht!!!!! A Polish eagle???

Only in America......

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:20 PM
swede
United States, MA, Belchertown
Joined Aug 2005
3,829 Posts
Well what ever was said to Caliber Hobby worked. I was actually in the middle of the transaction when they stopped the promotion. I added it to the in-box at the sale price and when I went to checkout, the price had changed. Now they absolutely refuse to work anything out. I was really surprised, especially when they said everything was 10% off and the price went UP by $40.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:54 PM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
Well what ever was said to Caliber Hobby worked. I was actually in the middle of the transaction when they stopped the promotion. I added it to the in-box at the sale price and when I went to checkout, the price had changed. Now they absolutely refuse to work anything out. I was really surprised, especially when they said everything was 10% off and the price went UP by $40.
.....under pressure. They had no choice. Hmmmm! Never heard of such a thing. Shame but no one seems to care here. Falls on deaf ears.

Go back to sleep boys. Keep buying "Made in China". I thought someone might be concerned.

Boy was I wrong!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 02:14 PM
South Yorkshire,England
Joined May 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
Waht!!!!! A Polish eagle???

Only in America......

RD
Polish?
Erm, where does it say Polish? Bald eagles maybe the national bird of the USA, but they're not indiginous to the USA, this one was hand reared in the Uk...
Old Nov 30, 2007, 02:17 PM
South Yorkshire,England
Joined May 2007
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong X
.....under pressure. They had no choice. Go back to sleep boys. Keep buying "Made in China". I thought someone might be concerned.

Boy was I wrong!
I suppose it would be cynical to suggest that the US administration sell their 'Made in USA' foreign policy overseas, and if they don't like it, well, hard luck, you're having it anyway or be burned.. But fortunatly that isn't representitive of the USA, just a small proportion in DC.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
oh boy......what will everybody say, when one day, we call ourselves Terran's or Earthlings and the Vulcans and Klingons want a piece of the action.

well there goes the solarhood I guess
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:34 PM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepilot
So you have no problem with a customer paying more than he/she needs to for the same product? Mmmm. Good economic model that! If a shop buys stock from a distributor and sells it below the recommended retail price thats for the shop owner to decide. The last I knew, model flying didn't operate a cartel.
Shame on you telling a man how to run his buisness.