HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS4CEO, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 11:34 AM
aka : SteveBB..
South Yorkshire,England
Joined May 2007
529 Posts
So you have no problem with a customer paying more than he/she needs to for the same product? Mmmm. Good economic model that! If a shop buys stock from a distributor and sells it below the recommended retail price thats for the shop owner to decide. The last I knew, model flying didn't operate a cartel.
Stevepilot is offline Find More Posts by Stevepilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2007, 02:00 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
I already instruct GWS USA and GD can't not support them to do such crazy offer!

Even they intend to lost some budget to get attention to them!

GWS must protect all of our business partners!
You don't understand how businesses operate here. It is COMMON for stores to advertise and offer "loss leader" items... selling them at a LOSS, just to get people in the stores, knowing that many (most) will come back to shop when they need something again, and many (most) also buy more than just the item on sale. Check out this link to Hobby Lobby, with a new sale every hour all day long today!

Obviously this can't be done with ALL items, but this week especially, most stores (web and retail stores) are doing this very thing during the annual Thanksgiving Holiday Sales. It's a custom here, and it's good business!

No wonder your North American sales are suffering, and it will get worse now with Caliber Hobby, our one fresh breath of air with GWS products, being forced out of business. Shame on you! Definitely NOT
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:43 PM
aka : SteveBB..
South Yorkshire,England
Joined May 2007
529 Posts
The irony is supreme though. A far eastern manufacturer complaining at a skewed market! A visit to our industrial heartlands that used to be world leaders would be worthwhile. Well, would be if they hadn't been overcome by cheap labour and raw materials in, guess where?
Stevepilot is offline Find More Posts by Stevepilot
Old Nov 24, 2007, 02:22 AM
Registered VOICE
R, W, and B
Joined Sep 2007
197 Posts
Get A Clue!

Quote:
I already instruct GWS USA and GD can't not support them to do such crazy offer!

Even they intend to lost some budget to get attention to them!

GWS must protect all of our business partners!
GWS only knows how to make FOAM airplane parts;
Knows zero about how to run a business in the modern world...

If you check the items that are on sale at more than 50% off MSRP on Caliber Hobby carefully, you will see that these items are not readily available anywhere else.

Most likely because these are "OVERSTOCKs" or "SLOW MOVERS" that no other dealer or distributor are willing to sell...

I suggest GWS HQ to stop meddling in the practice of free capitalism.
Any dealer should be able to "dump" whatever item unless it is done on a consistent basis for new "fresh" stock
rationalV is offline Find More Posts by rationalV
Old Nov 25, 2007, 08:58 AM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
<<...
I wish Caliber Hobby would open up a branch in the UK! >>
Me too!
[ But I couldn't resist ordering a 3D TM and B2 (for tinkering) for when I am in the US. 30 for 2 planes with US shipping? Deal! Now, how well will a B2 fly with 2 RZ400 powered EDFs... ? ]
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:19 AM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Sounds like they want to do the same thing as other nameless Hobby plane companies. You make the people you sell to sign agreements to sell at full retail or be cut off from the disributor. Or you get the lefovers or "a handful is all that is available at this time". You could sell 100 but they send you 5 and they have 1000 in their inventory. That keeps everything legal. Sort of. They claim they have 5. Prove different.
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Last edited by Hopalong X; Nov 28, 2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:12 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
When a GWS dealer get 30% off from distributor, how can they sell below their cost for 50%+10% off?

Making profits from other motor, ESC and Li-Po... But this advertisement badly hurtting other dealers who real sell GWS airplanes! Or, they will unable to pay the invoce..

This happend in Taiwan, I don't expect to see same stroy in the USA!

We can't let a few do hutting many traditional LHS who stand there help the flyers get assistant to fly RC safely.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:30 PM
Registered VOICE
R, W, and B
Joined Sep 2007
197 Posts
Let the Professional Run GWS

Quote:
Making profits from other motor, ESC and Li-Po... But this advertisement badly hurtting other dealers who real sell GWS airplanes! Or, they will unable to pay the invoce..
Does GWS understand how to run a business?
How can Caliber Hobby not have enough money to pay??
Are they having a fire sale on every single product?
Others have pointed out that it is common practice to use "loss leaders" to bring customers to the store.
This is very different from a store closing sale...
Besides, every major manufacturer in the world have an outlet store of some sort to "dump" their unwanted or old products.
Does that mean all of their dealers will revolt and stop buying??

Why doesn't GWS have a corprorate outlet store like these?
Apple Clearance
Sony Clearance
HP Clearance
Are these companies doomed by having big discount sales?
Are their dealers flocking to other companies that never do a fire sale?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:38 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,386 Posts
Quote:
When a GWS dealer get 30% off from distributor, how can they sell below their cost for 50%+10% off?

This happend in Taiwan, I don't expect to see same stroy in the USA!

We can't let a few do hutting many traditional LHS who stand there help the flyers get assistant to fly RC safely.

What is hurting the LHS is not being able to get the GWS items people want in stock and they are sitting on products like what Caliber is trying to sell off. It's a simple thing called cutting your losses. It's taking up space and they have money tied up in the product. They simply want to move it a get some of their money back out of it.
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2007, 09:38 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalV
Does GWS understand how to run a business?
Sorry, GWS own by me, but not yours!

You can run a better company to prove that you are better!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:19 PM
Registered VOICE
R, W, and B
Joined Sep 2007
197 Posts
Quote:
You can run a better company to prove that you are better!
It is not about proving who is right.
It is about serving customers' needs...
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:32 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalV
It is not about proving who is right.
It is about serving customers' needs...
A dealer should not sell GWS products at such crazy promotion affect bad hurtting to all others dealers!

Pls stop posting your way of thinking how to run business here!

You can have your own company, and run it better.

Prove by action, not by your better English speaking.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 03:30 AM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,409 Posts
Mr Lin is right - its his business to run as he likes! And the fact that we can comment / critique his actions is ONLY because he is so open on this forum. And of course we all have opinions on how he could better run his business, and Rational made a good point IMHO...

And Caliber Hobby have stopped their firesale. Presumably dealers reported that B-2, 3D-TM-350 etc sales were zero when the firesale was on. But of course we all know that was probably also the case before and after too!

So a win-win: Caliber (and GWS) moved some slow-moving stock, and proved that a firesale could be useful on older products. Prices now restored to reassure other dealers. And cheapskates like me have another few GWS kits to build over the coming months...
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Del
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Last edited by Hopalong X; Nov 30, 2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:54 AM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong X
I've had enough. Even if I have to pay 10 times the price!!!
I know a guy in Bastrop, LA. who has a used WangyThang park flyer he will sell you for $1,250.85, if you are interested....

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac