Did you see the EZONE review?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729809
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2007, 10:40 PM
Nall-ified Pilot
Joined Jul 2007
21 Posts
James I'll give you a call. So far it looks like Sept 29th & 30th. Then I get busy for a while and then again between the 11th & the 14th I'll have another day or two. Maybe we can get Steve to come out with us. Hope to see ya buddy.
Oh...I'm gonna buy another plane aren't I? I can feel it... Geeeze!
Here's a nice bit of GOOD news/BAD news. After two and a half years I sold our first trainer (Alpha .40in very good shape) this week to a guy whose Mom drove over his airplane (an Alpha .40) where he left it..... in the driveway. What a way to lose a plane! Oouch!
Kruzer1 is offline Find More Posts by Kruzer1
Old Sep 16, 2007, 01:34 AM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,375 Posts
you should have some pictures showing the electronics installation. I've yet to see any popup in the instructions or in the threads (except for one sort of fuzzy one).
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Sep 20, 2007, 09:28 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2
you should have some pictures showing the electronics installation. I've yet to see any popup in the instructions or in the threads (except for one sort of fuzzy one).
I just got back from Neat. I will post more pictures very soon.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2007, 06:59 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
New URL for Millennium R/C

A few people have stated to me that Millenniumrc.com is a little long. I have remedied the problem with a new URL.

WWW.FlyERC.com will now take you to WWW.MillenniumRC.com
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:15 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,375 Posts
I don't think it is to long, I think some people just can't spell Millennium
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Sep 22, 2007, 02:00 PM
Freedom to assemble
Manhattan
Joined Dec 2006
92 Posts
I just finished my micro ssx arf with combo pack that I picked up at neatfair, dying to get out and fly it!

What would happen if I used a heavier battery? I have a 2s 800mah that's 0.6 oz heavier than the 350mah from the combo pack (which is 0.96oz), and a 3s 750mah that's 0.9oz heavier. I checked with the plane in my hand and the micro still has lots of vertical power even with the heaviest battery.
valaoritis is offline Find More Posts by valaoritis
Old Sep 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valaoritis
I just finished my micro ssx arf with combo pack that I picked up at neatfair, dying to get out and fly it!

What would happen if I used a heavier battery? I have a 2s 800mah that's 0.6 oz heavier than the 350mah from the combo pack (which is 0.96oz), and a 3s 750mah that's 0.9oz heavier. I checked with the plane in my hand and the micro still has lots of vertical power even with the heaviest battery.
The Hacker motor can not run on 3 cells. The 800 pack may be a little heavy. I use anything from 250 2S -730 2S. The Thunder power 480 2S is a good battery. On occasion I use a TP 730 2S, but only when I want to fly fast.

The battery you got with the combo pack is a 450 not a 350.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
Freedom to assemble
Manhattan
Joined Dec 2006
92 Posts
Answered my own question . . . it flew great with all three batteries! Only with the 3S the throttle is a bit jumpy, and on landing in choppy wind it came down a little hard (on asphalt), squishing the gear and damaging a prop. Otherwise great, it flies forever on the bigger batteries.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 07:36 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Answered my own question . . . it flew great with all three batteries! Only with the 3S the throttle is a bit jumpy, and on landing in choppy wind it came down a little hard (on asphalt), squishing the gear and damaging a prop. Otherwise great, it flies forever on the bigger batteries.
It may fly longer and faster on the bigger batteries but the flight characteristics are better with the lighter battery. I hope you donít burn up your ESC and motor with the 3S. Hacker says 2S only.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:22 PM
Freedom to assemble
Manhattan
Joined Dec 2006
92 Posts
Thanks for the warning! I double checked with Hacker. The X5 esc is okay for 3 cells, but they said the motor that comes with the combo pack (A10 12S) will definitely burn out "in many ways" on 3s. Am stocking up on 2S packs so I can fly this little bird all day long.

Any track record on safety and reliability from the True RC batteries? They are only $18-20 compared to twice that for the comparable Kokam, and one always worries it would be pretty dumb to save some money on batteries and have one flame out. I look after them well, keep them balanced, etc.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:00 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the warning! I double checked with Hacker. The X5 esc is okay for 3 cells, but they said the motor that comes with the combo pack (A10 12S) will definitely burn out "in many ways" on 3s. Am stocking up on 2S packs so I can fly this little bird all day long.

Any track record on safety and reliability from the True RC batteries? They are only $18-20 compared to twice that for the comparable Kokam, and one always worries it would be pretty dumb to save some money on batteries and have one flame out. I look after them well, keep them balanced, etc.
I have been using the True RC batteries since April with no problems. I fly them almost everyday.

As always with Lipo batteries, you need to take precautions.
Never charge them unattended.
Never charge them over 1C or over the rated voltage.
Always charge them in a safe environment. Not in your car or near flammable materials. I charge my batteries in a heavy ceramic bowl and store them in a sealed ammo box. No air, no fire.

Any lipo battery can flame out. I prefer say I am prepared for when it happens not if it happens.

James Karpy
CEO Millennium R/C
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:42 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Micro Biplane X

Look what I get to test fly today
RCG Plus Member