HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:00 PM
Lakeland, FL
Joined Feb 2005
35 Posts
Picked one of these up at Graves on Saturday. Can't wait to get it finished and in the air. It was nice to be able to speak to the designer of a plane before you buy it. I will try and post some pics of it progress.
nomadd is offline Find More Posts by nomadd
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:22 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadd
Picked one of these up at Graves on Saturday. Can't wait to get it finished and in the air. It was nice to be able to speak to the designer of a plane before you buy it. I will try and post some pics of it progress.

Oh no , I forgot to autograph your wing!

It was nice meeting you also. I hope you enjoy the plane.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:26 PM
Nall-ified Pilot
Joined Jul 2007
21 Posts
Been away all of last week.
I did power up the Micro and had the rudder and elevator servos suffering from extreme jitters. Decided not to try to fly it. Funny I did fiddle with the aileron one manually before I read not to but that one works fine. Any suggestions James or do I just chuck the servos and put in new ones?
Kruzer1 is offline Find More Posts by Kruzer1
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:51 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzer1
I did power up the Micro and had the rudder and elevator servos suffering from extreme jitters. Decided not to try to fly it. Funny I did fiddle with the aileron one manually before I read not to but that one works fine. Any suggestions James or do I just chuck the servos and put in new ones?
Are they new servos? I thought you got some new blue birds from Steve.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:55 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Does the jitter stop if you apply a load to the servo? I had some servos that jittered on the ground but stopped once the plane was flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2007, 09:33 PM
Nall-ified Pilot
Joined Jul 2007
21 Posts
Yes the servos are brand new. No, it does not stop with load. Have been pretty busy so no time to fiddle around with them lately. Will let you know when I get some time again if any change. Should be talking to Steve soon too so I will let him know. Was wondering if I was just lucky or has anyone else had any problems with them? No fuss.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:07 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Yes the servos are brand new. No, it does not stop with load. Have been pretty busy so no time to fiddle around with them lately. Will let you know when I get some time again if any change. Should be talking to Steve soon too so I will let him know. Was wondering if I was just lucky or has anyone else had any problems with them? No fuss.
It’s been kind of touch and go with the small Servos. When they work, they work well. Some times I get one that just will not center.

I have had good luck lately with the Cirrus and Blue Arrow servos.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jkarpy; Dec 15, 2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 07:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2007
5 Posts
1. The CG for this model is 1/8” inch to the rear of the main spar. Balance the plane at the CG by holding wings with your fingertips as shown. Try to maintain the distance from the front fuselage to the leading edge of the wing at 2 1/8” by adjusting positions of your hardware first. If necessary, change position of your wing to balance.
2. Once aircraft is balanced, adjust the horizontal stabilizer so it is parallel to the wing. Then glue the front and rear wing saddles to the fuselage stick.
3. Position servo, battery and motor mounts. Motor should have 2 ° of right and 2 ° of down thrust. This can be achieved by shimming the motor or by offsetting the motor mount during gluing. Glue the motor mount to the fuselage and battery mount using thick CA glue.
4. Square the vertical stabilizer to the horizontal stabilizer. Glue the vertical stabilizer to the horizontal stabilizer by bleeding thin CA into the mount.
5. Glue all control horns with thick CA.
6. Install control linkage. The E-Z connectors are for the aileron servo control horn. Feed the rudder and elevator pushrods through the rear pushrod guide before attaching to servos. Use Z bends for rudder and elevator servos. Be sure to center your servos first.
7. Permanently install receiver, motor and speed control. Make sure your antenna does not touch the carbon fiber fuselage or any metal. Use double stick foam tape to mount speed control to the top of battery mount.
8. Control throws are as follows:
Elevator: 45 ° up and down 20° low rate
Rudder: 45 ° left and right
Ailerons: 45 ° up and down 20° low rate
I recommend using expo if you have it!
kenverkjl is offline Find More Posts by kenverkjl
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:50 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenverkjl
1. The CG for this model is 1/8” inch to the rear of the main spar. Balance the plane at the CG by holding wings with your fingertips as shown. Try to maintain the distance from the front fuselage to the leading edge of the wing at 2 1/8” by adjusting positions of your hardware first. If necessary, change position of your wing to balance.
2. Once aircraft is balanced, adjust the horizontal stabilizer so it is parallel to the wing. Then glue the front and rear wing saddles to the fuselage stick.
3. Position servo, battery and motor mounts. Motor should have 2 ° of right and 2 ° of down thrust. This can be achieved by shimming the motor or by offsetting the motor mount during gluing. Glue the motor mount to the fuselage and battery mount using thick CA glue.
4. Square the vertical stabilizer to the horizontal stabilizer. Glue the vertical stabilizer to the horizontal stabilizer by bleeding thin CA into the mount.
5. Glue all control horns with thick CA.
6. Install control linkage. The E-Z connectors are for the aileron servo control horn. Feed the rudder and elevator pushrods through the rear pushrod guide before attaching to servos. Use Z bends for rudder and elevator servos. Be sure to center your servos first.
7. Permanently install receiver, motor and speed control. Make sure your antenna does not touch the carbon fiber fuselage or any metal. Use double stick foam tape to mount speed control to the top of battery mount.
8. Control throws are as follows:
Elevator: 45 ° up and down 20° low rate
Rudder: 45 ° left and right
Ailerons: 45 ° up and down 20° low rate
I recommend using expo if you have it!

What is this ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:21 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Millennium R/C at the Neat Fair

Who is going to Neat Fair?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:39 PM
Nall-ified Pilot
Joined Jul 2007
21 Posts
James, I have a couple of Vortex 8.4g servos ( by IMEX) originally for a chopper. Will this work? Physically they're about the same size. Otherwise I will have to wait until I get another load of stuff.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
James, I have a couple of Vortex 8.4g servos ( by IMEX) originally for a chopper. Will this work? Physically they're about the same size. Otherwise I will have to wait until I get another load of stuff.
It will be a little heavy. I have some Blue Arrow servos that are less than 4 grams. I think I have your e-mail, I will send you a quote if you are interested.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2007, 08:43 PM
Nall-ified Pilot
Joined Jul 2007
21 Posts
Thanks very much James but it does not make sense to ship small packages out here, just not economical. I already have a list in the making for Steve and I am due there at the end of Sept. Hope I get to see you, my schedule is tight but I do have a couple flying days set aside. I plan to make up for lost time on the Venus :-)
Old Sep 01, 2007, 09:20 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Thanks very much James but it does not make sense to ship small packages out here, just not economical. I already have a list in the making for Steve and I am due there at the end of Sept. Hope I get to see you, my schedule is tight but I do have a couple flying days set aside. I plan to make up for lost time on the Venus :-)
Let me know what days you are flying.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2007, 08:25 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Servos

We are now shipping combos with Blue Arrow/Blue Bird or Cirrus servos. The Cirrus servos are an additional $16.00 in the Combo.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jkarpy; Dec 15, 2007 at 10:10 PM.