SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 19, 2008, 11:03 PM
jkarpy's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity
James. I just started my MSSX build. I was going over all my parts, and I do not see a P8 anywhere. My sheet of all the "P"s looks different than what you have posted an in the instructions. Am I missing something or am I getting dumber with age?
Sorry, P8 has been eliminated from the design.

Here are my latest instructions.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2008, 08:37 AM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Thanks James,

My MSSX is wing is covered in clear monocote. My MSSX is called Skeletor. Now I need to find someone to make me decals that say Skeletor.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2008, 08:54 AM
jkarpy's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity
Thanks James,

My MSSX is wing is covered in clear monocote. My MSSX is called Skeletor. Now I need to find someone to make me decals that say Skeletor.
Shouldent that be X-Skeletor! LOL
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 07, 2008, 02:01 PM
Team Polecat
drone's Avatar
Morehead City, NC
Joined Jan 2003
670 Posts
Another Micro hits the skies...

Just got back from the field and the maiden of my Micro SSX. I didn't have much D/R dialed in but managed to get it down in one piece so I could cut the throws down. It was a handful. Flies like a rocket ship with the little Hacker...

Thanks James... Was great to meet you at SEFF...

Leon
drone is offline Find More Posts by drone
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
Registered User
cocoa fl
Joined Jul 2003
513 Posts
Hacker question ?

Hi folks,

A friend sold me his Micro SSX for twenty bucks already built with servo's installed and a 2s battery pack. (sweet deal . All I needed was a motor as I already had an ESC. I went to my local hobby shop and all they had in the Hacker A10 line was an A10-7L and a A10-9L. I purchased the 7L and then read this build when I got home and noticed you recommend the 12S . My question is, will this plane fly ok with the 7L? I don't care about going super fast as I flew another buddies SSX this morning at about 1/3 throttle and it was plenty fast for me even at that slower speed. My thanks to anyone who can tell me if this will work.

Cliff
Cliff Smith is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Smith
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:55 AM
Registered User
cocoa fl
Joined Jul 2003
513 Posts
Answered my own question. I flew it this morning with 7L and it flew great. What a cool little plane.

Cliff
Cliff Smith is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Smith
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 02:48 PM
jkarpy's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Smith
Hi folks,

A friend sold me his Micro SSX for twenty bucks already built with servo's installed and a 2s battery pack. (sweet deal . All I needed was a motor as I already had an ESC. I went to my local hobby shop and all they had in the Hacker A10 line was an A10-7L and a A10-9L. I purchased the 7L and then read this build when I got home and noticed you recommend the 12S . My question is, will this plane fly ok with the 7L? I don't care about going super fast as I flew another buddies SSX this morning at about 1/3 throttle and it was plenty fast for me even at that slower speed. My thanks to anyone who can tell me if this will work.

Cliff
I have not tried that motor for the Micro although I am sure it will work.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2008, 03:23 PM
Registered User
cocoa fl
Joined Jul 2003
513 Posts
Thanks for the reply James. Yes it worked quite well. I love the plane by the way. I will be ordering the biplane shortly or I may drive over to Bob's hobbies and pick one up. Where is you company located. I work in Orlando and drive over there every day from Melbourne. Thought maybe I could stop by and pick one up if that would be possible.

Thanks,
Cliff
Cliff Smith is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Smith
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
Registered User
mrstormy's Avatar
Tampa, FL USA
Joined Nov 2002
125 Posts
Love this little plane but have a small issue.

The last couple of flights, I can hear quite a bit of vibration/rattle during loops and sharp turns. I even hear it while cruising once in a while. Upon ground inspection, I find nothing loose and can not reproduce the sound. It doesn't even seem to be related to the motor on/off or speed while flying. Anyone else get these symptoms and how did you resolve them. It's quite annoying...
mrstormy is offline Find More Posts by mrstormy
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 01:17 PM
Sayonara
JEB21's Avatar
Agoura Hills,CA
Joined Mar 2004
656 Posts
Sounds like it could be control surface flutter. How are your hinges?
JEB21 is offline Find More Posts by JEB21
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:02 PM
jkarpy's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Smith
Thanks for the reply James. Yes it worked quite well. I love the plane by the way. I will be ordering the biplane shortly or I may drive over to Bob's hobbies and pick one up. Where is you company located. I work in Orlando and drive over there every day from Melbourne. Thought maybe I could stop by and pick one up if that would be possible.

Thanks,
Cliff
Bobs does not have my Biplane in stock. You can get it at Graves or directly from me.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 03:03 PM
jkarpy's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstormy
Love this little plane but have a small issue.

The last couple of flights, I can hear quite a bit of vibration/rattle during loops and sharp turns. I even hear it while cruising once in a while. Upon ground inspection, I find nothing loose and can not reproduce the sound. It doesn't even seem to be related to the motor on/off or speed while flying. Anyone else get these symptoms and how did you resolve them. It's quite annoying...
I get a lot of prop flutter. Maybe that is what you hear.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2008, 04:53 PM
Registered User
cocoa fl
Joined Jul 2003
513 Posts
Thanks James,

I will try to get over to Graves and pick one up. Is your shop close to Oak Ridge by any chance? If so I could stop by and pick one up from you so I don't have to hassle with the traffic going over to Graves. I hate driving in Orlando after work . Let me know.

Thanks,

Cliff
Cliff Smith is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Smith
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:23 AM
jkarpy's Avatar
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Smith
Thanks James,

I will try to get over to Graves and pick one up. Is your shop close to Oak Ridge by any chance? If so I could stop by and pick one up from you so I don't have to hassle with the traffic going over to Graves. I hate driving in Orlando after work . Let me know.

Thanks,

Cliff
I have a warehouse and my office is in my home. I do not have a storefront. We are working on getting a building for Millennium R/C and will most likely have a show room. We try not to compete with our local dealers.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2008, 01:25 PM
Registered User
cocoa fl
Joined Jul 2003
513 Posts
Thanks James,

I will go to Graves or get one of my buddies that live near there to pick one up for me.

Cliff
Cliff Smith is offline Find More Posts by Cliff Smith
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Micro Hydroplane Build Attemp thailandboy2 Racing Boats - Electric 28 Apr 17, 2010 08:23 PM
Micro speedwing build schoey Foamies (Kits) 46 Aug 08, 2005 11:22 AM
another Micro IFO build richw286 Parkflyers 19 Feb 24, 2005 12:05 PM
House of Balsa Micro Cub Build OCModels Parkflyers 52 Aug 29, 2003 11:47 PM
Micro-light Build Questiions DLC Parkflyers 5 Jun 22, 2001 03:17 PM