SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2007, 06:25 AM
In love with my Rappy
Leonora, Western oz.
Joined Mar 2006
1,954 Posts
Discussion
AAaargh!. V3 Llama bits

I finally got to the stage where I had my V3 Llama flying exactly how I wanted it. No vibration, hovers on the spot almost hands free (except for the continuous right rudder I have to put in coz I cant trim it out), totally controllable and great fun to fly. I just put a new mast in after waiting for a week for it to arrive, and bugga me if the same thing didn't happen to this one. the little plastic cradle that holds the flybar broke. thats twice now....... and for no reason. now i gotta wait another week for another one........ that will probably break too. I havn't broken a blade for yonks (probably because I have spares now) and I can fly this little chopper anywhere and do anything I like with it........ except keep it in one piece, even without crashing it.
I wish they would do some CNC upgrades for the "all the time breaking" parts.
wiz310 is offline Find More Posts by wiz310
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2007, 06:36 AM
Learning to fly helis
Mundijong, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2006
1,322 Posts
Wiz, I fixed a Medevac for the LHS recently, it wasn't getting enough power and was yawing constantly, this was caused by the main shaft slipping inside the head block, on the Medevac, the haed block is located by a flat on the shaft that has a lump of plastic pressed onto it from the head block, this had stipped away, CA did the trick.
I would think there could be something not right with your Lama if you need to hold rudder constantly, maybe like above (gear slipping etc) or a bad motor/speed contoller (I would lean towards motor).

Troy
Evil Lord X is offline Find More Posts by Evil Lord X
Old May 29, 2007, 08:16 AM
In love with my Rappy
Leonora, Western oz.
Joined Mar 2006
1,954 Posts
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the ESC as well. It is only a problem to a minor degree. only have to hold a little in, and I only just ran out of trim. it is almost perfect apart from that and the inferior parts.
Old May 29, 2007, 07:48 PM
In love with my Rappy
Leonora, Western oz.
Joined Mar 2006
1,954 Posts
OK, I found a bunch of CNC Bling parts are available for the V3 Lama. rotor heads, blade grips, Swash plate, Ect.
Anyone know who has this stuff available in Australia?. I really wanna get it for its unbreakableness.
Last edited by wiz310; May 29, 2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old May 29, 2007, 08:28 PM
Sydney
Joined Nov 2004
260 Posts
I have all these upgrade parts in stock:

Zdenek
euromodels.com.au
euromodels is offline Find More Posts by euromodels
Old May 29, 2007, 08:32 PM
In love with my Rappy
Leonora, Western oz.
Joined Mar 2006
1,954 Posts
hehe, you posted at the same time as me. do you do the complete kit as pictured in my post?. I'll have it if you do
Old May 29, 2007, 08:36 PM
Sydney
Joined Nov 2004
260 Posts
Yes, i have all four.
euromodels is offline Find More Posts by euromodels
Old May 29, 2007, 09:02 PM
In love with my Rappy
Leonora, Western oz.
Joined Mar 2006
1,954 Posts
I'm ringing to order right now. I know I shouldn't because ts a toy heli as helis go, but i love this thing.
So, now I have a fully blinged Trex 450s/xl and a fully blinged Lama V3 and an unblinged and hard to fly Falcon 3D........ so much for not wanting to fly electric or heli. Now my model room is really full with all my fixed wing giant stuff and several helis............ this is a sickness, I'm sure of it.
Old May 31, 2007, 08:18 AM
Learning to fly helis
Mundijong, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2006
1,322 Posts
Once you have cut your teeth on this little lecky stuff, you will have to get yourself a nitro heli! Till then the TRex should keep you occupied.

Troy
Evil Lord X is offline Find More Posts by Evil Lord X