HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2007, 12:09 AM
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Discussion
ParkZone P-51 vs F27 Stryker

How is the stryker compared to the PZ51 ???

Should i get it before i give my mustang a second shot ??? Or is it about the same dificulty??

Legine recommended the Estarter. How durable is that plane?? Can it take crash landings like the AB challenger?

Perhaps there is something else i can try ??
WarpTrooper is offline Find More Posts by WarpTrooper
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2007, 12:52 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Apr 2007
53 Posts
I am no expert in this hobby, I am a begginer too. Why do you insist on moving through things so quickly?? I have a FB Phantom that was purchased after much research, and it has serve me well. You have an AB Challenger, a similar type, although much faster ( 180 vs 480 motor) and has more difficult airleon controls. If you are comfortable, I would fly (as I plan to my phantom) the AB into the ground, and until you are comfortable right throughout all manouvers etc. If not, why not take a step back onto the FB Phantom?? The F27 and P51 are not (as far as I have read) suitable for learners. You have been told this about the 51, and the F27 is pretty fast and as far as I know fully aerobatic. On a website I saw, they had a warning with the product, warning begginers and people with a limited space. Summing up - stop rushing and go for something simpler and cheaper

Will
Will7813 is offline Find More Posts by Will7813
Old May 29, 2007, 01:01 AM
Joined May 2007
12 Posts
Well, i guess i can just have fun with the challenger but i kinda want something with aileron control. The challenger has no aileron control. It just stays there right side up but i wanna do barrel rolls.

Btw, if i do that tail mode which increases the control surface (my challenger does feel like it cant turn as fast as i want to), can it do barrel rolls then ???
WarpTrooper is offline Find More Posts by WarpTrooper
Old May 29, 2007, 01:40 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2006
338 Posts
firstly, i dont think the estarter is very durable, not great quality
secondly, the stryker would be easier to fly than the p-51,
which stryker were you looking at, the brushless and lipo "C" version or the brushed and nimh "B" version?????
the "C" is freakishly fast, around 130 km/h,(80 mph) vertical flight etc but can also fly fairly slow, only negative is the price, around $350-$400

but yes, the stryker is easier than the p-51 for sure.
legine is offline Find More Posts by legine
Old May 29, 2007, 03:53 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Apr 2007
53 Posts
OK, I stand corrected, I have confused AB challenger with the AB swift.

Will
Will7813 is offline Find More Posts by Will7813
Old May 29, 2007, 10:36 AM
Belmont, CA
Joined Jan 2006
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpTrooper
How is the stryker compared to the PZ51 ???

Should i get it before i give my mustang a second shot ??? Or is it about the same dificulty??

Legine recommended the Estarter. How durable is that plane?? Can it take crash landings like the AB challenger?

Perhaps there is something else i can try ??
I think in order to get a good answer to your question, you will need to give more information.

How experienced are you? What planes have you flown? How well do you fly what you already have?
malibu43 is offline Find More Posts by malibu43
Old May 29, 2007, 06:26 PM
Captured RAF FW - 190
Worcestershire, UK
Joined Nov 2006
300 Posts
Plus some planes are fully aerobatic but don't have a powerful enough motor / setup stock to perform them well and it can be scary pulling rolls with these ' experience ' .
300s is offline Find More Posts by 300s
Old May 29, 2007, 09:27 PM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
GO FOR THE STRYKER C!!!!!!

First plane, everyday plane, just plane fun!

Just because it is semi fast stock doesn't mean you have to pin it. It flies perfect in 10mph winds at half throttle.

It's very stable too. Although it does not self correct... at all. You fly in a point and shoot manner.

I would get a good radio and get the PNP version with some 2100 lipos. You'll fly for a solid 10-12 mins a charge if you take it easier.

The Stryker will take a LOT of hits and keep on kicking (I have video proof!).

Honestly, I did not learn to fly until I got the Styrker and Typhoon. They took the fear out of flying and I learned pretty quick. (not dat I am dat good yet)

The servos in the Stryker ar ea little weak in the gears... but they are underneath and pretty well protected. They will strip out if you hit the elevons hard. The ESC and Motor are pretty solid stock.

OK, enough RA RA Stryker...

Have Fun!
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old May 29, 2007, 11:17 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,677 Posts
Everything I've read says that the Stryker is very durable and relitivly easily repairable when you crash. The P-51 is not so. Crash it hard and you're looking ar major parts replacments instead of gluing it back together. I agree with ICON's assesment. The Stryker is a more advanced plane, but that doesn't mean you can't learn on it. You very seldom see Strykers in the For Sale section.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old May 30, 2007, 02:06 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Sep 2006
338 Posts
the styrker may be more advanced due to the fact that it runs on lipo's and brushless motors, but it is definetly easier to fly than a warbird.
legine is offline Find More Posts by legine
Old May 30, 2007, 05:31 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,263 Posts
My thoughts on the E-Starter.
It's a good trainer. Kinda Aerobatic. Can do some ugly rolls, inside and outside loops, hammerheads, Split-Ss, iimmelmanns, inverted, etc.
It can be pieced back together just fine and seems durable enough to me, I try not to crash it.
Others love it, Got quite "slow" to me after mastering the ailerons. I still fly it just about everyday though.
fr4nk1yn is offline Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn