Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 29, 2002, 07:38 AM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
602 Posts
Sig Demoiselle

It took two weeks but mine is ready for flight. Awaiting proper battery pack. It weighs in at 6.4 oz ready for flight less the battery, just like stated on the box.
I stripped out my well worn Lite Stick and used all the equipment in the Demoiselle. It was the GWS pico pack and still works great after untold hours of flight. The GWS pack came with a 6 cell battery and the instructions state to use a 7 cell.
Its fun to build and looks cool with all the rigging lines!

Randy
RandyL is offline Find More Posts by RandyL
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2002, 08:40 AM
NorCal
Joined Oct 2002
731 Posts
Great looking plane, although you might want to take the pilot off his diet. Can't wait to hear how it flies.

Calm air to you
rahtware is offline Find More Posts by rahtware
Old Oct 29, 2002, 10:39 AM
Knight who says NI!
UK
Joined Apr 2001
134 Posts
Looks great Randy! I was going to get one of those when they first came out, but lack of availabilty in the UK and exams etc. prevented me.

If it flies as well as it looks I might be tempted...

Good luck

Regards
jamie516 is offline Find More Posts by jamie516
Old Oct 29, 2002, 10:52 AM
Nashua NH
Joined Jul 2000
3,403 Posts
Really looks so cool
Ralph A. D'Amelio is online now Find More Posts by Ralph A. D'Amelio
Old Oct 29, 2002, 11:35 AM
the journey is the reward
Canada
Joined Apr 2002
1,535 Posts
Nice work Randy.

Looking forward to a flight report.

More pictures?

HH
Hammer Head is offline Find More Posts by Hammer Head
Old Oct 29, 2002, 11:38 AM
RPV builder & operator
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2001
2,302 Posts
One of the guys here flies one indoors. It's slow and draggy, and needs a lot of throttle to stay airborne with heavy cells. I would doubt it would fly well with only 6 cells. It looks real good in flight.
Pierre Audette is offline Find More Posts by Pierre Audette
Old Oct 29, 2002, 11:38 AM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,693 Posts
Looks awesome! Those wheels are great...

-Jon
echoplanar is online now Find More Posts by echoplanar
Old Oct 29, 2002, 11:48 AM
Ipswich, MA, USA
Joined Feb 2000
50 Posts
Randy, please post again when you have a flight report. I am almost finished with mine. I have a stupid question though. I got two pilot figures on the same sheet. Do you just use one or are you supoposed to laminate them? I went with just one to save weight.
Alan
Alan Trefrey is offline Find More Posts by Alan Trefrey
Old Oct 29, 2002, 01:58 PM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
602 Posts
I have some other photos of it at home and will post a couple more. I will certainly post in-flight pics when it gets in the air.
Only one of the pilot figures were used on mine, I did not laminate either, looked like extra weight to me too.
I did soak the wheels with some thin CA to strenghten them a bit as I will be flying mine outside on calm days and figure they will be taking a beating.
For screw ups....I can think of a few. I worked hard enough to manage to glue the tail mounting swivel solid just as I was finishing up. ARGH!!! I them broke it loose and soaked the joint in Acetone over night. All the plastic melted out and I was able to cut some new plastic rod and reassemble more carefully.
Once the front axle is assembled, but not glued to the airframe, heat the outter ends of the axles red hot and let them cool. This will soften the music wire at the end so the end can be bent down for the rigging wire attachment.
Also, I did not use the sub minature nuts and bolts to hold the pilot figure together. I wished I was nibble enough to use such hardware but I view it as impossible! Instead, I pushed straight pins through the pilot figure ( no, not vodoo ) to hold the arms and legs in place and then used drops of thin CA to hold him all in proper postion then removed the pins.
So much for everything you never wanted to know! : ) Pics at 6..
Old Oct 29, 2002, 06:46 PM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
602 Posts
This shows the whole aircraft....
Old Oct 29, 2002, 06:49 PM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
602 Posts
And the layout of the servos using supplied 6lb fishing line for pull / pull lines on the rudder and elevator both..real nice!
Old Oct 29, 2002, 06:54 PM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
602 Posts
Finally, the full moving tail assembly. So neat to watch work and the pull / pull lines move it around so nicely. Very well done kit. It even contains the elestic line for the simulated rigging, mono line for pull / pull, lite span covering, and many extras.
Old Nov 03, 2002, 09:17 AM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
602 Posts
Three flights early this Sunday morn were all fantastic. I changed batteries and props on each flight and quickly found what is suitable.
The last, and best flight used a 7 cell Ni-cad pack ( 350 mah ) and the original "orange" prop that was flown on my Lite Stick forever. It is flying on all the original Lite Stick equipment except for the battery which is 7 cell instead of 6.. The Demoiselle would never fly on a 6 cell pack.
Liftoff is accomplished easily from normal grass field. As throttle is applied the tail lifts and it rolls out nicely on the big 3 inch wheels. Takeoff roll is around 6 - 8 ft I suspect. Roll out on landing is less than 1/2 of that.
Full throttle is left on for the first minute or so as it climbs to a safe height of 20- 30 ft. then the throttle is brought back a single click at a time until level flight is achieved. The elevator is almost a trim function as throttle controls the altitude, much like a paraplane. The controls are very sensitive, I will leave mine at recommended throws but will set my dual rate and expo for easy cruising.
My Ni-cad pack is new and may cycle up a bit more but the last flight from it lasted 8 minutes 27 seconds. I landed with electrons left as I didn't want to make an off field landing in the cut corn filed behind the house. The airplane cruises at 3/4 throttle give or take a click or two and descends for landing at 1/2 throttle.
This is certainly a still air aircraft but it is majestic on a fly by, well worth having ready for those beautiful mornings and late evenings. In flight photos when other humans are available for the photo shoot. Manson, my German Shepard gets slobers all over my camera so I don't let him use it anymore...
Old Nov 03, 2002, 09:27 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,443 Posts
Sig Demoisielle

Nice looking ship. Sounds like it flies real well. I have been looking at these since they were annouced, the Antoinette is the one I am really interested in. I have not been able to find anyone who carries these kits yet. ANyone know where I can get one from?

Thanks.

Brian Allen

Veni Vedi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is online now Find More Posts by Brian Allen
Old Nov 03, 2002, 09:49 AM
Silver Lake, Ks USA
Joined Dec 2000
602 Posts
Brian,

Go to the source.. http://www.sigmfg.com/ From there first choice would be to use their dealer listing but if no one carries them you can order direct from Sig for a given higher price. If that fails to produce a kit ( back order etc ) e-mail me as I think there is an Antoinette kit at my local shop, I'll help you get it.