Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bruff, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:51 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,939 Posts
Trader Rating: 420
Sold
HET F-4 RTF w/retracts.

Need to clean out the garage. Got this from EJF. Not going to fly it for a while. So it needs to go.This is the ad for it from RCUniverse when Robert got it. Everything is the same except I sent to batteries back to Tanic to have TP balance plugs put on it.
******************Ad from RCUniverse ****************
"For sale is my brand new HET F-4 Phantom twin EDF jet with custom retracts. I just recently finished assembling this one with all brand new components and have made 2 check out flights to make sure everything is airworthy. It is fast as heck and quite stable with only one click of trim needed on its maiden flight. The retracts perform flawlessly, and the spring loaded struts are actually functional. Landings are easy and there are no real bad habits that I could see in my initial flights. Unfortunately, Iíve got some bigger EDF projects that have taken over, so this one is up for sale!

This Phantom is in absolutely 100% perfect shape with no damage at all. Dimensions are around 48" long with a span of 32". Total weight is around 4.5 lbs RTF with batteries in place. The jet is designed for bungee launch, but I have modified it with a set of micro pneumatic retracts from Southeast Model Products with their custom spring loaded struts. The nose strut even has dual wheels like the scale one! These retracts are air up, spring down similar to Spring Air.

The plane is powered by twin Wemotec Mini Fan 480s. These are the newest versions of the fans with aluminum spinners and both have balanced rotors. The motors are HET EDF 2W brushless motors that are fed by a pair of Tanic 3S 3650 batteries and twin Castle Creations Phoenix 60 ESCs. The batteries hook up to a parallel wiring harness that provides a 3S2P 7300mah power supply which is shared by both motors. The motors peak around 50A with total output over 500W per side. The ESCs are in the thrust tubes for cooling and the batteries are held in a custom tray by Velcro straps and are accessible through the removable canopy. The air fill valve and receiver switch are also accessible through the canopy as well.

The jet has a total of 4 Hitec HS-65HB servos (2 aileron, 2 elevator) and two Hitec HS-55 servos (retract valve and nose steering). I replaced the stock wooden control horns with Robart ball link control horns and have upgraded the aileron linkages to a more solid setup. I used a Castle Creations Berg 7 receiver for my test flights (not included), and used a transmitter mix to control the two separate elevator servos. If needed, you can always add a Y-harness to control them if you donít have enough channels. All extensions are present and ready to plug into your receiver. There is also a new 600mah Sanyo cell 4.8V nicad battery for receiver and servo power.

Everything is setup to achieve balance with no additional ballast. The air tank is in the nose, the receiver battery is on the top deck behind the canopy, the lipos are in a tray at the back of the canopy, and the receiver will mount on the upper deck at the rear under a removable hatch. All you should need to fly is a receiver and the necessary support equipment (chargers, air pump, etc.), none of which is included.

For information on the kit itself, you can check out the following website: http://www.warbirds-rc.com/Store/hetf4-g.html"
****************** End of Ad************************
I'm asking $685.00 plus shipping. It includes everything stated above.
I accept paypal
Thanks,
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2007, 09:24 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
319 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
nice plane
kissfan is online now Find More Posts by kissfan
Old May 25, 2007, 09:42 PM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,276 Posts
Trader Rating: 250
Your killing me Bob!!!!!!!!!
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
See the Fur Fly
Dayton, OH
Joined Oct 2006
919 Posts
Trader Rating: 153
FNFAL is offline Find More Posts by FNFAL
Last edited by FNFAL; May 27, 2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old Jun 02, 2007, 08:56 PM
See the Fur Fly
Dayton, OH
Joined Oct 2006
919 Posts
Trader Rating: 153
I will offer your asking price of $685 PayPal if you cover the shipping. PM if acceptable.

Thanks
FNFAL is offline Find More Posts by FNFAL
Old Jun 03, 2007, 12:46 AM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,939 Posts
Trader Rating: 420
SOLD to FNFAL pending payment.
Thanks,
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Jun 03, 2007, 08:35 AM
USA, TX, Corpus Christi
Joined May 2005
594 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Congrats FNFAL!

Work lost me this deal....didnt get to PC in time...

DbleX is offline Find More Posts by DbleX
Closed Thread