HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2007, 07:54 AM
Helicrack Addict
Australia, QLD, Forest Lake
Joined Dec 2003
516 Posts
Help!
Curtis JN-4 Jenny Plans

I was hoping someone might know where I can get some plans for a ~35-40" Jenny. I want to build one for a CDR motor I have.

Somewhere I could download some would be great and a rescale from a rubber model would be fine to. I love a good scratch build hence the want for plans rather than a kit or an ARF.

Many thanks,

Matt.
whopper is offline Find More Posts by whopper
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2007, 10:19 AM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,533 Posts
I have the Dumas kit of the Standard, pretty much a Jenny. Those plans are for I think 30".
Also, AerodromeR/C has a 40" Jenny plan and or short kit available. I think the plans are $25.00 U.S.
Baldguy
baldguy is offline Find More Posts by baldguy
Old May 25, 2007, 10:26 AM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,933 Posts
Ask Pat Tritle too. I think he has plans in two or three sizes.

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb
Old May 25, 2007, 10:53 AM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,533 Posts
I should be drawn and quartered! How could I forget Pat!
baldguy is offline Find More Posts by baldguy
Old May 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
Helicrack Addict
Australia, QLD, Forest Lake
Joined Dec 2003
516 Posts
Excellent guys. Thanks very much.
whopper is offline Find More Posts by whopper
Old May 25, 2007, 10:46 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,537 Posts
FWIW, After many requests for a larger Jenny, I went to work and got the plans for the 60" Jenny for the RCHotdeals 1000KV Outrunner and 4 ch. R/C started last week. At this point, the design is about 75% done (enough to build), and the parts are pulled out of the assembly drawings. Nothing is nested yet, and there are a couple of minor hitches left to work out, but for the most part the design is looking pretty good. Sparky is going to work up the plastic parts -- so you KNOW that will be first class stuff -- and will be offering a short kit as soon as it's flown. Meanwhile, I'll run a thread as soon as the build begins.

PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle
Old May 26, 2007, 09:54 AM
pray for our troops
Farmington Hills, MI
Joined Jul 2005
959 Posts
Aerodromerc.com also sells plans for a 40" ws Curtiss Canuck and a very slightly larger JN-4 (listed as 41.25").

Rob
pac ace is offline Find More Posts by pac ace
Old May 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
High Exalted Poohbah
Atlanta, GA USA
Joined Sep 2001
1,884 Posts
I have six excellent Curtiss Jenny plans in high resolution .PDF format ready to e-mail. E-mail me at rcarswellsr@att.net and mention the Jenny and I will send you what I have. All of the plans can be enlarged/reduced and tile-printed out using the TilePrint computer program which will handle .PDF files. TilePrint can be bought off the web for $16 (US) at http://www.blackflight.com/tileprint/.

Planeman
planeman is offline Find More Posts by planeman
Last edited by planeman; Feb 13, 2009 at 01:59 AM.
Old May 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
Joined Jan 2007
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman
I have six excellent Curtiss Jenny plans in high resolution .PDF format ready to e-mail. E-mail me at <snip> and mention the Jenny and I will send you what I have. All of the plans can be enlarged/reduced and tile-printed out using the TilePrint computer program which will handle .PDF files. <snip>
ScaleAndTilePDF, an extension of ScaleAndTileImage (Google with "ScaleAndTileImage" for RCG links), is a Java-iText class that can do this as well. If you'll send me copies of the PDFs you mentioned, I'll be glad to use (one or more of) them as test files with the new ScaleAndTilePDF class and give you the resulting scaled/tiled PDFs.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
segraves is offline Find More Posts by segraves