HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 24, 2007, 08:20 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,851 Posts
Discussion
Now WHY didn't I think of this before?

Well, I traded in the Formosa. I think I want one at a future date.

Scratch that: I know I want one.

The gray matter kicked in prior to loading it in the car.

Since I was going to have to spend the money anyway (the store only issues store credit), why not spend it on Project Zero? Oh, yeah.

Except for the Cessna's tail and a spare tail motor for the Blade, the rest of the dough went into balsa stock, adhesives and epoxy filler for the cowl.

I bought Project Zero with me to match up material thickness; a couple of guys couldn't believe it had simply been given to me. An easy fix, they all agreed.

I even dared to look at a neat little O.S. .25 complete with muffler. It'll fit like a glove. Got some plans for my wedding anniversary, so no big purchases for now. Once I finish fixing the airframe and I'm OK with how it turned out, I'll get the engine before I start in on the cowl. That way, I'll know where I have to cut it before I patch and paint it.

I'm pleased to report this first influx of money into Project Zero was rather painless at less than $30.

As for the Cessna, it lives! Not bad for something I dug out of the trash, you know?

Pictures of the Zero to follow ASAP!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by DismayingObservation; May 24, 2007 at 08:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts